Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 04:49 AM   #316
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

I am in for the journey. I would like to lose some weight to help my arthritis. A friend and I were walking to our middle of the day assignment. She told me that her arthritis was bothering her so she was going to take the elevator and wanted to know if I wanted to go up with her. I did decline even if my knees and ankles have been bothering me. I just know that more I move the better I am even if it hurts the next morning.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #317
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
I am in for the journey. I would like to lose some weight to help my arthritis. A friend and I were walking to our middle of the day assignment. She told me that her arthritis was bothering her so she was going to take the elevator and wanted to know if I wanted to go up with her. I did decline even if my knees and ankles have been bothering me. I just know that more I move the better I am even if it hurts the next morning.
That is great that you decided to not take the elevator. This reminds me of a quote that I heard a long time ago related to weight loss/health... " A body in motion stays in motion, a body at rest stays at rest". Just by moving around it energizes us to keep moving. to start taking the easy way out and rest may eventually lead to more & more shortcuts. Best to keep moving! So glad you are in for the journey!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #318
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Nice to hear from both of you. I am thinking about restarting this weekend. I really need to get my head together. I will look you up this weekend.
Hey Dona - glad you are joining us.

I will get it together and am doing pretty well with food.

Linda
Old 01-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #319
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Jan 1st. Day 1 again!!!

I REALLY liked doing my daily journal and decided to resurrect this journal. It is time to get back to being serious about making healthy choices for a healthy living. It is getting to be way past just loosing weight for vanity reasons, but rather loosing weight to improve quality of life... and healthy choices will improve that quality of life. not just healthy choices for my body, but my mind too. I tend to get depressed in Feb & March, and think it is related to less sun, staying in doors. So I am making plans to stop it before it starts!

Healthy choices today:
1. Restart journal and set goals for the coming year
2. Exercise (40 min. on stairmaster, 3 weight machines for legs)
3. No take out food! Ate at home
4. log my food intake on my fitness pal.com
5. chewing gum right now and not snacking!
6. Walked around the block (it is FREEZING outside right now... single digits and I don't really like the cold, so that was far enough for me!)

Goals for the coming year:
1. Walk outside daily (unless ill, horrible weather, or weird circumstances), but I know that it will feel good to be outside
2. Exercise at least 5x a week
3. Log foods daily into my fitness pal
4. journal!
5. Eat at home more, take out less
6. Declutter
7. Have less credit card debt by the end of the year, and more in savings
8. catch up on photos
9. Scrapbook: finish scout scrapbook, Scrapbook the trip with parents to WDW, scrapbook 2012's vacation
10. Read at least 1 book a month

That's enough to start.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #320
Friend of a Mouse
Braille: To touch words and have them touch you back

Hi Vija! Your goals sound very similar to mine. I am excited to follow your journal this year and hope it goes well for you!

Worked for the Mouse: 2004-2007 (Attractions and Entertainment) Polynesian with family: 2004, 2005, 2007 POFQ and Disney Cruise with family: 2006 POFQ Honeymoon: 2010

Book Challenge 2014 /52. Currently reading: Cain's Blood by Geoffrey Girard
Finished: Night Broken by Patricia Briggs Project Cain by Geoffrey Girard Independent Study by Joelle Charboneau The Customer Rules by Lee Cockerell
Friend of a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #321
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend of a Mouse View Post
Hi Vija! Your goals sound very similar to mine. I am excited to follow your journal this year and hope it goes well for you!
Hi there! Do you have a journal too? would be fun to follow someone having similar goals! Thanks for coming on this journey with me.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #322
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 2, skipped the chocolate & McDonalds!

Early in the morning my manager was filling up the candy jar and it looked yummy... but that's all I did, took one look and kept moving on... And I got out early from work, did not have lunch there. In the past I would EASILY have gone to McDonalds for lunch, not this time! Went home and had lunch at home! I am so proud of myself.

I also...
went to the gym and did 40 min. on the eliptical and did 4 weight machines
took a walk around the block again
logged into my fitness pal
scrapbooked
journaled
read a little while on the eliptical
and since I didn't eat out, was helping the finances...

So of my 10 goals for the year, I worked on 8 of them!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #323
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 3... Finally maintained and didn't gain!

For a few years now DH's work did a "maintain don't gain", challenge. $10 to go in and if you didn't gain you get your money back and the money of others who didn't weigh in, or who gained is divided up amongst the maintainers. This is the first year that I actually maintained!!!!! Not only did I maintain, I actually lost 4#! So I am extremely happy.

I also had my consultation for the BL competition for his work. Another challenge that they are doing. I had to weigh in, do a step test, flexibility test, strength test, body composition, resting heart rate, blood pressure, and get measured. Game on!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #324
Friend of a Mouse
Braille: To touch words and have them touch you back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
Hi there! Do you have a journal too? would be fun to follow someone having similar goals! Thanks for coming on this journey with me.
Yes, I do. My journal is only focusing on the weight right now, but many of my other goals are similar to yours.

Congratulations on maintaing. That must feel good. I like that challenge- everybody who does well gets a reward. We are starting a new healthy weigh in challenge at work. We did BL last year, not sure how this one is different. Good luck on your BL challenge!

Worked for the Mouse: 2004-2007 (Attractions and Entertainment) Polynesian with family: 2004, 2005, 2007 POFQ and Disney Cruise with family: 2006 POFQ Honeymoon: 2010

Book Challenge 2014 /52. Currently reading: Cain's Blood by Geoffrey Girard
Finished: Night Broken by Patricia Briggs Project Cain by Geoffrey Girard Independent Study by Joelle Charboneau The Customer Rules by Lee Cockerell
Friend of a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #325
coffeecassie
Earning My Ears

Just started reading you Journal tonight, and it gives me a huge boost of encouragement seeing how long you've stuck with it! I usually do good for a month or so, and the get frustrated and give up. Thanks for sharing your journey! That takes a lot of courage!!!
coffeecassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #326
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecassie View Post
Just started reading you Journal tonight, and it gives me a huge boost of encouragement seeing how long you've stuck with it! I usually do good for a month or so, and the get frustrated and give up. Thanks for sharing your journey! That takes a lot of courage!!!
Hi there! And welcome to the journey!

thanks for the kind words, I completely understand the frustration after doing great for a while. When I fall off the wagon, I fall hard... does that happen to you too? This journal has been amazing to me. I love going back to read the days and see how far I've come, It makes me realize that time marches on and the time will pass one way or another and it is up to us to make it count! Wishing you lots of success on your journey!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:49 PM   #327
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Dady 4. Favorite magazine day!

I LOVE the annual People magazine that features people who lost 1/2 there body weight. It is my favorite magazine publication by far!!! So excited when I saw it. There is even someone featured that lost 3/4 of her weight! WOW, I can't wait to read it.

Today I did GREAT for lunch. A doc bought lunch for us (panera bread). I had a sandwhich, and had the salad but didn't put on ANY dressing. I just ate the veggies, and it tasted great. did not miss the dressing at all. I broke a cookie in half and ate the smaller half. Satisfied and enjoyed lunch. The thing I enjoyed most was the feeling of doing the right thing. Made me be proud and feel strong and confident I can do this thing. Wasn't originally planning to work out today, but went to the gym and did 40 min. on the stair climber and wow, did I sweat! Felt great.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #328
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend of a Mouse View Post
Yes, I do. My journal is only focusing on the weight right now, but many of my other goals are similar to yours.

Congratulations on maintaing. That must feel good. I like that challenge- everybody who does well gets a reward. We are starting a new healthy weigh in challenge at work. We did BL last year, not sure how this one is different. Good luck on your BL challenge!
Good luck with your healthy weigh in challenge at work! Lets hope both of us stay motivated!

I'll have to go and check out your journal. do you have any favorites that you are reading?
Old 01-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #329
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 5. Scrapbooking keeps my hands busy!

I've been working like crazy scrapbooking for DS. I am scrapbooking his scouting history and have to be done with it in less than one week. So the nice thing is that it is keeping me out of the kitchen, and off of the couch!

I have to admit though, I am certainly hungry, but I just told myself "no" and kept scrappin'. I hope that I can stay busy after next weekend too. I like having something to do to keep me off of the couch.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #330
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 6. Challenging day

Hmmm, today was not such a good one. I have been stressed over this coming Saturday. It is my DS's Eagle Scout Ceremony. I am working so hard on getting his scrapbook done in time. I honestly don't know if I will get it all done. I scrapbooked alot today, and did some other things for his ceremony. No time to work out, and unfortunatley I ate way too much. I know it was from stress. I know it is just an excuse and I fought it hard. I didn't eat as much as I would have in the past, but still ate way too much.

Last edited by PRINCESS VIJA; 01-07-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: