Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #76
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
That would be infuriating! How beyond rude!

Why would anyone want to take their clothes out before the dryer stopped though?

This is what has been referred to here. If someone doesn't come and get their clothes when they are finished -- whether dry or not -- their turn with the machine is finished. It is perfectly acceptable to remove the wet or dry clothes from the machine after it has finished and no one has come to claim them. There is no way I am going to pay to have someone else's laundry -- especially if they don't care enough to come back when the dryer was going to finish. They obviously weren't just running a few minutes late because they still hadn't shown up when the next dryer was available.
Really? Really??? So, are you 100% certain that there was not an emergency that happened to that person/family? No, didn't think so. It's called a random act of kindness.
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #77
flyersfan1129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post
Are there chairs in the laundry room? I could be pretty happy in the morning with some coffee and my kindle sitting watching my laundry if I had to... And is there laundry on every deck (Fantasy)?
There are benches on the Fantasy, as well...and my Kindle, coffee and I tended our laundry late one night! Not sure if there is a laundry room on EACH deck, but there is one on 7, 8 and 9. We were on deck 8, and the room was teeny tiny, so I used the rooms on 7 and 9.
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #78
DahliaRW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan1129 View Post
There are benches on the Fantasy, as well...and my Kindle, coffee and I tended our laundry late one night! Not sure if there is a laundry room on EACH deck, but there is one on 7, 8 and 9. We were on deck 8, and the room was teeny tiny, so I used the rooms on 7 and 9.
Thanks! We're on 6 so the room on 7 should be fairly convenient.
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise January 18-25, 2014
Walt Disney World (Port Orleans Riverside) January 25-29, 2014 (Epcot, AK, MK, Epcot, HS)

DahliaRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #79
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Started With a Mouse View Post
Really? Really??? So, are you 100% certain that there was not an emergency that happened to that person/family? No, didn't think so. It's called a random act of kindness.
sorry but I agree with ibgraves. I mean, your right, there might be an emergency however, if that's the case, there are an awful lot of emergencies on the ship.
as to the person who mentioned that you should try and push the restart button, there is a timer on each machine so you would be able to tell just by looking at it if there is still time left.
long and short, i'm not paying for your laundry and i'm not waiting for you to finish your swim. if its stopped, its stopped. your cloths will be waiting for you on the counter and no, not folded. i'm not your maid either.
that's just me, I hate doing laundry, vacation or not. don't waste my time, I will not waste yours.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #80
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Fantasy also has a laundry room on deck 2. Not a huge one, but very adequate. No one was in there when we were.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #81
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Started With a Mouse View Post
Have you read the rest of the thread for plenty of examples of people just thoughlessly not paying attention? Clothes are always piled on the counter on the last morning every single cruise because somehow people forget about the fact that they did laundry. If you don't remove the clothes from a machine that has stopped and does not have any time/money left, no one else is going to get their laundry done. The only time I have taken time out of my cruise to do laundry was on the PC repo. We had been in CA for a week previous to the cruise so I did our laundry on the 3rd day when it wasn't busy yet. If I had not stuck around and left our clothes in a washer or dryer, it would have been the right of the next person who came into the laundry room when the other machines were occupied to remove the clothes from the washer/dryer that was out of time...even if it was mine. If there was an emergency, the person can deal with their laundry when they have time to...but not have it occupy a machine that entire time. This is starting to sound very much like the pool chair hog threads.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #82
KerryFamily04
We love everything Disney

There is laundry on deck 10 too. If I remember correctly one of the smaller one 4w/4d no bench unless that's been added since may.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #83
Musicalmommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
That's the situation I was referring to. I was on the Fantasy and needed to wash. The room only had a couple of washers and one was due to be finished in 20 minutes. We decided to hang around and wait. The machine
Finished the load and about 10 minutes later the person showed up to retrieve her clothes and the proceeded to use the washer again. I said something about needing to wait in line again because by that time a couple more people showed up. She said it was hers to use as many times as she wished. I didn't think so. Very frustrating.

She said she wasn't staying with her laundry because it was her vacation and I reminded her that it was also mine .
So.. According to this lady, you only have to stand in line for splash mountain once, then you can ride it consecutively as many times as you would like to even though the line waits are over 20 minutes.

Humm.... That would be AWESOmE! but that doesn't happen EVER.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #84
2CME911
Mouseketeer

You guys are right...do your load and get out!

As for me, my wife won't let me live down the time I forgot to pack underwear, so here's me washing my whitie tighties every night in the sink...
Old 01-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #85
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CME911
You guys are right...do your load and get out!

As for me, my wife won't let me live down the time I forgot to pack underwear, so here's me washing my whitie tighties every night in the sink...
HaHa! This happened to DH on our first trip to WDW! He would wear swim trunks at night while his underwear dried from being washed before bed. Guess what is the first thing packed now?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:46 AM   #86
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

We took my nephew5 on the Mex.Riv. cruise last January. My sister in law packed for him. Even though I gave her a list (14 undies at least) she packed a new 5 pack underwear. SEVEN DAYS ! And ever heard of 'extras'? My mom was washing his undies too. He had gotten sick the last sea day and departure day. Ew. Awful.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:08 AM   #87
Tired mom of 3 boys
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377

HaHa! This happened to DH on our first trip to WDW! He would wear swim trunks at night while his underwear dried from being washed before bed. Guess what is the first thing packed now?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Happened to my DH as well!!! He bought a lovely pair of MM boxers in the gift shop and washed/alternated - thank goodness it was only 4 nights! Yes... First thing packed!
Tired mom of 3 boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:52 AM   #88
susan1
DIS Veteran

Just be polite and considerate and don't put caramel popcorn in the drier like someone did to me

susan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #89
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
DW and I usually did laundry early or late, and stayed in the laundry room reading to make sure we got in and out as quickly as possible. And to us, the only thing worse than someone who doesn't remove their laundry in a timely fashion is someone who takes someone elses laundry out of the washer or dryer and sets it on the sand covered, laundry soap covered counter.
I have washed our laundry on every cruise we've been on(can't stand taking my dirty clothes home), and the counters have NEVER been dirty. And if they were I would never put someones clean clothes in filth. I will remove laundry from dryers in order to use them if nobody has come to claim them. I have even been "caught" by the owner of the clothes while I was removing them, and it wasn't an issue-they understood. I would expect someone to do the same with mine, though that would never be an issue as I watch the clock and return in time to get my clothes.

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #90
erinsmom03
Mouseketeer

LOL! I love this thread!
Personally, I'm not doing laundry on vacation, so those of you on the Fantasy Feb 16-23 have one less family to share the machines with!

WDW offsite 1978 RCCL 1996 RCCL 1997 WDW offsite 1998 RCCL 1999
Poly 2008 Poly 2009 FQ/BC 2011 Poly/Fantasy Western Caribbean 2013
Cabana Bay/Universal/Magic Bahamas 2014

erinsmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: