Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #286
suevr
One More Disney Day Sweepstakes Winner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Here's a question...what if we have the premium annual passes already and don't need the hoppers...can we trade the hoppers out for something else or can we save them to use after our PAPs expire or even give them to someone else? Anyone who won last year have APs when they won?
I think only two of us had annual passes but we have them for WDW and we both chose DL. For those of us who chose DL we were told that we couldn't add extra days or upgrade our tickets. For those that chose WDW they were able to upgrade their 5 day tickets to annual passes if they wanted. I don't know what your option would be if you already have passes but I'm sure you would be able to do something with them.
~ July~ Disneyland Hotel~ One More Disney Day Sweepstakes trip
2011~ January, May, October~ Fort Wilderness Campground
2010~ May, October~ Fort Wilderness Campground
2009~ October~ Fort Wilderness Cabins
suevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #287
camsmama
"One More Disney Day" Sweepstakes winner 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by suevr

I think only two of us had annual passes but we have them for WDW and we both chose DL. For those of us who chose DL we were told that we couldn't add extra days or upgrade our tickets. For those that chose WDW they were able to upgrade their 5 day tickets to annual passes if they wanted. I don't know what your option would be if you already have passes but I'm sure you would be able to do something with them.
You would be able to save your park hoppers that you would win and apply the value to the amount of your AP's when you renew. You are not able to give the tickets to someone else, as they are non transferable.

WDW - Too many times to count since we live so close
DL - OMDD Trip Grand Californian - August 2012 (first time to DL & California)
camsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #288
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehoey View Post
I still think that's strange. I was relieved to hear they were calling when the person here just won for this contest (hoping not email because of spam). But curious how they called her twice and left messages. Sounds like they are serious about three attempts to contact and then moving on to alternate picks. According to the rules, they are chosing 3 alternate winners each day.
you think they're just making 3 calls and then move on to the next person? Or they then would send out the Fed Ex?
We need to hear from some more winners so we can see how they're doing it this time.
We never answer our phones if it's a # we don't recognize.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #289
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

oops
Old 01-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #290
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
you think they're just making 3 calls and then move on to the next person? Or they then would send out the Fed Ex?
We need to hear from some more winners so we can see how they're doing it this time.
Who knows what the method is since it was so scattered last time on contacting winners. Just keep an eye on email and answer phone calls from New York area code too!

juliehoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #291
caralyn817
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
I was wondering the same thing about the calls. I'm a teacher and can't answer the phone while I'm teaching. If they leave a message are they giving you time to call back. It would seem like they would have to. I'm hoping that I win, but I have very bad luck.

caralyn817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #292
camsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralyn817

I was wondering the same thing about the calls. I'm a teacher and can't answer the phone while I'm teaching. If they leave a message are they giving you time to call back. It would seem like they would have to. I'm hoping that I win, but I have very bad luck.
For the OMDD contest, I was sent a text because I was entering via text message. The text message said something like "please return the call to xxx-xxx-xxxx regarding your entry in the Disney sweepstakes." I knew right then that I had won but my husband refused to believe it!

Old 01-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #293
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsmama View Post
For the OMDD contest, I was sent a text because I was entering via text message. The text message said something like "please return the call to xxx-xxx-xxxx regarding your entry in the Disney sweepstakes." I knew right then that I had won but my husband refused to believe it!
Francie, that's crazy! I entered ONLY through text too but they called me. Wonder why so many different methods?? But yet we all heard from the same person.

juliehoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #294
camsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehoey

Francie, that's crazy! I entered ONLY through text too but they called me. Wonder why so many different methods?? But yet we all heard from the same person.
Ya, I know. It is crazy and it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense!

Old 01-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #295
cerilene
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suevr View Post
I never got a call from Ventura. I just got the Fed Ex letter at the door, and then everything else was by e-mail. I feel like I missed out.
Same with me. I would love to know why we weren't called or emailed. But I'm pretty sure I could have won America's Funniest Videos if there had been a camera in that envelope taping my reaction. I seriously thought I was being sued or something when I first saw that I was getting an official letter sent by FedEx!

cerilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #296
Gantu
Oh,,,,,blitznac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suevr View Post
Congratulations on your win! Winning OMDD last year was so exciting and we had an amazing trip!

Once you return your affidavit you should get an e-mail from your contact at Ventura pretty quickly verifying you as a winner. If it's anything like the contest last year, we had to wait until the entire contest was over to hear anything from Disney. It was agonizing waiting to hear the details. There were blackout dates for our trips and we had to stay over a Saturday night. You should be able to choose from a deluxe resort and if you wanted to stay longer you should be able to do that, by paying out of pocket of course. They even offered us discounted room rates.

Have you decided which add on package you'll choose? Congratulations again!
Perfect! Thank you so much for the information!

Did any of the winners from last year need to send in pictures with your paperwork?

Droped my paperwork off into the fedex box today.

I'm pretty sure were going to pick:
GROWNUP FUN AND ROMANCE for Disney World

We just went to Disneyland. It was fun and we had a good time, it just not the same as Disney World.

I'd really love to stay at the Beach Club! I've read the Beach Club thread a million times! But we will be happy with whatever! I would just love to wake up and walk right into the International gateway!

We've stayed at: CBR, AKL CL, WL, All Star Movies and Pop- We try and stay at a new Hotel every visit.

I do think we are going to try and stay a few days more. Were any of the past winners able to just add days to your tickets? Or did you just buy new tickets?

My phone call was fun. I thought she was calling to sell me DVC. We made all kinds of small talk. She's SUPER nice and funny! A few minutes in, she's like.. do you remember entering the contest? I was like yes... and then I really don't remember much.... I was trying to write it all down!

I'm going to start planning... I LOVE the planning, almost more then the trip!

Thanks again everyone and I hope we get some more winners here!

11/09 WL ~ 5/11 SSW POP ~ 8/12 Disneyland / DCA
5/31-6/9/13 AOA- YC - POR

Trip to come!!!! I really won a trip to Disney World!
Gantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #297
Gantu
Oh,,,,,blitznac!

Oh, I have one more question for last years winners.

I know this may sound stupid.... what airline did you all fly on?

11/09 WL ~ 5/11 SSW POP ~ 8/12 Disneyland / DCA
5/31-6/9/13 AOA- YC - POR

Trip to come!!!! I really won a trip to Disney World!
Gantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #298
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes:)Mom View Post
I was the alternate Grand Prize Winner in the Disney Cars Lands sweepstake. The sweepstake ended 12/31/11 but I didn't know i won until April! I guess it can take some time.
...what is an 'alternate' winner?
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #299
cristen72
Mouseketeer

For those that have won trips in the past...

What happens if you have a family of 5? I'm assuming you could just pay the airfare and park ticket for your extra child, but what about the hotel room? The prize specifies a 4 occupancy room. How would they handle that I wonder?

I only have 2 kids myself but my coworker is entering too and she has three kids, ages 11, 14 and 16 so they are all considered Disney adults as far as room ressies go.

September 2011 AS Movies 1st trip ever!!

September 2012 AoA 40th bday trip for me!

October 2016 Fingers crossed!
cristen72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #300
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsmama View Post
You would be able to save your park hoppers that you would win and apply the value to the amount of your AP's when you renew. You are not able to give the tickets to someone else, as they are non transferable.
...but if they aren't activated yet, why can't they be given to someone else?
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: