Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #916
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Ok....that's justified. However....I still don't think it will stick
neither does hubs

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 01-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #917
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
neither does hubs
....shocker

GOOD NEWS! GOOD NEWS!!! Check out my ticker!!! 21 days until we head to the MK!!!

Bill is such a sweetheart....believe it or not, this was his idea to surprise Faith for her birthday. I wanted to take her to Atlanta and do the American Girl Hotel package...he says "Why don't we just go to WDW for the weekend?" ....I couldn't get on the computer fast enough to price out rooms

Port Orleans, Royal Guest room is what I booked. Bill had a 30% off pin code....why let it go to waste

I'm just a little excited....

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #918
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Oh what fun! Faith is a lucky girl!! I'll look forward to that trip report...if you do one that is
Old 01-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #919
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

What a great birthday surprise!! Faith is going to love it. And those Royal Rooms look so cute. Enjoy!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 01-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #920
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

How cool is that! Will the boys be going too?

Loved the Royal Palace update. That was my favorite restaurant. I agree, waiters can make or break the cruise. Awesome how they entertained the kids.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 01-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #921
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh I laughed hard out loud at those pics of the kids and your accompanying narration. Too funny! Thanks for the update!!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #922
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Oh what fun! Faith is a lucky girl!! I'll look forward to that trip report...if you do one that is
You must have read my mind .....I was thinking about a mini-TR. We've never been to POR, so there will be LOTS of pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
What a great birthday surprise!! Faith is going to love it. And those Royal Rooms look so cute. Enjoy!
Let's hope they're as cute as they look! She first asked if we were going to the resort with the pretty red roof (aka...the Grand Floridian) I told her this trip was going to be short and sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
How cool is that! Will the boys be going too?

Loved the Royal Palace update. That was my favorite restaurant. I agree, waiters can make or break the cruise. Awesome how they entertained the kids.
The boys will be in tow, also! They wouldn't miss it and would be furious with us if we took Faith and not them Last year when we went to the American Girl restaurant and ate lunch, they were really good sports and actually enjoyed it for their sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Oh my gosh I laughed hard out loud at those pics of the kids and your accompanying narration. Too funny! Thanks for the update!!
Glad you got a good laugh Too bad we don't have it on video...I could title it "What NOT to let your children do on a cruise..."

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 01-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #923
Sweetpeamd
Mouseketeer

Yea!!!!! I am so excited for you and your family!!!! You MUST do a mini TR so we can see the Royal rooms! I'm dying to hear all about POFQ, too! I can't wait to see your photos.

We are heading down for Spring Break and we considered staying at one of the PO resorts. Alas, our beloved OKW won out instead. Maybe one day we'll stay at PO. If I can EVER figure out how to change my ticker, I'll update it. Yikes, I'm computer challenged!

[COLOR="Magenta"]1977-2007 Off Property Visits [COLOR="Lime"]2008 Beach Club [COLOR="Magenta"]2009 Beach Club [COLOR="Lime"]2010 Beach Club Villas[COLOR="Magenta"] 2010 Saratoga Springs 2011 Saratoga Springs2011 BLT 2012 OKW 2012 BLT

Me DH DS12
DD10 DS8 DD6
Old 01-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #924
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
You must have read my mind .....I was thinking about a mini-TR. We've never been to POR, so there will be LOTS of pics!
I'll be looking forward to it!!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #925
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Awesome!! Congrats!!

I have 27 days until AKL!! Can't wait!!

Have a great time!!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #926
Sue M
DIS Veteran

What a great birthday surprise for everyone! We check in at POFQ jan 23. Will you be there then, at POR? If you are, PM me. We can meet for Beignets!!

Did I say I wasn't going to over-pack AGAIN? for 2 weeks so far 20 shirts? We haven't even gotten to the bottoms or shoes yet . Sheech.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 01-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #927
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

I am soooo loving this TR. We leave for AKL end of March. This is the first TR that has gone into such great detail about this resort. Most people say " Its nice... look there's animals."

I guess it helped that you spent 3 days enjoying the resort before you cruise.

We did the dream last April with a double dip on CC it was awesome. I am hoping to cruise the Fantasy for 7 days in 2014 !

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

OOH and where did you get ears for your daughters AG ??
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL
Old 01-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #928
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Great update. The restaurant looks beautiful. What a nice surprise for your parents anniversary. -Amanda
Old 01-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #929
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpeamd View Post
Yea!!!!! I am so excited for you and your family!!!! You MUST do a mini TR so we can see the Royal rooms! I'm dying to hear all about POFQ, too! I can't wait to see your photos.
It will definitely be "mini" since we're only going to be there a few days. I'm looking forward to totally checking out a new resort....I've never stepped foot on the grounds of POR, so this is uncharted territory for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpeamd View Post
We are heading down for Spring Break and we considered staying at one of the PO resorts. Alas, our beloved OKW won out instead. Maybe one day we'll stay at PO. If I can EVER figure out how to change my ticker, I'll update it. Yikes, I'm computer challenged!
Yes....your ticker is stuck on BLT Get the kids to help ya...mine seem to be more electronic savvy than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
I'll be looking forward to it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Awesome!! Congrats!!

I have 27 days until AKL!! Can't wait!!

Have a great time!!!!
Thanks!! I know y'all are chomping at the bit and ready to go to AKL. I always get excited when "DisFriends" travel to the World Have you started any packing yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
What a great birthday surprise for everyone! We check in at POFQ jan 23. Will you be there then, at POR? If you are, PM me. We can meet for Beignets!!
We arrive on Friday, Jan. 25th and leave Sunday afternoon on the 27th....very short trip. Luckily we live close. We'll be going to MK on that Saturday. Would love to meet for beignets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Did I say I wasn't going to over-pack AGAIN? for 2 weeks so far 20 shirts? We haven't even gotten to the bottoms or shoes yet . Sheech.
I'm shocked.... And how many suitcases are you carrying????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia's mom View Post
I am soooo loving this TR. We leave for AKL end of March. This is the first TR that has gone into such great detail about this resort. Most people say " Its nice... look there's animals."

I guess it helped that you spent 3 days enjoying the resort before you cruise.
You're so kind...thanks Sometimes dad and I go a bit crazy with our cameras Part of our vacations revolve around the whole photography thing and sharing our pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia's mom View Post
We did the dream last April with a double dip on CC it was awesome. I am hoping to cruise the Fantasy for 7 days in 2014 !

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

OOH and where did you get ears for your daughters AG ??
The 2 days at CC are awesome, aren't they?! I could have spent 3 days there!!!

The AG doll ears....well....don't look too closely or you will see some flaws Mom and I made them. We found a pattern online and then went to Wal-Mart and bought the stuff to make them. We bascially just used hot glue and felt. Not too hard. Once we got to WDW, we did the Minni outfit for dolls over at the Poly. The ears that came with the outfit don't stay on the head very well.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 01-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #930
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Great update. The restaurant looks beautiful. What a nice surprise for your parents anniversary. -Amanda
Thanks, Amanda. Y'all are leaving in just a few days, right?! How excited are you??!! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

Safe travels and here's lots of pixiedust for ya...
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: