Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #1366
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

So nice to read some good news today here - PIF, new bookings, upcoming trips... but I'm sorry that your DD is ill, Jen. You must be very worried and tired. Have they confirmed yet that it's the flu? I heard that a very virulent strain is going around that wasn't expected so this year's inoculation doesn't protect against it.

I discovered the cutest Mickey and Orange Bird painting featured in today's Disney Blog. It's by Design Group Senior Character Artist Monty Maldovan and I'm happy to share it with everyone. It's easier for me to post than PM everyone so here is a signature size:

And the original for custom editing:

Old 01-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #1367
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Heather:Wow....how nice a birthday surprise for her! Sounds great!

Candace: congrats on PIF!

Just popping in, DD4 is sick. Had her at the hospital this morning as she was very listless, couldn't focus, glazed eyes, and crying that her stomach was really really hurting her. She then vomited all over the place at the hospital. Nurses said she is still fighting off what she had a couple of days ago.
I am just paranoid about stomach problems, my friends son died at 6 years old from a twisted bowel, and ever since then I am extremely nervous. Sorry if I have already mentioned this in the past.

My parents have taken my older two for the day which was nice. So hope everyone has a good day. I will be MIA.

Jen
I hope baby girl feels better soon!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #1368
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Good news: Southwest just published a 35% sale for booking today only ... very limited dates but they work for my DL Diva trip!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #1369
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Candace..... for a trip paid in full!! Feels good, doesn't it?

Jen....hope your daughter is up and running soon! It's never fun when our little ones are sick.

Kook....nice to "see" you

Linda.... awesome deal on the flights!! Wish they flew out of Savanna. I'm trying to book flights to Cancun for our June trip.

The room I booked for Faith.... (I'm just a little excited )

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 01-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #1370
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

I love this room!!! I had no idea they are so nice!!! Maybe when we are at POR next week we can peek in one.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #1371
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I love this room!!! I had no idea they are so nice!!! Maybe when we are at POR next week we can peek in one.
Or get a magical upgrade????

Heather, congrats on the booking Faith's Bday trip!! It's perfect!!

Jen, so sorry about DD... several people around work have come down with that virus... hope your cutie is feeling better fast.

MM: Yeah for PIF!!

Kook, love our newest orange bird logo!

Pas, looking forward to Sunday my friend...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #1372
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Kook, love our newest orange bird logo!
Oh, thank you, Janet - I'm glad you like them. It's more seasonally neutral than say, umm, the Halloween OB I made
Old 01-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #1373
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Oh, thank you, Janet - I'm glad you like them. It's more seasonally neutral than say, umm, the Halloween OB I made
umm, I know ... always meant to change it out, but December was a blur...and now that I've been properly scolded, will do so!!

Plus, I like Halloween!!

TY Kook!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #1374
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Of course I will tell you that is a fabulous idea! Life is short....and I personally hate letting a discount go by without using it!
Me too - I can't stand to pass up a sale! LOL Of course, I haven't brought up my idea to dh yet! LOL Love the pic of the girls by the way! Did you post one of them with their AG dolls at Christmas? My youngest got one too - so sweet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

Lacey – I think you should definitely go over spring break for your bday If my bday didn’t fall so close to Memorial Day I think I would secretly want to spend my bday in WDW too.

Melissa
I can't honestly think of a better bday gift
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
absolutely!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

That sounds like a great idea!! We went in Spring Break in 2004. My DH doesn't want to do that again, even though he would get to spend his bday at WDW.
I think DH would hate Spring Break. But it is one of the busiest weeks of his year. So I am thinking I will just steal away for a few days with the kids and he can work - Although, he might surprise me and say no way are you going without me! If he doesn't go, we can stay somewhere that only sleeps 4 (WL maybe?) or I could take both grandmas and possibly stay at AoA
Quote:
Silly question .... RCers always say book that vacation!!! We're here to support your habit!
Enablers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Here's a little tribute to our Jungle Cruiser from Miss M...

Love this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Here is my PAID IN FULL DANCE!!!!

Now to just sit back and wait until April! YC here I come!!!
PIF - YAY YAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Hi everyone!

Just had to pop in and say hello AND share my good news (only y'all will appreciate my Disney excitement) Check out my rotating banner!!!! POR with the Royal Room for Faith's b-day!!

We were going to take her to Atlanta and do the American Girl Hotel package...Bill surprisingly said, "Why don't we just go to WDW for the weekend and make use of my PIN code." As I picked up my jaw off the ground, I got on the computer and made the ressies!!

Now...back to making a couple of dining ressies!!!

Heather
That is awesome! So excited for you!
Quote:
Just popping in, DD4 is sick. Had her at the hospital this morning as she was very listless, couldn't focus, glazed eyes, and crying that her stomach was really really hurting her. She then vomited all over the place at the hospital. Nurses said she is still fighting off what she had a couple of days ago.
I am just paranoid about stomach problems, my friends son died at 6 years old from a twisted bowel, and ever since then I am extremely nervous. Sorry if I have already mentioned this in the past.

My parents have taken my older two for the day which was nice. So hope everyone has a good day. I will be MIA.

Jen
Hope she feels better soon!
Quote:
Good news: Southwest just published a 35% sale for booking today only ... very limited dates but they work for my DL Diva trip!!!
So - those dates coincide with our school break!!! BUT, oldest dd has a dance competition that weekend (BOOOOO!!!!). *I mean not really - I love to watch her. *But it sure would have been nice to use the kids' time off school!
Quote:
Love him and added him to my siggy! Thanks Kook!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 01-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #1375
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the good thoughts for DD4. She has eaten some soup and crackers and then demanded more., then demanded a bath because she felt she smelled bad, and is now demanding Dora. I think she is feeling a little better.

Can someone pls tell me how to get that new orangebird onto my signature??? I am completely clueless. I have a macbook, and I have tried to click on it to copy it but it is not working for me. I did make it my computer wallpaper though!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #1376
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
Thanks for all the good thoughts for DD4. She has eaten some soup and crackers and then demanded more., then demanded a bath because she felt she smelled bad, and is now demanding Dora. I think she is feeling a little better.

Can someone pls tell me how to get that new orangebird onto my signature??? I am completely clueless. I have a macbook, and I have tried to click on it to copy it but it is not working for me. I did make it my computer wallpaper though!
Jen I do a save as and upload to photobucket. Then copy the URL and add to siggie

Happy DD is better!!

Hi Lacey!

TY Kook!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #1377
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
If its not going to break the bank, go with the dream!!! I'm a bad influence.
Yes, you are a bad influence...but in such a good way.
I talked to the DH late last night. I decided that I will leave the camera situation up to the fates, like I did with the CR one. He doesn't think we'll get a tax return this year. If we do, I can buy either a Canon or Nikon DSLR camera. I've been looking and so far I want the Canon EOS Rebel T4i. Then I can just give my mom my Fujifilm Finepix. She has one, but mine has better zoom than the one she has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Hi everyone!

Just had to pop in and say hello AND share my good news (only y'all will appreciate my Disney excitement) Check out my rotating banner!!!! POR with the Royal Room for Faith's b-day!!

We were going to take her to Atlanta and do the American Girl Hotel package...Bill surprisingly said, "Why don't we just go to WDW for the weekend and make use of my PIN code." As I picked up my jaw off the ground, I got on the computer and made the ressies!!

Now...back to making a couple of dining ressies!!!

Heather
Have y'all told her, or will it be a surprise.
It's it super hot when our hubby's say/do stuff like that? Last year, I found my DH in our locked bedroom, laying in bed, with a laptop on his tummy, ear buds, in his ears......pricing WDW trips. Then he said that we had to move our trip up b/c he couldn't pass up on the good room only deals. It was the hottest thing I have ever seen him do and hottest thing he has ever said to me.

Quote:

Jen
I hope she feels better soon. That was so great of your parents to take the older two for the day.

Quote:
I discovered the cutest Mickey and Orange Bird painting featured in today's Disney Blog. It's by Design Group Senior Character Artist Monty Maldovan and I'm happy to share it with everyone. It's easier for me to post than PM everyone so here is a signature size:

And the original for custom editing:

Thanks for sharing. It's a super cute picture!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I think DH would hate Spring Break. But it is one of the busiest weeks of his year. So I am thinking I will just steal away for a few days with the kids and he can work - Although, he might surprise me and say no way are you going without me! If he doesn't go, we can stay somewhere that only sleeps 4 (WL maybe?) or I could take both grandmas and possibly stay at AoA
I've offered to go without the DH and take my nephew instead, but the DH won't let me do that.

Well I had a scary morning. After getting the boys to school (I had to drive them since the bus driver didn't slow down at all. The oldest DS saw her coming down the street, he walked out of the back door as soon as he saw her. I guess since he wasn't already at the end of the driveway, she zoomed right on past.) and making sure the DH got off to work, I was kidnapped at around 9 AM. My bed, pillows, and blankets all worked together in the kidnapping. I wasn't released until almost 1 PM. It was just awful.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #1378
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jen I do a save as and upload to photobucket. Then copy the URL and add to siggie

Happy DD is better!!

Hi Lacey!
And next week you can help me do this????
Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #1379
WDWKOOK

Quote:
umm, I know ... always meant to change it out, but December was a blur...and now that I've been properly scolded, will do so!!

Plus, I like Halloween!!
You're too cute. DD (14) LOVES Halloween, too. In fact, in August we bought Mickey Halloween ornaments on Main Street. DD put them up in her room as soon as we got home. They were (reluctantly) removed and stored away after Christmas. She thought I was being unreasonable. Moms are never unreasonable. I got back at her by putting her old Winnie the Pooh flannel sheets on her bed yesterday. I thought she'd protest, but so far, she hasn't said anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post

Love him and added him to my siggy! Thanks Kook!
I thought last Spring Break (our first) would be terrible, but it wasn't at all. We did a BWI/CL and WL/CL split and the lounges weren't crowded. Wait times were longer, but we got FPs and have been many times so we didn't stress over skipping something with a long line. Room prices are higher, so maybe that also keeps people away? The weather was perfect - no rain, not too warm, (it was the end of March, beginning of April).

Quote:

Three options: right click on your mouse and choose "copy image address" then paste it into your signature. Or you can drag it onto your desktop and then upload to your own photo sharing site like Photobucket.

Or you can just add [IMG] to the beginning and [/IMG] to the end of this address, copy it (right click or highlight to copy) then paste it right into your sig. I think even Linda can do this

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/t...568LARGE-1.jpg
Old 01-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #1380
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Yay! I did it! Thanks Janet!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: