Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #16
kathymc
Dances in the kitchen
TR connosseur
Misses puppy breath

I realized I forgot to write about a couple things - a ride to Tantulas Drive a visit to the Army Musueum and my spa appointment.

Tantulas Drive is just a sightseeing ride 10 minutes from Waikiki with some great views of diamond head and over the city. It was a little overcast this day so photos didnt come out that great.

The Army museum was right in Fort Russy Park and was quite interesting. We spent about 1 1/2 hours looking at things. Chatted with an interesting vet and checked out the moderately priced gift shop. Worth a stop if you are into the history of it all.

I cant remember what day I went to the spa, I think it was Wednesday morning. I didnt book until we got to Aulani as I was afraid of the noise from the construction. When I realized it was minimal I was able to book the day and time I wanted. I booked a hot stone treatment. I was able to enjoy the water therapy gardens for about 1/2 hour before and 1/2 hour after my treatment and it was lovely. Even jumped in the cold plunge pool. There was only one other couple in there.

They have you pick a stone with a word on it, and then you drop it into a cool pool. You also pick your choice of scent for your oils. When you leave they give you some as a scrub and some salts with the word you chose. Thought that was quite lovely.

May 5-12, 2007 POP + OKW Sept 27-Oct 5, 2008 Contemporary December 4-13, 2010 - BCV
March 14-17, 2013 SSPINGS December 7-15, 2013 - BCV Next Trip - Aulani December 10-12, 2014
kathymc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: