Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #16
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Thanks we like Mexican so might consider San Angel Inn
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #17
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnmooner2013 View Post
My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Disney World June. Listed below is our day by day itinerary. Please let me know of your thoughts; and any ideas to make trip even more unforgettable and romantic. The only thing that is out is a fire works cruise. Congratulations! What a wonderful start to your marriage, too!

Monday: check in to Wilderness Lodge, then afternoon at Animal Kingdom - Rain Forest Cafe lunch; Sanaa dinner (5:00 PM hopeful to get window table to view animals). After dinner; shopping at Boardwalk then shopping at Downtown Disney.
WL is a truly wonderful choice for a honeymoon. Romance is everywhere at that place! Personally, I think you have way too much going on for your first day. It looks like you are arriving at WL around midmorning - midday? RFC will take time and the servings are very big, it seems you will be rushing to make it to dinner at Sanaa at 5, and you likely won't even be hungry. And then two different destinations after dinner seems a little overwhelming, and it looks like you have time built in for both BW and DTD later in the week. You are staying at such a gorgeous resort, why not enjoy it for the afternoon, and maybe do an early dinner at Artist Point? Or make dinner at Sanaa your main activity of the day and really take some time to stroll around the AKL. I also notice that you are doing 1.5 days at AK and only one at MK. I would reverse that, you might need a little extra MK time for the new Fantasyland. Also, you haven't worked catching Wishes from inside the park into your schedule. We always enjoy spending our first evening watching the MK parade and Wishes from Main Street.

Tuesday: day at Hollywood Studios - breakfast at Roaring Forks; lunch at Mama Melroses; Boatwright's dinner (7:45 PM dinner res); after dinner Carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside (9:00 PM). Then take boat to Downtown Disney for Characters in Flight hot air balloon ride. Sounds wonderful and very romantic! I agree with your choice of MM for lunch. It is my favorite of the ones at DHS...that's not saying much, but we enjoyed a solid meal here and the atmosphere is nice. You will probably have time in the evening to enjoy more of DTD, making your trip here the night before unnecessary (unless you REALLY love DTD, to me it is just a glorified mall).

Wednesday: day at Magic Kingdom - breakfast at Crystal Palace; lunch at Columbia Harbour House: dinner at either Be our Guest (5:00 PM res.) or Spirit of Aloha Show (8:00 PM show) then probably watch Wishes...My family ADORES everything about the Polynesian Resort...except SoA. We don't outright HATE it, but we don't LOVE it, either. Though I have never been to BoG, it is my dream to dine there...but you're not marrying ME! LOL. If your wife-to-be really must do SoA, I am sure you will have a good time, but make sure you book Category 1 seating, for the only view even remotely worth it. Also, I'm not sure if the show lets out in time for Wishes...you'd have to check on that though. BoG would also give you more time in MK, which I think you will need.

Thursday: day at Epcot - lunch at Via Napoli; dinner at Le Cellier. Watch Illuminations from World Showcase. Nice! I personally prefer either San Angel Inn or LaHacienda (over LC), both are beautiful and have lovely atmosphere, but in different ways. My DH, DD and DS all preferred the food at LH, while I think SAI serves up two of the best entrees in all of WDW, the Sirloin Rellenos and the Pollo a las Rajas. The Margaritas from La Cava de Tequila are the best on the planet, and both restaurants serve their margaritas from there. If you decide not to dine at either of these restaurants, try to make time to go inside the mexican pyramid to the bar for margaritas, if you generally enjoy them. NOTE: The margaritas at the cart/stand outside are NOT the same!

Friday: Wilderness Lodge resort day - breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe. Rent Surrey bikes; then pontoon boat in the morning. In the afternoon lunch at Roaring Fork, massages at Sturdy Branches, and swim at pool. Dinner at Narcoossee's (7:55 PM res) watch Electrical Water Pageant and Wishes from either the restaurant or the Grand Floridian Marina. What a wonderful day! Sorry, I don't know the best place to watch from GF, but we had a good view of EWP right from Narcoossee's.

Saturday: day at Blizzard Beach - before Blizzard Beach breakfast at Kona Cafe; Dinner at Cape May Cafe (6:00 PM res). After dinner; walk over to Jelly Rolls for evening entertainment. Love Kona and BB! Why Cape May? I would personally swap Cape May for Yachtsman (especially if you switch out LeCelier for something else) unless you are really into Cape May for a specific reason. You can take a little time before Jelly Rolls to stroll along the BW and that eliminates your need to go here your first night.

Sunday: day at Animal Kingdom - probably 11:30 light lunch at Yak & Yetti Counter Service. I am surprising my wife to be with our last dinner at Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table . After dinner, walk around Grand Floridian. Never tried Y&Y counter. That is a wonderful surprise!!

Monday: morning and early afternoon at Epcot - lunch at Teppan Edo (our last meal in Disney World ). I agree about the

Do you suggest : for Wednesday evening dinner at Be our Guest or Spirit of Aloha Show? Should we watch Wishes twice from both Polynesian Beach (Wednesday evening) and from Narcoossee's (Friday evening)? If not worth watching twice, which would you recommend? On Sunday at Animal Kingdom, would you recommend yak & Yetti Quick Service for a light but tasty lunch? If not, where would you recommend a good light lunch art Animal Kingdom? Any other suggestions to make this honeymoon most romantic and unforgettable (just not going to do fireworks cruise)?
Wishes is worth watching twice...6 times, for sure! The best viewing spot is on Main Street as close to the castle as possible, preferably at the hub. Seeing it from outside the park is nice too, especially from the Poly beach, because the castle is in the center of the view from there.

We like Flame Tree BBQ at AK for lunch. If you share a platter, it shouldn't be too filling, though I wouldn't exactly call it "light." Though we have never eaten at Pizzafari, I believe they have some salads and lighter sandwiches.

Honestly, this is your trip, so make it what YOU want it to be! Recognize that you won't be able to do everything this one visit, and make a list of your top priorities for NEXT time! No matter what, this is your honeymoon, and it will definitely be romantic and perfect, whether you change anything, or not.

ENJOY! And please report back!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #18
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

For day 1 we are going to be arriving in the morning. If time becomes a crunch or we realize it is too much we would nix the plans for Rainforest Cafe and Animal Kingdom. We were only going to ride Kali River Rapids and Expedition Everest on Monday at AK. Do you think this would still be too much? We will keep Sanaa as I like the menu choices and want to be able to view the animals while eating. We would only be at Animal Kingdom for 2 hours on Monday and 5 1/2 hours on Sunday.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #19
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the really informative post iloveeeyore. We are doing Cape May Cafe Clam Bake because we love seafood and my fiance loves clams and mussels. Since I want to get a table at Jelly rolls I was going to get there between 7:30 and 8 PM. With a 6 PM dinner ADR was not sure we would have enough time after dinner on Saturday Night to stroll the shops before going to Jellyrolls. Also, figured on Tuesday night, since our Carriage Ride is reserved for 9 PM we would then take the boat to DD. With the shop at DD only open until 11, I do not think we will have time to explore the shops on Tuesday Night. That is why we were just going to ride Characters in Flight on Tuesday Night, and do Boardwalk and DD Monday evening. I know it is a lot but wanted to "rush early in the vacation and be more relaxed on the later days." What are all your thoughts with my updated reasoning? Still want your opinions please
Old 01-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #20
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

iloveeeyore if I was going to swap out something for Yachtmans it would be Le Cellier. My wife loves Filet Mignon; and I love New York Strip. With that being said is it still a good idea to pick Yachtsmans over Le Cellier? Also, how long does it take from World Showcase to get to Yachtmans?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #21
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For day 1 we are going to be arriving in the morning. If time becomes a crunch or we realize it is too much we would nix the plans for Rainforest Cafe and Animal Kingdom. We were only going to ride Kali River Rapids and Expedition Everest on Monday at AK. Do you think this would still be too much? We will keep Sanaa as I like the menu choices and want to be able to view the animals while eating. We would only be at Animal Kingdom for 2 hours on Monday and 5 1/2 hours on Sunday.
I agree that Sanaa is wonderful and I think it's a fabulous choice! I guess you could see how you are for time and decide what to do about lunch on that day. I am a bit Bah-humbug about RFC as I don't enjoy the food at all, but the atmosphere is pretty cool.

Quote:
Thanks for the really informative post iloveeeyore. We are doing Cape May Cafe Clam Bake because we love seafood and my fiance loves clams and mussels. Since I want to get a table at Jelly rolls I was going to get there between 7:30 and 8 PM. With a 6 PM dinner ADR was not sure we would have enough time after dinner on Saturday Night to stroll the shops before going to Jellyrolls. Also, figured on Tuesday night, since our Carriage Ride is reserved for 9 PM we would then take the boat to DD. With the shop at DD only open until 11, I do not think we will have time to explore the shops on Tuesday Night. That is why we were just going to ride Characters in Flight on Tuesday Night, and do Boardwalk and DD Monday evening. I know it is a lot but wanted to "rush early in the vacation and be more relaxed on the later days." What are all your thoughts with my updated reasoning? Still want your opinions please
Your reasoning makes perfect sense, but I still would pick one or the other, Boardwalk or DTD, for your arrival night. Will you have your own car? I have honestly found bus transportation to DTD to be pretty awful many times; sometimes between waiting for the bus and travel time it can take more than an hour just to get there from any resort. Remember that traveling between places takes time. If the shops at DTD close at 11, I honestly don't see how you could go from dinner at AKL (you might finish at 6:30? 7?) to Boardwalk...spend time at boardwalk...travel to DTD using Disney transportation...and still have time to enjoy DTD? But hey, if you're up for it, go for it! Another idea is skip Boatwrights after your carriage ride go straight to DTD and that will give you more time there. You can get a nice QS meal there at WPE which is AWESOME and dessert at Ghirardelli!

IDK, again, this is only my opinion, I have a discussion about DTD with my family every time we go to WDW. I would be happy just to skip the whole scene, to me it's just not that exciting or worth the time, except for Ghirardelli's, now that Adventurer's Club is gone. Taking two trips to DTD in one vacation would cause me to break out in hives, I'm sure of it. I love the idea of characters in flight though. Now if DH wants to get me there next trip...perhaps I can be bribed .

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Old 01-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #22
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the quick reply
Old 01-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #23
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
iloveeeyore if I was going to swap out something for Yachtmans it would be Le Cellier. My wife loves Filet Mignon; and I love New York Strip. With that being said is it still a good idea to pick Yachtsmans over Le Cellier? Also, how long does it take from World Showcase to get to Yachtmans?
We dined at both LC and YSH last summer and for us, the far better overall experience was YSH. Now to be fair, we went to LC for lunch, which at the time was not a "signature" experience. I understand that the dinner menu is more upscale and the food is better to match the higher prices. I can say that I had an excellent filet there for lunch...but it didn't come close to YSH. We also really like the atmosphere much MUCH more at YSH, where you are not sitting on top of your neighbor and it doesn't feel like a cellar.

Getting to YSH is very easy from Epcot! Walk out the back entrance "International Gateway" between France and UK and follow the path and signs to BC/YC...it is about a 5-7 minute walk. Go into the lobby and ask where to find the restaurant. If your feet are tired, you can also catch a boat from International Gateway, but that probably takes longer.

Do you have plans to watch IllumiNations? Try to catch it at least one of the nights. You won't be able to see it on your Jellyrolls night if you want to be there by 8, which was why I was thinking it would be easier to swap Cape May for Yachtsman, if you get my drift. You would need to see IllumiNations on the night you stay in the park, which is your LC night.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #24
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Yes, we are going to watch Illuminations Thursday Night at Epcot was thinking about watching it near the France Pavilion. Get drinks and cheese and watch Illuminations. Is that a good spot to watch it? If not where do you recommend watching Illuminations?

Last edited by disnmooner2013; 01-04-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #25
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, we are going to watch Illuminations Thursday Night at Epcot was thinking about watching it near the France Pavilion. Get drinks and cheese and watch Illuminations. Is that a good spot to watch it? If not where do you recommend watching Illuminations?
I don't remember ever watching from France. Our favorite spot has become Canada, which would work if you are short on time when you finish dinner. But if you want cheese and a drink, France would be the place to go. Just make sure you can see the sky without trees blocking your view, and make sure you can see the center of the lagoon (where the earth ends) up without any obstructions.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #26
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

One more question about Le Cellier. I made our dinner reservations for 4:45 PM figuring there would not be many people eating dinner at that time so maybe would net be so crowded and not have people at table next to us. Your thoughts? iloveeeyore thanks for taking the time to respond and giving great suggestions.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #27
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

What do you prefer Le Cellier, San Angel Inn, or Yahctsmans?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #28
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to wish you well on your upcoming marriage! Your Disneymoon sounds perfect and you have picked some fabulous restaurants - Sanaa gets my vote and I have heard great things about San Angel Inn We had our Disneymoon in May 2011 and came back with the most wonderful pixie dust - our DS who was born 9 months later

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #29
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

WillsMom we are hoping to have a baby around nine months to a year after being on the honeymoon. What special and romantic things and restaurants did you do and go to on your honeymoon?
Old 01-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #30
Zooey1972
Earning My Ears

Quote:
My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Disney World June. Listed below is our day by day itinerary. Please let me know of your thoughts; and any ideas to make trip even more unforgettable and romantic. The only thing that is out is a fire works cruise.

Monday: check in to Wilderness Lodge, then short afternoon at Animal Kingdom (2.5 hours) - Rain Forest Cafe lunch (1:30 PM lunch res); Sanaa dinner (5:00 PM dinner res - hopeful to get window table to view animals). After dinner; shopping at Boardwalk then shopping at Downtown Disney.

Tuesday: day at Hollywood Studios - breakfast at Roaring Forks; lunch at Mama Melroses; Boatwright's dinner (7:45 PM dinner res); after dinner Carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside (9:00 PM). Then take boat to Downtown Disney for Characters in Flight hot air balloon ride.

Wednesday: day at Magic Kingdom - breakfast at Crystal Palace; lunch at Columbia Harbour House: dinner at either Be our Guest (5:00 PM res.) or Spirit of Aloha Show (8:00 PM show) then probably watch Wishes from hammock or swing at Polynesian Beach.

Thursday: day at Epcot - lunch at Via Napoli; dinner at Le Cellier (4:45 PM res). Watch Illuminations from World Showcase.

Friday: Wilderness Lodge resort day - breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe. Rent Surrey bikes; then pontoon boat in the morning. In the afternoon lunch at Roaring Fork, massages at Sturdy Branches, and swim at pool. Dinner at Narcoossee's (7:55 PM res) watch Electrical Water Pageant and Wishes from either the restaurant or the Grand Floridian Marina.

Saturday: day at Blizzard Beach - before Blizzard Beach breakfast at Kona Cafe; Dinner at Cape May Cafe (6:00 PM res). After dinner; walk over to Jelly Rolls for evening entertainment.

Sunday: day at Animal Kingdom (5.5 hours) - probably 11:30 light lunch at Yak & Yetti Counter Service. I am surprising my wife to be with our last dinner at Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table . After dinner, walk around Grand Floridian.

Monday: morning and early afternoon at Epcot - lunch at Teppan Edo (our last meal in Disney World ).

Do you suggest : for Wednesday evening dinner at Be our Guest or Spirit of Aloha Show? Should we watch Wishes twice from both Polynesian Beach (Wednesday evening) and from Narcoossee's (Friday evening)? If not worth watching twice, which would you recommend? On Sunday at Animal Kingdom, would you recommend yak & Yetti Quick Service for a light but tasty lunch? If not, where would you recommend a good light lunch art Animal Kingdom? Any other suggestions to make this honeymoon most romantic and unforgettable (just not going to do fireworks cruise)?
Guessing money is not a huge obstacle for you if you are going to be eating at the Chef's table. That being said there are a lot of nice boats you can take out to watch illuminations. Don't know the specifics because I am sure it is out of my price range.
Zooey1972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: