Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 06:10 AM   #1
Disneylover03
Earning My Ears

Smile Booked Bonnet Creek!

Well, I couldn't justify an extra $400 to stay onsite @ POR with only 1 bathroom and a small room, so we've booked WBC for 9 nights May 18-27th!
We've never stayed at WBC but from what I've read here on the DIS I am confident that it will be a great stay plus so much more room!
I've heard that Tower 6 is the best, any other suggestions for staying here?
Thanks all!

Me DH DS :
May 2003 CBR
Oct 2006 POP
May 2007 POP
May 2008 POP
Oct 2008 WL
May 2013 WBC
Sep/Oct 2014 AS Movies
Disneylover03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
DabsandTroy
Princess of DVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover03 View Post
I've heard that Tower 6 is the best, any other suggestions for staying here?
We had the good fortune to be invited to stay there with friends back in September. We were in a 2 bedroom presidential in tower 6 and it was amazing!

Thoughts from our stay:
1. Skip the all you can eat breakfast they advertise. You can get a better meal elsewhere unless you are traveling with starving teenage boys who can put away a ton of food.
2. Take a day or 1/2 a day and reserve a cabana at the pool. They have beautiful pools and you can jump around to all of them. Having the cabana gives you a 'home base' as well as a private mini-fridge.
3. They offered us some 'specials' for taking the tour, but we didn't take time out for that. I don't remember exactly what they offered.
4. We did not use the bus transportation. So, I cannot comment on that.
5. We did stock the fridge with snacks/soda/water to ensure we weren't running out 'to grab something' later. These came in handy on our pool day.

What ever you decide to do, you'll have a fabulous time!! Enjoy!!
DabsandTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

I'll be there May 10th-20th in a one bedroom, I'm getting through Vacation Strategies. Like you, I just couldn't see paying Disney prices for a single room and a bath. I went through Vacation Strategies and my one bedroom at BC is cheaper than even a Value would be through WDW (even with the new discount Disney is offering). I planned on getting a rental car regardless and have an AP, so get free parking at the parks anyway. Up until this past Oct/Nov when we stayed a week at Westgate Towne Center, we've always stayed onsite, but don't think we will anymore. WDW prices just aren't worth it anymore. I'm really looking forward to Bonnet Creek in May. I'm thinking about requesting either the Main Building or Tower 5 or 4 overlooking one of the lazy rivers. I'm not that interested in a fireworks view. I just don't want a parking lot view. I'd rather be facing the lake and would like to be close to a lazy river.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
dsanner106
DIS Veteran

Hi, you will love bonnet creek, tower 6 is all presidential suites, tower 5 is the lazy river an zero entry pool. We also like building 3 though. It has a small private pool with the italian/pizza restaurant alongside, mini golf, and on the other side is the new hotel building with it's own pool and restaurant you can use. Stock the fridge with drinks and enjoy

72 offsite
'74 offsite, '01 Old Key West,'02 Wyndham
'03 timeshare,'04 Pop Century '04 Coronado Springs
'05 Offsite
'06 All Star Sports 06 CoronadoSprings '07 Bonnett Creek 07 All Star Music '08 Pop Century '08 Boardwalk Villas '09 Beachclub Villas '09 Animal Kdom kidani village'10 Saratoga Sp, '11 Bay Lake Towers,' 12' Boardwalk, '12 AK Kidani
dsanner106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #5
Disneylover03
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the feedback!
We are very excited about going and it looks like a lovely place.
One more question, if we happen to have a visitor would that be a problem to get through the gate?

Me DH DS :
May 2003 CBR
Oct 2006 POP
May 2007 POP
May 2008 POP
Oct 2008 WL
May 2013 WBC
Sep/Oct 2014 AS Movies
Disneylover03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #6
SondraC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanner106 View Post
Hi, you will love bonnet creek, tower 6 is all presidential suites, tower 5 is the lazy river an zero entry pool. We also like building 3 though. It has a small private pool with the italian/pizza restaurant alongside, mini golf, and on the other side is the new hotel building with it's own pool and restaurant you can use. Stock the fridge with drinks and enjoy
Are you sure tower 6 is all presidential suites? We are here now in tower 6, this is our first stay here, but I don't think this is a presidential suite.

I would also add to unplug your phone, because they do call a couple times a day to try and get you to come to the timeshare talk. I will admit I was tempted with our offer gift, but we didn't go.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #7
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SondraC View Post
Are you sure tower 6 is all presidential suites? We are here now in tower 6, this is our first stay here, but I don't think this is a presidential suite.

I would also add to unplug your phone, because they do call a couple times a day to try and get you to come to the timeshare talk. I will admit I was tempted with our offer gift, but we didn't go.
We will be there in less than a month. What is the current offer for hanging out for their presentation? More curious than anything....I highly doubt 5 kids would make it through one of those 2 hour things

ETA: Anyone have an opinion on Tower 4??
Old 01-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
SondraC
DIS Veteran

They offered us a $125 Amex gift card.
SondraC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SondraC
They offered us a $125 Amex gift card.
Not worth my sanity LOL
We did go to a timeshare presentation when we only had the 2 kids (2004) - the "freebie" was 2 tickets to Disney!!! Now that was an offer
Old 01-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #10
Familytradition
Earning My Ears

We were in Tower 4 last year and loved it. I don't really think you can go wrong with any of the towers to be honest. We are going for our 4th time back to Bonnet Creek this year from May 4-May 18 and we can't wait. Between the activities for the kids, and all the different pools we have a hard time squeezing in a couple of days to visit the mouse
Familytradition is offline   Reply With Quote