Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #2071
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Personally I'd suggest just booking Preferred and requesting upper floor, non parking-lot view. No need to over-complicate things, and that way you'll give them the best chance of trying to match what you actually want, rather than trying to match a building number too.

Andre
Thank you and thanks Venom for your PM. very helpful
Old 01-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #2072
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
Thank you and thanks Venom for your PM. very helpful
No problem reading your first one back to me now.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #2073
boocake
Earning My Ears

We check in on Saturday (tomorrow!!!!) -- but we'll probably arrive at the resort around 11:30. I am hoping and praying that our room is ready by then -- I am trying to "up" our chances of that by NOT making any special room requests. (We are booked in a RR - Standard). Is this a good plan?

Old 01-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #2074
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boocake View Post
We check in on Saturday (tomorrow!!!!) -- but we'll probably arrive at the resort around 11:30. I am hoping and praying that our room is ready by then -- I am trying to "up" our chances of that by NOT making any special room requests. (We are booked in a RR - Standard). Is this a good plan?

It might. We have only had to wait for a room once and we usually get to the resort by noon. The one time we had to wait we had a request.

I don't mind the wait, they gave us room keys and said they would call. We had our bathing suits in our carry on and hung by the pools until they called us. We got a call around 1:30pm but hwere having fun at the pool and didn't get to the room until 3pm. Our bags from ME were already in the room.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #2075
charsav
Earning My Ears

We are leaving in 3 weeks. We are a 2 family party of 8 (4 adults and 4 kids 7 and under) travelling together. We booked Royal Guest Rooms and requested adjoining rooms. Any special requests I should make as to location? We only paid for standard view and want to be easily accessible to the main building, Old Man Island and the buses.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #2076
trewin
Mouseketeer

Anybody ever use a pack n' play / portable crib @ POR?!

I was wondering what kind they have and what type of condition they are in.

I stayed at Pop Century a few years ago and the pack n play was absolutely disgusting - stains all over it (and I'm not normally a complainer). Of course I'm a little worried about it this time around!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #2077
cherylsmike
Mouseketeer

I posted some photos on the POR photo thread from my December 2011 trip. Better late than never.

I made a reservation for my favorite moderate, POR, for April 14-21. I can't wait to experience this resort as just a couple. It's so romantic We booked a king size bed because it standard wasn't available and king was only $89 more than garden. I requested non-accessible room (I had one on our December trip - I want the split bathroom), riverview (can't hurt to try), upper floor. I may change the upper floor to Magnolia Bend as I don't think I like the AB King bed rooms much.
March 2004 Disneyland Hotel, March 2006 Port Orlean's Riverside, February 2008 POP Century, May/June 2009 Port Orlean's French Quarter, August 2010 Wilderness Lodge, February 2011 POP/Coronado Springs, December 2011 Port Orlean's Riverside, April 2013 Port Orlean's Riverside, June 2014 Port Orlean's Riverside

Last edited by cherylsmike; 01-04-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #2078
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylsmike View Post
I posted some photos on the POR photo thread from my December 2011 trip. Better late than never.

I made a reservation for my favorite moderate, POR, for April 14-21. I can't wait to experience this resort as just a couple. It's so romantic We booked a king size bed because it standard wasn't available and king was only $89 more than garden. I requested non-accessible room (I had one on our December trip - I want the split bathroom), riverview (can't hurt to try), upper floor. I may change the upper floor to Magnolia Bend as I don't think I like the AB King bed rooms much.
I just looked at your photos. Really think we're going to book POR for our next trip...hopefully November.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 01-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #2079
tcherjen
DIS Veteran

I think this is where we are going to stay. The only thing that disappoints me is having to stay in AB instead of a RR. I think my 6 year old would of loved that. I don't really like the theme too well in AB, at least from the pictures I have seen. I have read there is a coffee pot in the room. Is it a single cupper or does it brew more cups?

medhdd7ds16 dd19

http://www.pinterest.com/tcherjen/
Old 01-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #2080
myjourney
DIS Veteran

River view connecting

Hopefully Venomhatch can answer this. We have reservations for 2 River view rooms in AB and requested connecting. Do they even have connecting river view in the AB? Also last time we stayed in the Mansions on the top floor and loved the view, because we have five people I know we will be in AB, are the views just as nice. Should I asked for top floor or is there no difference in the view?

Oct 2014 Fort Wilderness 14 nights
Oct 2013 Fort Wilderness 9 nights
May 2013 4 nights AKL, 5 nights at POR (love Yeeha Bob!)
May 2012 5 nights AKL, 3 nights BCV, and 4 nights SSR TH
March 2011 SSR and POR
October 2010 CSR
May 2010 Kidani Village and Saratoga Spring Resort
Oct 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
Nov 2008 Saratoga Springs Resort
June 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 01-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #2081
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by charsav View Post
We are leaving in 3 weeks. We are a 2 family party of 8 (4 adults and 4 kids 7 and under) travelling together. We booked Royal Guest Rooms and requested adjoining rooms. Any special requests I should make as to location? We only paid for standard view and want to be easily accessible to the main building, Old Man Island and the buses.
I would put Oak Building into the requests it is a little closer to Old man Island. I don't know what view or type room you have so cant make too much of a suggestion. But That is my favorite building.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #2082
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjourney View Post
Hopefully Venomhatch can answer this. We have reservations for 2 River view rooms in AB and requested connecting. Do they even have connecting river view in the AB? Also last time we stayed in the Mansions on the top floor and loved the view, because we have five people I know we will be in AB, are the views just as nice. Should I asked for top floor or is there no difference in the view?
Replying back to you...
Old 01-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #2083
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjourney View Post
We have reservations for 2 River view rooms in AB and requested connecting. Do they even have connecting river view in the AB?
Yup, no problems.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #2084
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoMar View Post
If I remember correctly, there was a option to have fan on continually. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
You are correct.
Is it intuitive that you can keep the fan on (Royal Room, BTW), or is it something like at CSR where you have to hold some buttons at the same time, etc. to override the thermostat? We like it cool when we sleep. Should I just buy a balloon to keep the motion detector going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
While on the subject of coffee...

I know that the rooms have those Cuisinart pod machines now. For anyone who's been there since the change, how does the coffee Disney provides taste? I'm wondering if I need to go buy some pods for us to bring, or if the pods they're putting in the rooms are decent.

Thanks!
Wow! Last time I was at Disney (a couple of years ago), there weren't any coffee makers in the rooms! I'm so excited because it's a short trip so I didn't want to buy a refillable mug, and being able to have a cup of coffee while getting ready in the morning anyway is great!

Old 01-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #2085
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
Is it intuitive that you can keep the fan on (Royal Room, BTW), or is it something like at CSR where you have to hold some buttons at the same time, etc. to override the thermostat? We like it cool when we sleep. Should I just buy a balloon to keep the motion detector going?
No the fan will remain running. If you want the AC to keep going you may want to use the balloon idea.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: