Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #15
degansha
Earning My Ears

Great question and nice timing. I came to the forums this morning looking for feedback to the same question. We are heading to Disney for Christmas 2013 and will have 3 adults and 2 kids (ages 9 and 3) and were weighing our options between these exact two resorts. Past trips we have stayed at the Swan, Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, and the Contemporary and thoroughly enjoyed them all.

During our Swan trip (family Christmas of 13 people), a few people mentioned early in the trip the hotel not having that Disney feel to it. But by the end of the trip, that thought was long gone from their heads as they couldn't stop raving about what a fantastic trip it was, and how easy it was to get to everything so quickly. It was all about location as we are park-hopper fiends.

Anyway, this thread helped me remember why we enjoyed the Swan so much. Location, location, location!

So, I booked the Dolphin today (would have done the Swan but they only accommodate 4 people). Good luck with your decision! I don't think you'll be disappointed with either. If you want that Disney feel 24/7 while being ok with slightly longer travel to the parks, do PORS. If you want to jump in and out of the parks at will, walk to Epcot, or need a quicky at Beaches and Cream, do Swan.

Oh, and if you happen to be a AAA member and decide to book the Swan, definitely check on it. I was able to get an incredible deal at $125 a night cheaper than Swan's standard rate and $100 a night cheaper than PORS. Saves me $800 that I can now blow in the parks
degansha is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: