Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #31
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Ok, I have the new sheets from my NYE visit. Hope to scan and upload today or tomorrow!
ArchOwl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #32
PoohBearFriends
DIS Veteran

Yeah! Perfect timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post
Ok, I have the new sheets from my NYE visit. Hope to scan and upload today or tomorrow!
That would be great to have an up to date list. I would love to be able to plan ahead. If I can give my DD11 choices it will make the trip so much easier.

She is much better knowing where and what choices are available. Even as a small kid she couldn't make a decision on what to eat if she was over hungry or tired.

I can imagine it gets hard to have such limited choices.

ME 44 : DF 44: DD 15 DD 13
DLR 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010; 2011 & 2013 DLH; 2015 PP
WDW 1974, 1980, 1985 (Mom won a trip), 1995, 1999: 2009 and 2014 POR
PoohBearFriends is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #33
ashley0139
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the thread! I have eaten GF at WDW many times and know my options there, but will be venturing to DL for the first time the beginning of next month. It's great to be able to look at my options ahead of time and get an idea of what I will want.

Pre-Trip Report 2009: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2293006

Pop Century October 19-26, 2011

Pre-Trip Report 2011: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2796928
Trip Report 2011:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2867080
ashley0139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #34
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Ok, sorry that took awhile. New scans up!
Old 01-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #35
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Thank you posting the new info!! Very, very helpful!!

I think we will try Minnie's breakfast this trip as we have never been there before. We alway go to Rancho multiple times and my favorites (enchiladas) are still okay as they are GF!

Interesting that the frozen chocolate covered banana isn't listed as GF. Wonder if that is due to being made in a wheat processing factory?

The ABSOLUTE hardest thing to miss out on will be Churros. Those are my all time favorite Disneyland treat!!
Disneyland: Nov '14-Hojo's... June '13-Hojo's.....May '12-BWPPI...May ’09-Hojo’s…Oct ‘07–Grand Californian…Nov ‘06–Paradise Pier...June ’04–Disneyland Hotel...June ‘96-Anaheim Hilton…July ‘95-Carousel Inn…Aug ’92–Carousel Inn…July ’90-Embassy Suites…July ’89-Anaheim Hilton…May ’88-Penny Sleeper…May ’87-Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #36
coaches24
DIS Veteran

We ate at BTRBBQ last week and shared a table with a family that one or two members had a gluten allergy and asked the server about gluten free options. The chef came out to the table to explain what was and wasn't gluten free and what accommodations they can make. I don't remember the specific but it seemed there was quite a bit the family could eat gluten free and they seemed very pleased with their options.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #37
mom2girls1974
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting this -my dd has Celiac but also a anaphliactic (sorry sp?) dairy allergy -so we will be doing only sit down resturants to be safe on our trip (yoikes!) . I would love to hear where the best kids meals are on a GF/DF diet, we are happy to do character meals, to a point -we are going to 5 days, but not every meal -that will be alot of our time, but maybe 3 times. We are spending a fourtune on food anyway, may as well see some characters out of it! Thanks -oh and anyplace to get a great almond milk Latte' in the park? Thanks.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #38
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2girls1974 View Post
Thanks for posting this -my dd has Celiac but also a anaphliactic (sorry sp?) dairy allergy -so we will be doing only sit down resturants to be safe on our trip (yoikes!) . I would love to hear where the best kids meals are on a GF/DF diet, we are happy to do character meals, to a point -we are going to 5 days, but not every meal -that will be alot of our time, but maybe 3 times. We are spending a fourtune on food anyway, may as well see some characters out of it! Thanks -oh and anyplace to get a great almond milk Latte' in the park? Thanks.
In your case, I would definitely make use of the Special Diets email I have in the very first post in the thread. They will be able to work out the best places for your daughter to eat.

That said, my sister's favorite sit down spots are all character meals.
Her favorites are Ariel's for the princesses, Minnie and Friends breakfast, and Storyteller's. All three have worked with her allergy beautifully and she had more than enough food and choices.

Disneyland is a little behind the times when it comes to alternate milk. They do have some soy milk, but only at the Jolly Holiday in DL, the Starbucks in DCA, and each of the DLR hotel espresso stand/bar. I haven't seen any place with almond milk, but I haven't asked at the Haagen Dazs in Downtown Disney, which serves Peet's.

I hope you contact Disney and that they are able to help you out further. Have fun!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #39
mom2girls1974
Mouseketeer

I will definatly be taking advantage of the allergy line -I so wish I could take my oldest (she has Autism) on planes -we would be going to WDW instead, but she will not-so we drive everywhere and it is already a LONG drive from were we are in Canada to DL LOL. My Hubby does think of driving every so often to WDW! They would be able to feed us so much better I hear.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #40
mom2girls1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am glad this thread is helpful! It is my understanding that the Mickey bars are GF. They are on the GF list in the first post and my sister has eaten them without incident. However, I do see on the list that they are made in a facility that processes wheat. My sister is fine with that kind of exposure, but I know some are not. So I suppose it depends on what your son can handle.

If the bars are made in a plant that processes wheat it means that they are "low gluten" and not safe for Celiacs -but can be eaten by people just avoiding gluten for other reasons (this from my dd's Pediatric Celiac Nutritionist). Even without stomach complaint from a Celiac it is still causing damage -OK off my soap box now
Old 02-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #41
DisneyOz
Earning My Ears

Great stuff on here everyone! I was just coming in to browse for a thread like this!

I am Coeliac and visiting for the first time in September. So will have to keep checking on things here until then. Great to know that there are loads of options. Even in Australia it can sometimes be really hard, I find it so helpful when the waiters/chefs actually 'get it' about the no gluten thing!

Thanks for keeping people like me informed!
DisneyOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #42
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...

I don't see Ghirardelli's on the list. Has anyone eaten there? My husband is GF, but I know he was really hoping for a sundae from there if possible...

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip)) Quick one-day DL only trip with my 9 month-old and friends - 9/11/14!!
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #43
ashley0139
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2girls1974 View Post
If the bars are made in a plant that processes wheat it means that they are "low gluten" and not safe for Celiacs -but can be eaten by people just avoiding gluten for other reasons (this from my dd's Pediatric Celiac Nutritionist). Even without stomach complaint from a Celiac it is still causing damage -OK off my soap box now
Except that something having gluten in it and being safe has nothing to do with the plant and everything to do with the parts per million. Something can EASILY be made in a plant that processes wheat but be gluten free.

Then again, I like to live so that I actually enjoy life and not hate my life every time I have to eat out of the house so...

Pre-Trip Report 2009: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2293006

Pop Century October 19-26, 2011

Pre-Trip Report 2011: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2796928
Trip Report 2011:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2867080
ashley0139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #44
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina
I don't see Ghirardelli's on the list. Has anyone eaten there? My husband is GF, but I know he was really hoping for a sundae from there if possible...
I am not sure why there is no Ghiradelli's on the list, maybe because they are operated by Ghiradelli and not Disney? Not sure, but in any case, I believe the ice cream and some of the toppings are GF. However, there are some toppings (such as cheesecake bits) that have gluten. Most things should be okay and it is my understanding that Ghiradelli chocolate is GF. Of course, I would ask before ordering.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #45
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...

Quote:
I am not sure why there is no Ghiradelli's on the list, maybe because they are operated by Ghiradelli and not Disney? Not sure, but in any case, I believe the ice cream and some of the toppings are GF. However, there are some toppings (such as cheesecake bits) that have gluten. Most things should be okay and it is my understanding that Ghiradelli chocolate is GF. Of course, I would ask before ordering.
Thank you! I was just afraid that since they weren't on the list that they didn't say that any of their stuff was necessarily GF! He's not diagnosed-celiac and can take chances with cross contamination, but he prefers not to if possible, because his body does NOT like gluten. (We've discovered in the past year) But his body DOES like ice cream and really good chocolate... (And he doesn't have any trouble staying thin (unlike his wife), so why not??)

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip)) Quick one-day DL only trip with my 9 month-old and friends - 9/11/14!!
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: