Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 01:43 AM   #1
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Location: Los Alamitos (Rossmoor), but most of the time we are at Disneyland.

Halloween Cruise

Anyone ever been on a DCL cruise during Halloween, I have been on a cruise around Halloween but never ok Halloween...what if anything special does DCL do?
LimoFam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:13 AM   #2
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

I'm interested as well. We are booked on the magic over Halloween this year!

May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney WonderApril 19, 2015 Western Caribbean Cruise
hamm1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #3
gilsan
DIS Veteran

We were on the Fantasy for Halloween. DCL doesn't do much for Halloween, so if you are looking for a great halloween experience you will probably be disappointed.

I did post the navigator for that day in this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3035397

It will give you a good idea of what to expect.

2009 POFQ, 2010 Grand Floridian, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2012 BC/Dream Cruise/Poly, 2012 Halloween Fantasy Cruise, 2013 AKV, 2014 SSR/Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise2015 Eastbound Transatlantic Mmmm....Cake, 9 nights of Deluxe Dining w/Pictures
gilsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Location: Los Alamitos (Rossmoor), but most of the time we are at Disneyland.

When we went on a cruise around Halloween they had trick or treat stations set up one night on the cruise... Did the fantasy at least do that?
LimoFam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimoFam5
When we went on a cruise around Halloween they had trick or treat stations set up one night on the cruise... Did the fantasy at least do that?
The Dream did not this year. We had to switch the CC day/sea day because of Sandy, though. So whereas Halloween should have fallen on a sea day, it was the CC day instead. That may have put a damper on their plans. There were CMs wandering around the Halloween party (up on the pool deck) dumping handfuls of candy into kids' bags, but no trick-or-treating. In fact, just yesterday my 8yo was lamenting the fact that her candy bag wasn't "filled to overflowing" (her words!) as usual when we are home. It's a long story involving it being a surprise cruise, but we will never do another Halloween cruise again. It just wasn't special enough for my kids. As in, they would rather have had the one big Halloween day at home than 4 on the ship. I think that's totally crazy, but Halloween is important to an 8yo and a 5yo I guess. Gotta have priorities!
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
gilsan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahber View Post
The Dream did not this year. We had to switch the CC day/sea day because of Sandy, though. So whereas Halloween should have fallen on a sea day, it was the CC day instead. That may have put a damper on their plans. There were CMs wandering around the Halloween party (up on the pool deck) dumping handfuls of candy into kids' bags, but no trick-or-treating. In fact, just yesterday my 8yo was lamenting the fact that her candy bag wasn't "filled to overflowing" (her words!) as usual when we are home. It's a long story involving it being a surprise cruise, but we will never do another Halloween cruise again. It just wasn't special enough for my kids. As in, they would rather have had the one big Halloween day at home than 4 on the ship. I think that's totally crazy, but Halloween is important to an 8yo and a 5yo I guess. Gotta have priorities!
I agree, we would never do a Halloween cruise again either, we had a great cruise but at that age my daughter is 7, trick or treating is more important and no trick or treat stations on the Fantasy. Our Halloween day was the 30th and we were in Costa Maya for the day. Our cruise was also affected by Sandy we lost a port, Grand Cayman, and gained a sea day.

2009 POFQ, 2010 Grand Floridian, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2012 BC/Dream Cruise/Poly, 2012 Halloween Fantasy Cruise, 2013 AKV, 2014 SSR/Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise2015 Eastbound Transatlantic Mmmm....Cake, 9 nights of Deluxe Dining w/Pictures
gilsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
bitlerzx4
DIS Veteran

we are booked on the fantasy for this Halloween, and I am thinking I am liking the "not a lot of candy" idea!

March 2001(just us) October 2008 (as a family of 4) December 2011 Dream/WDW October 2013 Fantasy Cruise

bitlerzx4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: