Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #2056
BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoMar View Post
If I remember correctly, there was a option to have fan on continually. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks!
June 2009~2 week WDW-Cocoa beach extravaganza!/Windsor Hills
October 2010~Our 1st WDW MNSSHP/Windsor Hills
June 2012~ 2 week WDW(YES program)-Universal-Seaworld-Cocoa beach/Windsor Hills
June/July 2014~last minute 20th anniversary/4th July trip!!!
October 2014~MNSSHP and onsite at CBR!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #2057
Srbright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Yes that is true.
I need to buy that man a drink then (although I am sure a donation will suffice.) We (meaning me) love that site. Between the pictures and the room info I've been taking up a considerable amount of his bandwidth.

Stacy
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #2058
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
So, if you book preferred you could get a river view room or are those only reserved for people who booked river view rooms?

I booked preferred and would love a river view in a preferred building but is that even possible? I just don't want a parking lot view so I guess the other view options in preferred are garden views?
Well river view even in preferred is still a slight charge more. But if you were to put it into your request then maybe you might get some magic sprinkled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
In fact, there are 16 rooms there which are officially classed as River View, 1409-1416 (ground) and 1441-1448 (upstairs).

Andre
Where I agree with you they are classified river view. I when visited as a guest and even now disagree with Disney Classifying them as RV. There is quite a bit of obstruction on the other rooms to see the river. The ones I listed are un-obstructed views.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #2059
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbright View Post
I need to buy that man a drink then (although I am sure a donation will suffice.) We (meaning me) love that site. Between the pictures and the room info I've been taking up a considerable amount of his bandwidth.
Many thanks for the compliments, I'm glad I could help. And don't worry there should be plenty of bandwidth left. A small donation via the link on the site homepage is always welcome to help offset the running costs though, thank you very much for offering.

Actually, out of interest I just checked the server stats, and for 2012 PortOrleans.org shows the following info (and this is excluding search engine bots, etc):

654,355 visits (with 2.21 visits per unique visitor)
4,996,184 pages served (average of 7.63 pages per Visit)
46,179,184 item 'hits' (average of 70.57 hits per visit)
5,479.24 GB data served (average of 8.78 MB per visit)

Wow, that's a lot of Port Orleans fans! The peak month was March (65,273 visits) which purely by coincidence was when the Royal Guest Rooms opened...

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #2060
iwannago2disney
Earning My Ears

Hello! I booked a royal room at POR, are there any specific room requests I should make?
Old 01-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #2061
iwannago2disney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannago2disney
Hello! I booked a royal room at POR, are there any specific room requests I should make?
I booked standard view, btw
Old 01-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #2062
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
In fact, there are 16 rooms there which are officially classed as River View, 1409-1416 (ground) and 1441-1448 (upstairs).

Booking a "Preferred Location" room category could give you a standard (i.e. parking lot) or a garden outlook in buildings 14, 15, 18 or 27. It would not normally give you a King Bed room, nor a water/river view, as even within buildings 14/15/18/27 those room types fall into the King/Water/River booking payment categories. Of course you might get upgraded to what is technically a different category.

Andre
Thanks for that clarification Andre.

I'm not really concerned with any obstacles hindering my view. In fact, at the mods we normallly keep the shades closed when we are in the room because of traffic walk by. I do enjoy the view when we are out on the walkway though!

We took the river view option for the new discount for location, because we have one ressie linked to ours (3 rooms) with a group of 5 so we know we're going to be in AB. Having the river view means we know we'll be in one of 3 buildings (14, 27, and 38). We like the location of all 3, and having a room facing the river makes getting to the pool and main building a breeze!

Old 01-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #2063
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoMar View Post
I even brought my Keurig coffee maker!
While on the subject of coffee...

I know that the rooms have those Cuisinart pod machines now. For anyone who's been there since the change, how does the coffee Disney provides taste? I'm wondering if I need to go buy some pods for us to bring, or if the pods they're putting in the rooms are decent.

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #2064
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannago2disney View Post
As I don't know you, that's hard to answer. Are there any specific things that you want?

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #2065
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Well river view even in preferred is still a slight charge more. But if you were to put it into your request then maybe you might get some magic sprinkled.

Where I agree with you they are classified river view. I when visited as a guest and even now disagree with Disney Classifying them as RV. There is quite a bit of obstruction on the other rooms to see the river. The ones I listed are un-obstructed views.
WOuld it be best if I booked a preferred room to then request a top level, non-parking lot view room close to everything? DO I really need to request a certain building or are all the preferred buildings in a good location? I don't think I want a pool view as it may be loud....we prefer somewhat quiet but I just don't want parking lot view......We are booked for April!!!!!My 7year old is going to love the water wheel!!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #2066
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
While on the subject of coffee...

I know that the rooms have those Cuisinart pod machines now. For anyone who's been there since the change, how does the coffee Disney provides taste? I'm wondering if I need to go buy some pods for us to bring, or if the pods they're putting in the rooms are decent.

Thanks!
To me they taste similar to Folger's Regular Coffee just repackaged. Its ok, but if you like the hazelnut flavored or caramel flavored then you may want to bring some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannago2disney View Post
I booked standard view, btw
Well this is often a argued point but, IMO Oak building is more beneficial for a Standard Room. Because you can go right out the way towards the parking lot and see a bus stop if you want to head strait to a park. Or you can go towards the river and take the foot bridge over to the main building and enjoy the gift shop, food court, Main Bus Depot, Boat Wrights, Etc...
Old 01-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #2067
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
WOuld it be best if I booked a preferred room to then request a top level, non-parking lot view room close to everything? DO I really need to request a certain building or are all the preferred buildings in a good location? I don't think I want a pool view as it may be loud....we prefer somewhat quiet but I just don't want parking lot view......We are booked for April!!!!!My 7year old is going to love the water wheel!!!!
PMed you...
Old 01-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #2068
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
WOuld it be best if I booked a preferred room to then request a top level, non-parking lot view room close to everything? DO I really need to request a certain building or are all the preferred buildings in a good location?
Personally I'd suggest just booking Preferred and requesting upper floor, non parking-lot view. No need to over-complicate things, and that way you'll give them the best chance of trying to match what you actually want, rather than trying to match a building number too.

Andre

Old 01-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #2069
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
To me they taste similar to Folger's Regular Coffee just repackaged. Its ok, but if you like the hazelnut flavored or caramel flavored then you may want to bring some.
Thanks, Venom. We might buy some Wolfgang Puck pods just in case. We aren't too into flavors, but we do like good coffee.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #2070
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
Thanks, Venom. We might buy some Wolfgang Puck pods just in case. We aren't too into flavors, but we do like good coffee.
Yes I have some of the wolfgang's now in my Keurig Caddy!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: