Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
eetravel
Earning My Ears

Pirates costumes at BBB

Didn't even think of BBB for my girls as we don't like how they make the girls up, but then saw what they do for Pirates night and thought that looked great. Unfortunately all the reservations are sold out. Any chance we can book once on board? Or, can we just buy the outfits on board? Thanks
eetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Others on this board have said that BBB holds some time slots open so that people can book onboard, but I can't confirm from personal experience. I'd head there right away to increase your chances of snagging an appointment. The gift shop on the Dream did carry some pirate costumes/accessories. We haven't been on the Fantasy yet, but I wonder whether there is a bigger selection since they have the BBB and do pirate makeovers. Maybe someone who has been on the ship can confirm.

I made an appointment for my DD for an Empress Makeover on Pirate Day, but we are taking our own costume. I ordered it online from one of the big costume sites (buycostumes.com, I think), and it was very reasonably priced since I bought it after Halloween.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
Kimosabe
DIS Veteran

We were on the Fantasy in December and were indeed able to get BBB "Pirate's League" appointments for niece and nephew after we got on the ship. We were silver CC and their family was cruising for the first time, so while we were able to get online booking appointments for our kids that afternoon, the same general timeframe was no longer available when they tried to get similar appointments 15 days later. However, DW and SIL went straight to BBB after boarding and easily got appointments for them.

We had our own costumes, but I noticed while we were in BBB that day that there were lots of costumes available for purchase (for boys and girls) if you wanted to get something onboard. There are also some costumes and accessories available in the main gift shops.

We, too, have moved on past the usual BBB makeover, but the pirate option was totally different and DD10 and DD8 (as well as niece and nephew - 10 and 5) had a lot of fun with it. Pretty sure it's also a little cheaper than the typical princess makeovers available on the other days.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: