Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 08:32 AM   #256
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee9878 View Post
Just did my daily entries, I have been entering for my boyfriend and he will probably end up winning. It takes a lot for him to get excited about something and even show it, I said he will win and be the least enthusiastic person they call. He would be like "oh ok, cool" meanwhile I would be screaming, jumping, crying, etc. LOL
When Ventura called me and she told me I won. I asked her 'what did I win, the extra day in the park?' Because it was the Leap Day open 24 hour promotion too. I thought I won an extra day in the parks. She has to have me taped on YouTube somewhere!

juliehoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #257
camsmama
"One More Disney Day" Sweepstakes winner 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehoey

When Ventura called me and she told me I won. I asked her 'what did I win, the extra day in the park?' Because it was the Leap Day open 24 hour promotion too. I thought I won an extra day in the parks. She has to have me taped on YouTube somewhere!
That's funny, Julie. When she told me that I won, I said "what did I win?". She said "there's only one prize" and my response was "can you tell me so that I can hear it again?"

WDW - Too many times to count since we live so close
DL - OMDD Trip Grand Californian - August 2012 (first time to DL & California)
camsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #258
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

I am kicking myself because I have been entering only once/day with DH's name (since I never win anything and thought maybe DH would be lucky) with our family e-mail...should have been using his e-mail and then entering myself with our family e-mail as well (for twice the chance to win). Oh well...maybe DH will be lucky.

Here's a question...what if we have the premium annual passes already and don't need the hoppers...can we trade the hoppers out for something else or can we save them to use after our PAPs expire or even give them to someone else? Anyone who won last year have APs when they won?

Last edited by lovin'fl; 01-04-2013 at 09:46 AM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #259
Okh
Mouseketeer

So here's a question: Say John Q has 20 e-mail addresses and has been entering each one everyday. One of John Q's entries is pulled and he is a winner. Do they cross check his entry to make sure he was playing by the rules?
“When you acknowledge, as you must, that there is no such thing as perfect food, only the idea of it, then the real purpose of striving toward perfection becomes clear: to make people happy, that is what cooking is all about.”
― Thomas Keller

Last edited by Okh; 01-04-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Okh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #260
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie

I understand that, but in the case of sweeps, the official rules are the final authority on the rules of said sweeps.

Read the end of #4- Limitations:
"Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified and any attempt by a person to use multiple email accounts to register more Entries than allowed by these Rules may result in disqualification at Administrator’s sole discretion."

for anyone who had read the official rules, it is clear that Disney means to come back each day and enter as there is no carry-over from day to day until day 31- the final prize.
Someone posted this from the limitations #4 off official rules website. My best guess is that if you use multiple emails then you have a chance of being disqualified. I wouldn't chance it. I think if you register you and spouse with diff emails would be fine. That's how I read it anyway.
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #261
Kassidysdad
Mouseketeer

And someone posted this on another thread we have going. This is what it says AFTER you enter:

Thank You. Come back each day through January 31st and enter because we'll be selecting one winner each day until January 31! One of them could be you! You are allowed one entry per day per e-mail address. The more times you enter, the better your chances of spending some magical Disney Time with the people you love most on a vacation you'll never forget. Start planning your vacation and exploring the newest Disney Parks fun by clicking on the offers and information below!

Seems conflicting to me as well as many others.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #262
leelee9878
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Omg that's hysterical, I would love to be the person to call winners. That has to be fun!
March 2009- Suprise Parents at Disney - SSR
December 2009- Crazy Family Trip #1 AKV Kidani
May 2010- Disney Magic, 11 Night Med Cruise
September 2010- Last Minute Birthday Surprise BWV & BLT
November 2010- Disney Wonder, 3 Night Bahamas Cruise
December 2010- Crazy Family Trip#2 BCV
November 2011- Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas Cruise & SSR
December 2011 - Last Min Trip - OKW
January 2012 - Hawaii - Aulani!!!
leelee9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #263
juliehoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee9878 View Post
Omg that's hysterical, I would love to be the person to call winners. That has to be fun!
One of the other winners was actually in Disneyland? I think, when they received the call. Correct me, OMDD people?

Old 01-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #264
juliehoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsmama View Post
That's funny, Julie. When she told me that I won, I said "what did I win?". She said "there's only one prize" and my response was "can you tell me so that I can hear it again?"
That's funny. We need to share our stories about our calls. I don't think we ever did? She must have thought we were all looney

Old 01-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #265
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassidysdad View Post
And someone posted this on another thread we have going. This is what it says AFTER you enter:

Thank You. Come back each day through January 31st and enter because we'll be selecting one winner each day until January 31! One of them could be you! You are allowed one entry per day per e-mail address. The more times you enter, the better your chances of spending some magical Disney Time with the people you love most on a vacation you'll never forget. Start planning your vacation and exploring the newest Disney Parks fun by clicking on the offers and information below!

Seems conflicting to me as well as many others.
It doesn't seem conflicting to me at all.

Entries do not carry over day to day, except on the final drawing day.

Therefore, if you only enter ONE day, you only have your name in TWICE to win.

If you enter EVERY day, you have your name entered 61 times, with 31 of those entries toward ONE drawing. (31 daily chances, plus 30 carry-over entries into the 31st drawing).

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #266
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Also, I find this quite interesting.

"Each Canadian resident who is a potential winner will be required to answer correctly a mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind whether mechanical or otherwise to be declared a winner and be eligible to collect a prize."

Google teaches you something new every day

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #267
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

IDK..... I totally take that to mean you can enter EACH of your email addys per day.... so if you have 5 email addresses, you can use all 5 of them each day. That's how it reads to me.
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #268
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
IDK..... I totally take that to mean you can enter EACH of your email addys per day.... so if you have 5 email addresses, you can use all 5 of them each day. That's how it reads to me.
You go ahead and do this....and if they disqualify you, maybe they will draw me as a replacement

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #269
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

lol, I only enter with 1 email a day. I'm not much for contests, I'm too lazy to enter all that stuff in over and over.
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #270
camsmama
"One More Disney Day" Sweepstakes winner 2012

Quote:

That's funny. We need to share our stories about our calls. I don't think we ever did? She must have thought we were all looney
Can you imagine being her? I would love to hear some of the responses from people. Yes, somebody was in DL when she called... I can't remember who, though! Now I'm gonna have to post in our group to find out!

WDW - Too many times to count since we live so close
DL - OMDD Trip Grand Californian - August 2012 (first time to DL & California)
camsmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: