Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
luulu1999
DIS Veteran

Our First Trip Ever

I decided to go a head and do a trip report even though this was our first trip ever! We drove from Southeast MO to California which was not much fun but we made it. We arrived on Dec 23rd to the Clarion. First I will say a little about he hotel. It was pretty outdated. Our curtain that led to the balcony was ripped and ragged the air condition/heater was old and there were no covers over the spots that you use to set the temps. The bathroom was SO small I couldn't even get my kids dressed in there when I got them out of the bath and the shower sprayed one fat spray of water and it was not the way to go when you were trying to be quiet in the mornings!! If I had no other choice I would stay here again but I think I would pay a little more to be a little closer and hopefully have a better room!! Enough about that now on to Disney. We arrived in CA about 6pm so after we got unloaded we immediately went to DTD to eat and look around. We took ART and as we were pulling into the parks I had butterfly's in my stomach with excitement. We get off the bus and head toward the tents, I went ahead and got our real tickets before we headed to DTD to save time the next AM. We walk in and my kids were amazed at the Christmas lights and wanted to look at everything. I picked ESPN Zone for our first night because I figured it would make DBF feel better after the long drive. The food was really good and the least expensive of the next few nights dinners. We ate then headed back to the hotel to get rested up for the next day.

Dec 24th--First day in the parks--I of course woke up before everyone else and started getting ready hoping to be there at least by 8AM...Didn't happen...I got the kiddos ready and it was raining outside ...we went and ate breakfast and about 9ish headed to the parks. We went to DCA first which is actually where we spent most of our time. As we entered the park one of the first things we saw was MICKEY MOUSE!!! It was so exciting!! The kids got in line which wasn't very long and got pics and his autograph and we were off again. DS of course wanted to go to Carsland first but I deterred him and we headed to bugs land because I knew the wait times would be short and I was ready to get on some rides!! We got into Bugs land and my kids were amazed we started with Flicks Flyers and made our way around to all the rides with very short if any waits. My kids thought the chew chew ride was awesome because of the watermelon smelling like watermelons and the animal crackers smelling like animal crackers! We left bugsland and went into Carsland we just looked around because the lines for the rides were a little to much for me to deal with especially since it was only our first day. DS got his ears and we headed to PP. Ariel had a very short wait and when DD seen the pic of her she asked if we could ride it so we did. When we got off there we headed around towards Grizzly River run and seen Dug the dog so we stopped and took pics and while we were doing that DS seen the rafts for Grizzly River Run and wanted to ride it. I of course tried to talk him out of it but it didn't work so we put on our ponchos and got in line, he was the one that go really wet in our raft though so it kinda suited him We go off the ride and went thru the little wildlife thing and then headed back toward Ariel and the kids wanted to ride it again so we did. By this time there were people just starting to line up for the Pixar parade so I went to get us a corn dog and we sat across from Ariels and waited for the parade to start and we were front row and it was AWESOME!!! We walked around for a while and then went back to the hotel to rest before our reservation at Goofy's. We went to Goofy's and it was pretty good I was a little disappointed because we didn't get our pics, we were waiting in line and they called to seat us and then Goofy was in the restaurant and we never got a chance to get them While we were eating we saw Mulan, Belle, Minnie, Goofy, and Dale from Chip and Dale on our way back to our room we were tired of walking so we got on the Monorail to get a little closer to the front and because my son had been wanting to ride it As we were walking to the front the fireworks had started and there was a spot with a pretty good view opened as we were walking so we watched that and the kids could not believe it was snowing when it was over!! Then we made it out after a long crowded walk and went to our room for the night.

TRIP REPORT STARTED:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52056072
DS(6) DD (5) DBF Me

Christmas 2012-1st Disneyland trip-hopefully many more to come
Summer 2014-Disneyland Summer trip
luulu1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #2
ttig34
Mouseketeer

Sounds like a good first day in the parks. Looking forward to hearing more.
ttig34 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

love in your tr so far! Hoping to go to dl for the 1st time soon!

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Great start
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
luulu1999
DIS Veteran

Day two

Dec 25th Christmas Day--We got up and ate breakfast and got to the park right at 8am...I was hoping to get there earlier but we didn't so we went into DCA to see how long the line was for RSR Fastpass it was crazy long so I thought maybe we would be better off just going and getting in line for RSR so we walked back to cars land and RSR was closed so we got on Lugis tires...my kids liked it not as much as Mater's ride but it was ok. By this time it was time to head to DL for Bippiti Boppiti Boutique....The line to get into to DL was soooo long but it moved pretty quickly so we head thru the castle and there were so many people!! DD got her princess stuff done...DS got the knight package but wasn't real happy about being in the boutique. After that was done we went outside and peter pan was crazy long so we went to Snow White with prob about a 15 to 20 min wait then went to Dumbo which was about 30 mins and onto the Circus train and then to Pinocchio and got the kids a Churro and they LOVED it...The tangled house was open but it was like an hour and a half wait I was a little disappointed about that...and then we moved on because I knew when we used our MM the next day we would be able to do Peter Pan and Alice with no wait. With the crowds at DL we decided to go back to DCA and we wanted to get a snack at the cozy cone. By the time we got to the cozy cone my kiddos were knocked out in the stroller so I got me the Chili Cone Queso in the bread cone...it was pretty good and I got them the souvenir cone cups and I walked us back to the hotel. Of course when we go into the hotel they wake up so we hung out for a while and then headed back. We went back into DCA and was going to head to PP and ride some rides but as we were going thru it was time for the Pixar Parade and the kids wanted to watch it AGAIN and we got another front row seat and then headed to DL for our reservations at Big Thunder BBQ. It was really neat the kids got to go on stage with the Jingle Jangle Jamboree and the food was pretty good. After leaving there we went walking and came across people getting ready for Fantasmic (DBF didn't want to watch it because of the crowds ) BUT we came across POC and waited probably about 15mins or so IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! Then we went to Jungle Cruise and walked right on and it was great too. AFter that we came across the Tiki room and it was just starting so we went in DD loved it I thought it was ok DS and DBF not impressed. Then we made our way back to our room and turned in for the night.

DS(6) DD (5) DBF Me

Old 01-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
luulu1999
DIS Veteran

Last Day :(

Dec 26th: Our last day I had made a list of things we hadn't got to do that I really wanted to do the night before and I think that helped a lot and this was a very productive day! We got up extra early to do the magic morning and it was raining AGAIN but only a little so we put our ponchos on and headed to DL. We got in and immediately got on Peter Pan and then Mr Toads Wild Ride and by the time we got done with that it was POURING down rain!! Alice and the tea cups were closed because of the rain so we headed to Astro Blasters and walked on...I was planning on going across the street to Star Tours but Astro ends up in a dang store so that stopped us!! Then it had stopped raining and we left magic morning a little early and headed to DCA for our RSR Fastpass...we got in about 745am and the line was just a little behind Carthay Circle and when 8am came we moved along pretty quick and got a return time of 945a-1045a. So we went and got on Maters ride and it was awesome then we went a head and headed back to DL for ToonTown early entry and we went straight on Roger Rabbit and played in Goofy and Minnie and Donalds house. The line for Mickey Mouse was way to long so we skipped that. After that we went straight to Its a Small world the wait was already about 30 mins, This was great my DD was in AWE...DS was like is this almost over lol When we got done there we headed to get in line for Nemo and it was about 45 mins and I was a little nervous because I am a little claustrophobic but it was ok and the ride was amazing my kids oooed and awwed the whole time. We then got us a burger and headed to Pixie Hollow where we waited about 30mins to see Tink and Periwinkle. We were then going to head over to catch the Aladdin show I was really excited about seeing that so we headed back thru Fantasyland and was going to go thru the castle to get out only to get around there and be told the castle was closed and we had to go back around where we had just came from to get out(frustrating)...so we headed to DCA and trying to hurry to get there in time for Aladdin only to get to the door of Aladdin to be told the first show was cancelled and it was unknown if the other shows would run so we just went to Disney Junior and aside from an old lady(me) having to sit on the floor it was awesome!! My kids really liked it!! After that we headed a little late to our FP return to RSR we waited maybe about 30 mins to get on and we were off...we start to go into Lugis tires and the car stops we sat there about 15 mins before they got the ride fixed and we were off again..when we got to the part where your suppose to race the car we were suppose to race had already took off so we didn't get to race against someone and then we took off and I totally did not expect the ride to be like that it was sooo great!! When we slowed back down DS kept saying can we ride again please and I was trying to explain to him that the line was VERY long and we could not wait in it to ride again but then we get to the end and the CM said do you guys want to go again!! So of course DS was yelling out yeah yeah yeah so we got to ride back to back!!!! And this time we got to go thru Ramones so we got to experience both sides it was so GREAT!!!! So we got off the ride and met up with DBF and rode Mater's ride again and then headed to PP. DD had fell asleep so DS and I got on Jumpin Jellyfish and it was pretty fun and then DS wanted to ride Goofys Sky School it was a 30 to 45 min wait but we waited and got on and I was scared to death!!! After we got off that we went to Ariel for the third time this trip. Then we headed to DTD for our reservation at Rainforest Cafe. Rainforest Cafe was really YUMMY expensive but yummy we got seated right next to a gorilla so I was a little freaked out everytime it started going off but it was a really cool place to eat. We had got Fp's for WOC and California Soaring but one kid was asleep and DBF was ready to go to the hotel so we didn't get to do those two things

It was an amazing experience and I am already trying to plan when we can go back preferably when the weather is nicer and not as crowded trying for the end of the summer this year....I believe I have become an addict

DS(6) DD (5) DBF Me

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: