Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #46
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
I was let into the club or lab to pick up my daughter everytime I went in there. I have a feeling it is just a lot easier for the parents to go get their children than for the counselors who don't necessarily know everyone's names to find the right child at any given time in a timely manner.
Sometimes she would tell me she wanted to stay and I would give her a time frame when I'd be back. Sometimes it was just time to go.

ETA - this was in July of 2012 on the Magic after they had changed the rules about no parents during supervised activites.
It may depend what is going on at the moment and/or how many kids are in the club at the time. Sometimes I was waved in to find my child at pick-up (they would tell me what room) and other times they brought her to the gate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCConch View Post
It is not all about the kids fun (despite being a Disney cruise). It is about safety. I am an education administrator and appreciate their protocols. Even if an adult can be verified as a parent it is much more difficult to prove that they're not a predator.
This is exactly the reason! DCL's policy is to limit adults' ability to interact with other children within the club; they are providing an environment where the children (and parents) can feel safe that there will be no interaction between their child and another adult. Most of us simply locate our own child at pick-up without any conversation or interaction with others, but once inside the gate that cannot be guaranteed. The incident that many believe likely prompted the current policy involved an adult who had legitimate reason to be in the club with another child.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: