Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #16
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

If there's any of us on the dieting thread who are using My Fitness Pal and would like some company, my username is 'rach066'...drop me a quick message saying you're off the Dis and I'll accept The more friends the merrier!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #17
loobzuk
DIS Veteran

I fell off the WW wagon around October time but went back to my meeting on Wednesday (2nd). I was pleasantly surprised to find that I'd 'only' gained 6lbs in that time. However, it takes me back to July 2012 so I've basically wasted 6 months.

I'm taking it half a stone at a time so my first goal is to lose the 6lbs I've gained plus one more so that I'm losing new weight again.

We're back to Florida in August so I've got 7 months to shift it. I haven't got an end goal in mind but I think I would need to lose around 3.5 stone to get to an ideal weight. I can't see me ever reaching 'ideal' but 2 stone would be good.

So far I've been surprised by how quickly I've managed to get back into the swing of it all.

Good luck to everyone, lets hope we all reach our goals this year.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #18
pampat
Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!

OK, I'm really, really, really joining in with this one! I have to lose about 4 stones and am a WW clerk, so I get lots of help and encouragement at my meetings. I can always use more to keep me on track. I go to the gym 3 times a week and put on 2 1/2 lbs over Christmas, so as above, first target is to get 3lbs off! Next Disney trip is November and I've pledged to lose just 2 stone this year - of course I'd love to lose the 4 stone, but I'm such a loser (but not in the good way!).

Pam
Old 01-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #19
Tinks1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampat View Post
OK, I'm really, really, really joining in with this one! I have to lose about 4 stones and am a WW clerk, so I get lots of help and encouragement at my meetings. I can always use more to keep me on track. I go to the gym 3 times a week and put on 2 1/2 lbs over Christmas, so as above, first target is to get 3lbs off! Next Disney trip is November and I've pledged to lose just 2 stone this year - of course I'd love to lose the 4 stone, but I'm such a loser (but not in the good way!).

Pam
Hi Pam

Firstly, I'd like to say, you're not a looser at all, please try not to think that way, I'm sure you're great! Welcome to the Dis dieting thread, I hope you find some extra encouragement here...everyone is very friendly!

Through the year you'll pick up different tips and things to try and you can come on for a moan or celebrate when you reach a little target. I hope you reach where you'd like to be by the time your trip comes around! Looking forward to seeing you on the thread
Old 01-05-2013, 07:44 AM   #20
stba2006
DIS Veteran

Well due to over-indulgence at Christmas and not being able to exercise after an major op on my abdomen last year I need to loose 28 lbs.

My goal is for the beginning of May, and I'm just going to cut down on calories and get back to running.

Weigh in day for me will be Friday.

Good luck to every-one
Old 01-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #21
pampat
Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks1984 View Post
Hi Pam

Firstly, I'd like to say, you're not a looser at all, please try not to think that way, I'm sure you're great! Welcome to the Dis dieting thread, I hope you find some extra encouragement here...everyone is very friendly!

Through the year you'll pick up different tips and things to try and you can come on for a moan or celebrate when you reach a little target. I hope you reach where you'd like to be by the time your trip comes around! Looking forward to seeing you on the thread
Thank you Rachel. Spoken like a true Lancashire Lass! I feel better already. In fact we are off to the cinema and all I'm having is a cup of coffee! I'm impressed with myself!

Pam
Old 01-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #22
Tinks1984

Quote:
Thank you Rachel. Spoken like a true Lancashire Lass! I feel better already. In fact we are off to the cinema and all I'm having is a cup of coffee! I'm impressed with myself!

Pam
Fantastic....and well done! Not the easiest place to go and resist temptation! I'll be going maybe next week with my Mum to watch Les Miserables and I'm soooo going to struggle with no popcorn or treats! Eeek!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #23
mumloveseeyore
DIS Veteran

i would love to join in too! i,m going back to weight watchers on the 8th and will break out the wii fit board, i,m hoping spending less on wine, crisps and junk food will help save for 2014 disney trip
Old 01-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #24
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Count me in AGAIN !!!!!! I am back up to my highest weight ever and need to sort my life out big time. I found some photos of myself from 6 years ago or thereabouts and I was shocked as to how I have allowed my acceptable weight to creep up like it has. I will never get back to what I was but I need to lose at least a stone and a half and would love to lose 2 stone.

Our niece is getting married in Venice in August and I don't want to be the fattest one there either .... so I need to start healthy eating and regular exercise as soon as possible ... and I am going to shop for healthy food today and try and go for a walk each day aswell.

My life has got to change and there is only one person who can change it

I plan to stick to a healthy diet ... mostly based on Slimming World plan, but will try to stop eating after 7pm ... and I will also use MyFitnessPal to keep track of the weight loss. I will weigh in on a Tuesday at work.
Exercise ... will try and take a walk every day and go back to Zumba class. Fortunately we don't have any holidays booked until the wedding in August so that should help.

Please come and find me on My Fitness Pal .... SarahTony2002 ... I need all the support I can get : )

Last edited by TotallyAngelic; 01-06-2013 at 05:45 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:05 AM   #25
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loobzuk View Post
I fell off the WW wagon around October time but went back to my meeting on Wednesday (2nd). I was pleasantly surprised to find that I'd 'only' gained 6lbs in that time. However, it takes me back to July 2012 so I've basically wasted 6 months.

I'm taking it half a stone at a time so my first goal is to lose the 6lbs I've gained plus one more so that I'm losing new weight again.

We're back to Florida in August so I've got 7 months to shift it. I haven't got an end goal in mind but I think I would need to lose around 3.5 stone to get to an ideal weight. I can't see me ever reaching 'ideal' but 2 stone would be good.

So far I've been surprised by how quickly I've managed to get back into the swing of it all.

Good luck to everyone, lets hope we all reach our goals this year.
Good Luck Louise, I think taking it 1/2 a stone at a time is a great idea, as you will be celebrating reaching your mini targets along the way

Quote:

Pam
Good Luck Pam. You've done so well only putting on 2 1/2 lbs over Christmas, and you've already got an exercise routine in place. I think you've got the right mind set to do it

Quote:
Hi Pam

Well said Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stba2006 View Post
Well due to over-indulgence at Christmas and not being able to exercise after an major op on my abdomen last year I need to loose 28 lbs.

My goal is for the beginning of May, and I'm just going to cut down on calories and get back to running.

Weigh in day for me will be Friday.

Good luck to every-one
Good Luck Stacey, have you set a mini target ? Good luck at your first weigh-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumloveseeyore View Post
i would love to join in too! i,m going back to weight watchers on the 8th and will break out the wii fit board, i,m hoping spending less on wine, crisps and junk food will help save for 2014 disney trip
Lots of Luck hun, I like you're way of cutting down will help you save for your next trip too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Count me in AGAIN !!!!!! I am back up to my highest weight ever and need to sort my life out big time. I found some photos of myself from 6 years ago or thereabouts and I was shocked as to how I have allowed my acceptable weight to creep up like it has. I will never get back to what I was but I need to lose at least a stone and a half and would love to lose 2 stone.

Our niece is getting married in Venice in August and I don't want to be the fattest one there either .... so I need to start healthy eating and regular exercise as soon as possible ... and I am going to shop for healthy food today and try and go for a walk each day aswell.

My life has got to change and there is only one person who can change it

I plan to stick to a healthy diet ... mostly based on Slimming World plan, but will try to stop eating after 7pm ... and I will also use MyFitnessPal to keep track of the weight loss. I will weigh in on a Tuesday at work.
Exercise ... will try and take a walk every day and go back to Zumba class. Fortunately we don't have any holidays booked until the wedding in August so that should help.

Please come and find me on My Fitness Pal .... SarahTony2002 ... I need all the support I can get : )
Good Luck Sarah, the wedding will be a great incentive to lose weight, I hope you'll be feeling fabulous for it

Old 01-07-2013, 02:08 AM   #26
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

I have just weighed in this morning, and I am thrilled/shocked to only need to lose about 1/2 a stone for my next holiday

I know it's not a lot, but I'll still be here to encourage/motivate you

Good Luck Everyone !!!

Old 01-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #27
wifey
DIS Veteran

This week I've STS but my fat percentage has dropped and my muscle percentage has gone up water and bone percentages are steady so a step in the right direction at least for me. I'm using lots of upbeat music when i work out, trying to keep up my positive vibes and remember why i am going this every day. Good luck to everyone stay healthy and let's look forwards and I will pop back next week for another weigh in.

Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
Old 01-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #28
Tinks1984

Well done wifey!!

Mand, that's great! Hopefully all that Zumba-ing won't take long and the half stone will be done before it's trip time!

It's my first weigh-in in the morning I have to say I'm nervous. Even though I've logged everything on My Fitness Pal, I still am convinced it won't work for me and I'll have either put on or not moved at all! Oh well, all will be revealed in the morning!

Good Luck with this week everyone!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:03 AM   #29
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
This week I've STS but my fat percentage has dropped and my muscle percentage has gone up water and bone percentages are steady so a step in the right direction at least for me. I'm using lots of upbeat music when i work out, trying to keep up my positive vibes and remember why i am going this every day. Good luck to everyone stay healthy and let's look forwards and I will pop back next week for another weigh in.
Well done on STS hun, keep up the good work

Quote:
Well done wifey!!

Mand, that's great! Hopefully all that Zumba-ing won't take long and the half stone will be done before it's trip time!

It's my first weigh-in in the morning I have to say I'm nervous. Even though I've logged everything on My Fitness Pal, I still am convinced it won't work for me and I'll have either put on or not moved at all! Oh well, all will be revealed in the morning!

Good Luck with this week everyone!
Good Luck Rachel

Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #30
bee86
DIS Veteran

Well done everyone!!

Weighed in this morning and 0.5lbs down........was a bit disappointed but tbh honest sitting Uni exams until the 15th so Im totally out of any sort of routine and having ridiculous amounts of tea/coffee late in the evening. So im honestly not being very well behaved on my diet at the moment.
Roll on the 15th when I can get into a routine with getting out for walks etc.

But you know what, posting here is defo helping me to keep on track as I was so tempted to not even update/face the scales this week. knowing that that I really "had" to post here helped so much. Thanks guys

2008 CBR and Doubletree Castle international drive
June 2013 CS 10 nights June 2014 SSR 10nights
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: