Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #1066
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

I keep trying to do online check in but the system won't let me! Ugh!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #1067
SPAM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I keep trying to do online check in but the system won't let me! Ugh!
Try www.mydisneyreservation.com
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 10:47 PM   #1068
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAM View Post
Thank you. I tried it but just got the error message that the system is unavailable. I'll try again tomorrow but I guess it really isn't that big of a deal ... I've always liked every room I've ever had there!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #1069
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmith View Post
What is the Mom's night out special?? Sounds interesting!
Found this on page 1 of this thread :

Don't miss the "Mom's Night Out" dinner specials -- Serving Fried Chicken (Sat, Sunday, Monday); Turkey Dinner (Tues/Wed) and Meatloaf Dinner (Thursday/Friday). Come hungry, leave happy!

Monica
Old 01-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #1070
ocean134
DIS Veteran

42 days I am I back to my beloved POP! Taking a friend with me this time, she hasn't been to Disney in, wait for it, over a decade! Wait until she sees it now.

Multiple Visits up to 2005; Saratoga Springs 12/2006; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2008; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2009; ASMovies 10/2009; Coronado Springs 12/2009;Pop 1/2010; Pop/DCL-Magic/Universal 1/2011; POFQ 8/2011; Pop 1/2012; RCCL Cruise/POP/Disney Parks/POR 6/2012 ;Pop 2/2013; POFQ 2014 Disney and Universal; Disneyland, Paradise Pier Hotel 1/2014
Old 01-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #1071
jsmla
DIS Veteran

My Magical Express tags came yesterday!

Sorry about all the DME to Pop questions but I have a couple more.

1. The yellow tag has a large AK with Pop Century in smaller type below. I'm assuming this means the bus will be shared with other resorts in the AK area, not an AK drop off, right?

2. We've only used DME when staying at Deluxe resorts. Will my bags be delivered to my room at Pop or will I have to retrieve them from Bell Services? I'm planning on checking a fairly large and heavy case and would really rather not have to lug it myself!

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #1072
princessanj
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal

Found this on page 1 of this thread :

Don't miss the "Mom's Night Out" dinner specials -- Serving Fried Chicken (Sat, Sunday, Monday); Turkey Dinner (Tues/Wed) and Meatloaf Dinner (Thursday/Friday). Come hungry, leave happy!
The turkey dinner is amazing!! Same thing I got at Liberty Tree Tavern in MK. It's called the Pilgrim's Feast there.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #1073
Marla1106
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinstrip View Post
Thanks for the replies about the rooms being clean! I'd rather hear opinions from the experts. Speaking of which, I will be staying in just a standard room and just requested near busses or main building. I looked at the map on the first pages. Is there only one place to get on the busses (right out side the main building) or are there other bus stops within POP? If there's only one, can someone recommend a good building to ask for? It will just be me and my 5 year old DS on this trip. I don't care about pool view as I would prefer it to be quieter but I also don't want a long walk after being in the park all day. Thanks so much for everyone's help. This thread has so many helpful people!
There is only one place to catch a bus. Everything really is pretty close at Pop so none of the buildings are really far. I have been in the 70s and it was fine. Even carrying a sleeping 5 year old on my last trip, and I made it from the bus to the room with no problems.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #1074
nuge67
Mouseketeer

I am confused, some people here rave about the food at the Pop food court and lately many have been complaining about the food.

Which one is it? We are not fancy people per say while on vacation and in Disney we will live off counter service food liked served here, but cold hamburgs and such won't fly.

And can someone confirm or deny that this food court is run by an outside company and NOT Disney?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #1076
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuge67 View Post
I am confused, some people here rave about the food at the Pop food court and lately many have been complaining about the food.

Which one is it?
Both. No restaurant/food court will get it right 100% of the time. Although from what I've read/seen the raves out number the complaints.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #1077
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.

At one time I believe it was run by Aramark, which is the same company that runs the Concessions at a lot of Universities.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
*Plus Three Times Off Site, before I knew better.
My Disney Blog
http://www.interplantarypodcast.blogspot.com

T

Old 01-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #1078
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmla View Post
My Magical Express tags came yesterday!

Sorry about all the DME to Pop questions but I have a couple more.

1. The yellow tag has a large AK with Pop Century in smaller type below. I'm assuming this means the bus will be shared with other resorts in the AK area, not an AK drop off, right?

2. We've only used DME when staying at Deluxe resorts. Will my bags be delivered to my room at Pop or will I have to retrieve them from Bell Services? I'm planning on checking a fairly large and heavy case and would really rather not have to lug it myself!

Thanks!
1. Correct. The bus that transports for POP also does Caribbean, AKL and AoA, that's why it has the AK on it.

2. Yes they will be delivered to your room, same as when you are staying at any other resorts, no matter the level.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 01-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #1079
FancyNancy
Princess

Subbing in! I am booked at POP 4/27 through 5/3. This will be my very first stay at POP ( I usually do All Star Sports) and I am excited to check it out!

Old 01-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #1080
jsmla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
1. Correct. The bus that transports for POP also does Caribbean, AKL and AoA, that's why it has the AK on it.

2. Yes they will be delivered to your room, same as when you are staying at any other resorts, no matter the level.

Thanks-great to hear!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: