Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 01:17 AM   #16
VmBorrayo
Earning My Ears

Great Job Jen! I can't wait to hear about the rest! I'm so glad at least one of us is doing a TR!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:22 AM   #17
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvjen777 View Post
Dee, How fun that you're here!

*(SPOILER ALERT)* : Your awesome resort threads have been super helpful to us!....

I have wondered if stays at the Yacht & Beach Club (and other Deluxe resorts) were available to winners of the contests. I saw on another post that Deluxe stays and also out of pocket add ons were possible to winners!

Have you been over to the thread over the past few days, or received a letter about the refurbishment of the Jib Slide?

From what I understand, the Jib Slide and that portion of the pool will be closed from Jan 17 to about Jan 25, but guests of Y&B will be able to use the slide at the Luna Park Pool at the Boardwalk. The other areas of SAB, the Lazy River and sandy beach portions, will still be open during those times.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #18
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Joining in! Looking forward to hearing all about your amazing trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvjen777 View Post
I guess I should mention that this isn't my first win from a Disney sweepstakes..

Before y'all get out your torches & pitchforks, let me explain. My first contest win was a sweepstakes for a Disney trip a few years back, which was sponsored by a dental company. Nope, I didn't win the trip.. what I did win was............500 dental flossers!! Seriously, I just kept pulling more and more flossers out of the box, it was pretty funny. And yes, I'm still using them.

My second win was another runner-up prize. Let me tell you, when you receive a fancy letter saying you won a Disney 'something', your heart stops & you cannot read that letter fast enough.. I finally got all the way to the bottom of the letter... and I was the lucky runner-up winner of... a Disney coloring book (value $2).

Both times, I was just happy to win something/anything. Never in a million years did I think I'd ever really win anything big in my lifetime. However, all that changed on February 20, 2012.....................
Hilarious!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 01-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #19
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

So exciting! Disclaimer:all names have been changed to protect our identity
Old 01-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #20
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

I have wondered if stays at the Yacht & Beach Club (and other Deluxe resorts) were available to winners of the contests. I saw on another post that Deluxe stays and also out of pocket add ons were possible to winners!

Have you been over to the thread over the past few days, or received a letter about the refurbishment of the Jib Slide?

From what I understand, the Jib Slide and that portion of the pool will be closed from Jan 17 to about Jan 25, but guests of Y&B will be able to use the slide at the Luna Park Pool at the Boardwalk. The other areas of SAB, the Lazy River and sandy beach portions, will still be open during those times.
Yes I did read about the refurb, but thanks for the info again .. I haven't broken the news to DS yet, he will be quite disappointed about the slide.... I understand that's the chances we take for taking our vacation during the off season. It's just too bad he'll be missing the slide being open by 2 days... boo ! I haven't checked my mail in a couple days, so not sure if I received my letter yet.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #21
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehoey View Post
So exciting! Disclaimer:all names have been changed to protect our identity
YES, for sure! Ha. I'm getting a feeling that my TR might end up with numerous "Disclaimers"

I'm glad you're here! Don't be scared .... I won't reveal ALL our secrets!!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #22
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Talking The BEST day ever

Monday, February 20th was Presidents' Day, so we were all home from school and work. It started out as just any normal day at home. Andy was in the front doing some yard work, and Tyler and I were in his room attempting to de-junk his closed (ug!) in preparation for our upcoming move.

In his closet, we came across one of his favorite shirts, one he got on our first/last trip to WDW..

"Mom, because of the new house, we're not going to be able to go to WDW for a while, because we're going to be broke, right?"

I laughed. "Well, you're probably right.. but I'd hoped we could go back to Florida again sometime in the next few years..we'll see.. Maybe in 2014, or how about you try Santa?"

"Waah", says Tyler. (According to him, "we'll see" means no, and I'm pretty sure he's onto me on the whole Santa-thing.) We get back to tackling the closet.

30 minutes later, Andy pokes his head in the door.. He holds up a Fedex envelope. "This just came for you?"

I hadn't ordered anything.. But then again, it wasn't really a package, just an envelope. An envelope overnighted from New York. What is this? Something financial or legal or ....... ??? I don't know anyone in New York. I had no clue.

I open it up..

Dear Jennifer,

Important Notice!

Your entry into the "One More Disney Day Sweepstakes" sponsored by Disney has been selected as a potential prize winner. We say "potential" winner because according to the official rules, before the prize can be awarded, the potential winner must complete, have notarized, and return the attached Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release. This is to enable us to verify your eligibility, confirm your address, and obtain information needed to award your prize......... If we don't receive our Affidavit by February 23, your entry will be disqualified and we’ll have to select an alternate winner, so please be prompt! You will be contacted within seven (7) business days after we receive your completed Affidavit with specific details regarding your prize award status.

I speed-read all of this once or twice. Am I really reading what I'm reading? At that point I may or may not have started screaming and yelling, opened the front door, yelled something out to Andy, and then read it one more time to make sure I really read what I just read. I'm pretty sure Tyler thought I'd lost my mind. Andy thought it was fake. "Are these New York people asking for your social security number?" "How do you know this is real?!" "What kind of info do we have to give them?" Hey mister, your super rational thoughts are totally no fun at all !!! I explain to him that this company must be who handles the Sweepstakes & selection of winners. Once a winner is confirmed, they are then turned over to Disney.

All I know is I didn't have much time to get this returned, especially since today was a holiday - eek! I immediately raced to the computer to look up the Sweepstakes, so I could first of all remember what the prize was! I had indeed been entering this contest online pretty much every day, along with various other sweepstakes, which Andy always thought was kind of silly. (I showed him! )

This sweepstakes was leading up to the One More Disney Day leap-year celebration, where the parks were open for 24hours. Disney was giving away one trip each day during January & February. (My name was drawn Feb 15.) Tyler & I start reading the loooong list of Official Rules from Disney's website... the prize was indeed a trip!!! Winners' choice of DL or WDW! I was in shock. Tyler and I were JUST talking about Disney World!!!!!!! Andy says not to get too excited until I find out for sure.. However, he should know better.. it's WAY too late. I can't stop jumping up and down. What do I do? Who do I tell? Everybody? Nobody? I'm freaking out.

My next online destination was to the DIS. I had been a bad Dis-er lately, and had not been on the site much. Since a Disney trip was not going to be possible for a little while with our move, I had been trying not to torture myself too much. I quickly found the section on the OMDD Sweepstakes, along with the hilarious antics of Disers stalking Fedex trucks in their neighborhoods, which I was now sad that I had missed. To my surprise there were some winning Disers on there! I couldn't read the pages of posts fast enough...To my excitement I saw that they had received the same magical Fedex delivery, and had gone through this same process.. See family, THIS IS REAL !!

There was no time to waste! I anxiously sit down at the kitchen table and get started on my paperwork..............
Old 01-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #23
ohboyx3
DIS Veteran

Love reading this! Hurry and post some more!

January 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
January 2008 Port Orleans Riverside

May 2011 All Star Music Family Suites
Disney Cruise aboard the Dream October 2012
October 2013 Fort Wilderness Cabins
Old 01-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #24
luckylady
DIS Veteran

That is just to cool! I see you leave in less then TWO WEEKS!!!!! WooHoo. Can't wwait to see where you are staying and eating. Any ADRs?
Me Luckylady (53) DH (60) DS#1 (33)DD (25) and the "baby" DS#2 (23)
Old 01-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #25
caralyn817
DIS Veteran

How exciting! I hope I'm one of those people this time around! Can't wait to hear more!

Old 01-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #26
beckyx3
Mouseketeer

I'm in! I'm excited to read about your trip!
Old 01-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #27
natebenma
DIS Veteran

FANTASTIC start!!! I love how you were talking about a Disney and the circumstances that would delay a trip there, when a magical package appeared!

That is some major pixie dust!

Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #28
a*lil*bit*goofy
If only I had a brain! :O/
Oh wow now i am even more excited for the odd nights

This thread has me out of lurkdom!! I hate reading all the excited people on the Dis after my trip is done...selfishly...lol. We won't be planning a trip until 2014 or 2015. So it's torture here! But this will be worth it. Congrats! Looking forward to reading more. :O)

(and really, if I really thought we were going in 2014 I would already be planning like a good disney go-er wouldn't i. sigh)
Old 01-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #29
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*lil*bit*goofy View Post
This thread has me out of lurkdom!! I hate reading all the excited people on the Dis after my trip is done...selfishly...lol. We won't be planning a trip until 2014 or 2015. So it's torture here! But this will be worth it. Congrats! Looking forward to reading more. :O)

(and really, if I really thought we were going in 2014 I would already be planning like a good disney go-er wouldn't i. sigh)

Welcome! Glad to have you reading along! I definitely know that in-between-Disney-trip feeling!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #30
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

The Best day ever - part two

So first thing the next morning, I triple check my forms, get them notarized at work & get the pre-paid Fedex ready to go. Andy & I work together for the same construction company, me in the office & him in the field. So, since he’s more mobile than I am, he says to me “I’ll just take it over to Fedex for you.” He is super-responsible & totally capable (remember, he's Mr. Voice of Reason) . However, instantly I revert the poor guy to 5-yr old status… “Drive carefully! Call me when you send it off! Make sure you get a receipt! Make sure they don‘t mess it up! Get a receipt ! Love you!”

Yep, I’m losing it. But this is the most important piece of mail I’ve sent off.. like ever! My Disney-loving life has completely come to a screeching halt since Monday!

I'm hoping the Fedex plane doesn't crash! Have you ever seen that Tom Hanks movie, 'Castaway'? I have this mental picture of my letter somehow ending up like that volleyball, washed up on some island shore in the middle of the ocean! (I think I have an overactive imagination.)

Because I'm obsessive (um, I mean excited), using my receipt I set up the online Fedex tracking on my envelope. They will email me as soon as it's delivered (or you know, as soon as it crashes in the ocean.)

12:53am Memphis, TN
5:56am Newark, NJ
7:48am New York, NY
8:22am DELIVERED

8:29am (7 minutes later!!!!!!) I get an email from New York ...

Congratulations! We have received your completed affidavit and are please to inform you that you have been confirmed as a Grand Prize Winner in the One More Disney Day Sweepstakes.

I was asked to choose & circle either WDW-FLORIDA or DL-CALIFORNIA , and confirm my contact info again. (which was definitely a good idea because my email address AND first name were both misspelled in all my original paperwork, which might have been why I had received no news pre-Fedex, as other people had? )

My prize was officially as follows:

A 5-day/4-night trip to Walt Disney World near Orlando, FL for me and 3 guests. Travel must be completed by 6/1/13. Dates are flexible, but some block out dates do apply. Prize consists of the following:

a) Hotel accomodations for four (including room tax)
b) Four (4) 5-day Magic Your Way Park Park Hopper tickets, including access to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom parks.
c) Round-trip coach air transportation
d) Airport-Hotel transfers
e) One (1) Disney gift card with a value of one thousand dollars ($1000)
f) Winner's choice of ONE of the four following enhancements (each valued at $500):
-A Disney Photo Pass package
-Select Disney Tours
-A Downtown Disney shopping spree
-Spa experience(s) of your choice.

Amazing/Incredible/Magical. There are not enough adjectives to describe it. I immediately emailed this form back & was told they would forward my information to Disney, and then I’d be contacted to fulfill my prize.

I was feeling so grateful, so lucky and so happy. I told all my friends and family to start entering contests, and told them where to find current lists of Disney sweepstakes online. You better believe I will be entering every Disney contest from here on out. Real people can win !!

So back to the Dis I go to check on the other winners, see if there are any new ones, and patiently wait until I am contacted to book our trip. Eventually all us Dis winners start to share our experiences, planning info and advice with each other via Facebook. (Our group is 19 of the 60 total winners). All this really added to the fun and excitement of the whole thing, plus it kept us all busy while we waited for Disney to contact us. The east-coasters could help us west-coasters, and vice versa. Everyone in the group are really great people (and I’m not just saying that because you’re all reading this.. you all ARE reading this, aren't you? hello? ) Anyways, obviously we all were already Disney fans, so it was easy to become fast friends.

As for my non-Disney family/friends.. well you know how that goes.. "Yes grandma, isn't it neat that I’m becoming friends with other winners all around the United States? Well, yes... I know they're strangers on the Internet... Guess what, some of them might even meet in person during their trips, can you believe that? Yes grandma, strangers on from the Internet, meeting other strangers, and letting their kids play together! Isn't that fun? Oh, don't worry, I sent for a copy of the official winner's list & we'll confirm everyone's identites eventually... )

Last edited by lvjen777; 01-13-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: