Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #1351
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Ahem...so make that wl....
And the changes begin!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
It's much cheaper....much cheaper..and DH loves WL...and no refurb...guaranteed balcony


Again when summer discounts come out...subject to change...
Subject to change ..... I think this goes without saying!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
She's "visiting" the WL thread now
It really is one of the best threads to hang out on. I love it even when I have no plans to stay there!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #1352
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran
 
mommyrosa2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,818

Happy New Year everyone....

Just wanted to check-in, say Happy New Year to everyone, and to say that, yes, I've made yet another change to our ressies for August. From the BC to AKL to WL to now... CSR, business class! I spent over 1/2 hour today speaking to a CM about the new business class booking option there and about what the lounge would offer. He confirmed it would have offerings throughout the day & evening like other "club level" lounges such as snacks & drinks, including alcoholic drinks so I figured what the heck, I'd be a fool not to switch since now I'll be saving almost $500 And if the information he gave me turns out to be true, then what a deal! That's where we are right now but I'm not adding any resort to my ticker just yet
__________________
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL


mommyrosa2 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #1353
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Of course as soon as I leave the house and everyone gets so chatty I am so tired today, DH got up early to go to the gym and I couldn't go back to sleep so I laid in bed and watched Tuesday night’s Parenthood at 7am. Now I am paying for and just had to close my eyes for a few minutes on the couch

Jen – oh you reminded me to see if I can get a BOG ADR for DD’s bday. So far nothing has opened back up for Feb so I should try for April, those are probably gone already too. Oh and LOVE the pic of the girls! Yep, they will be returning there soon once again

Jeanette – I did see quickly while I was out about your changes and got very excited. Are you still planning at week at Anna Maria Island? We would be so close by! I can’t wait to relax on the white sandy beaches My parents are actually looking to switch coasts and are looking at houses in Sarasota. So wait, WL not Poly

Wookie – I hate when I don’t sleep through the night, it definitely makes getting up and going very difficult. I think it looks like you are keeping CR TPV, right? I really think you will love it We honestly enjoyed having more space in the room, I know the WL rooms aren’t tiny, but the CR rooms just feel soooo much bigger.

Linda – glad you got the reservations sorted out, I didn’t think the CRO system would let you double, let alone triple book.

Miss – Love the pic of Miss M and her tribute to Sarah! I hope you are having a great time, although I miss your posts on FB

KOOK – did you create a whole separate Lodger’s Log for Jeanette and Candace???? Thank god for pencil and dry erase markers

Lacey – I think you should definitely go over spring break for your bday If my bday didn’t fall so close to Memorial Day I think I would secretly want to spend my bday in WDW too.

Did I miss anything or anyone else?? I swear I could close my eyes again for a bit.

Melissa
The online system just keeps letting me book overlapping reservations! Now online dining keeps telling me when I have conflicting reservations! So I make the little computer gods happy and cancel one! I now have 4 breakfast reservations all on different days at GR Cafe .... 3 of which I'll keep .... one for Janet and I, one for just me and one for DD and myself .... note to self remember to cancel that extra reservation. Maybe I need a job! Retirement is just leaving me too much time to play on the computer!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #1354
padawans
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,085

Hi there!

I'm glad to see everyone getting cool discounts, I know nothing you gals have booked will stick.

I just completed my 2 week Mayextravangza by booking 4 nights at Royal Pacific SV pet friendly room. Two weeks ago we became proud parents to a cute little 7 pound chihuahua mix puppy that we rescued from being road kill. We have no family in Arizona to watch him, and my my mom in Palm Springs Ca has to attend my nephews college graduation so the little guy is coming to Orlando. I booked 10 nights from him at the Disney kennel. Of course I got him the villa. Nothing but the best for my pooch. Should I upgrade him to Club Level? No Cl for us this trip. The pooch, and the fact that my dh is limited to Jack and diet coke for his alcohol consumption has eliminated club level.

Did I mention how much I love this puppy
padawans is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #1355
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Happy New Year everyone!

Big group hugs for everyone. I was so sad to hear the news about Sarah I knew she had stopped the experimental treatment but I had no idea she was so sick. I saw the message on facebook Saturday and it totally threw me for a loop.

I hope you all have a fantastic 2013. Jenny - I was looking at rates today too. I think I should take the kids for a few days over Spring Break for my birthday - what say the RCers?
Silly question .... RCers always say book that vacation!!! We're here to support your habit!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #1356
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Quick hello to all of my favourite gals. Taking a lil break before heading out later for Fantasmic and Osborne Lights.

Here's a little tribute to our Jungle Cruiser from Miss M...




Going to meet I_Heart tomorrow.
Miss M is so cute!!! Wish I was there to share a milkshake with her! On second thought I want my own!!!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 12:21 AM   #1357
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Hi there!

I'm glad to see everyone getting cool discounts, I know nothing you gals have booked will stick.

I just completed my 2 week Mayextravangza by booking 4 nights at Royal Pacific SV pet friendly room. Two weeks ago we became proud parents to a cute little 7 pound chihuahua mix puppy that we rescued from being road kill. We have no family in Arizona to watch him, and my my mom in Palm Springs Ca has to attend my nephews college graduation so the little guy is coming to Orlando. I booked 10 nights from him at the Disney kennel. Of course I got him the villa. Nothing but the best for my pooch. Should I upgrade him to Club Level? No Cl for us this trip. The pooch, and the fact that my dh is limited to Jack and diet coke for his alcohol consumption has eliminated club level.

Did I mention how much I love this puppy
I would love to see a picture. We can't have dogs as long as the in laws need us to live with them. To get my dog fix I go over to my sister's house, or my mom's. My sister just added a 3rd fur-baby to her family. He's a 7 yr old Irish Wolfhound named Clancy.

As soon as the DH comes to bed I'm going to talk to him. Even though the CR /w TPV is my dream room, I just hate not saving the extra money that we could have if we went down to the WL. I could use the savings to upgrade my Fujifilm Finepix camera to a Nikon or Canon. I just don't know what to do. Why Disney!! Why do you have to give us too many amazing choices!!
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Last edited by letthewookiewin; 01-04-2013 at 12:36 AM.
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 06:40 AM   #1358
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Just wanted to check-in, say Happy New Year to everyone, and to say that, yes, I've made yet another change to our ressies for August. From the BC to AKL to WL to now... CSR, business class! I spent over 1/2 hour today speaking to a CM about the new business class booking option there and about what the lounge would offer. He confirmed it would have offerings throughout the day & evening like other "club level" lounges such as snacks & drinks, including alcoholic drinks so I figured what the heck, I'd be a fool not to switch since now I'll be saving almost $500 And if the information he gave me turns out to be true, then what a deal! That's where we are right now but I'm not adding any resort to my ticker just yet
Wow! Well, there you go!!! I can't wait to hear more about these business class rooms. Sounds too go to be true! I really have no desire to stay at CSR but that room category certainly makes it more enticing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Hi there!

I'm glad to see everyone getting cool discounts, I know nothing you gals have booked will stick.

I just completed my 2 week Mayextravangza by booking 4 nights at Royal Pacific SV pet friendly room. Two weeks ago we became proud parents to a cute little 7 pound chihuahua mix puppy that we rescued from being road kill. We have no family in Arizona to watch him, and my my mom in Palm Springs Ca has to attend my nephews college graduation so the little guy is coming to Orlando. I booked 10 nights from him at the Disney kennel. Of course I got him the villa. Nothing but the best for my pooch. Should I upgrade him to Club Level? No Cl for us this trip. The pooch, and the fact that my dh is limited to Jack and diet coke for his alcohol consumption has eliminated club level.

Did I mention how much I love this puppy
I understand! You might remember that we adopted a kitten in July....I am completely and totally 100% in love with this cat (and I don't even like animals!). This cat is amazing and he's got me wrapped around his paw, and he knows it. If you can have a animal soulmate...he is mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I would love to see a picture. We can't have dogs as long as the in laws need us to live with them. To get my dog fix I go over to my sister's house, or my mom's. My sister just added a 3rd fur-baby to her family. He's a 7 yr old Irish Wolfhound named Clancy.

As soon as the DH comes to bed I'm going to talk to him. Even though the CR /w TPV is my dream room, I just hate not saving the extra money that we could have if we went down to the WL. I could use the savings to upgrade my Fujifilm Finepix camera to a Nikon or Canon. I just don't know what to do. Why Disney!! Why do you have to give us too many amazing choices!!
If its not going to break the bank, go with the dream!!! I'm a bad influence.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #1359
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,152

....as promised!!!

Here is my PAID IN FULL DANCE!!!!

:danc er:

Now to just sit back and wait until April! YC here I come!!!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #1360
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Really Pas, there is no need to make add that comment, as we all know (and expect) it!! But you know I love ya!
Felt the need for a disclaimer bff...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
And the changes begin!!!



Subject to change ..... I think this goes without saying!!!



It really is one of the best threads to hang out on. I love it even when I have no plans to stay there!
love the wl thread!, told the kids last night. Even hrh is happy..we are all excited for summer!,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Just wanted to check-in, say Happy New Year to everyone, and to say that, yes, I've made yet another change to our ressies for August. From the BC to AKL to WL to now... CSR, business class! I spent over 1/2 hour today speaking to a CM about the new business class booking option there and about what the lounge would offer. He confirmed it would have offerings throughout the day & evening like other "club level" lounges such as snacks & drinks, including alcoholic drinks so I figured what the heck, I'd be a fool not to switch since now I'll be saving almost $500 And if the information he gave me turns out to be true, then what a deal! That's where we are right now but I'm not adding any resort to my ticker just yet
I was checking that out too! You know the building and everything..I just can't book a mod..crazy right?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Hi there!

I'm glad to see everyone getting cool discounts, I know nothing you gals have booked will stick.

I just completed my 2 week Mayextravangza by booking 4 nights at Royal Pacific SV pet friendly room. Two weeks ago we became proud parents to a cute little 7 pound chihuahua mix puppy that we rescued from being road kill. We have no family in Arizona to watch him, and my my mom in Palm Springs Ca has to attend my nephews college graduation so the little guy is coming to Orlando. I booked 10 nights from him at the Disney kennel. Of course I got him the villa. Nothing but the best for my pooch. Should I upgrade him to Club Level? No Cl for us this trip. The pooch, and the fact that my dh is limited to Jack and diet coke for his alcohol consumption has eliminated club level.

Did I mention how much I love this puppy
Congrats! Deena and I were checking out the doggy room service menu at rpr..very cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Here is my PAID IN FULL DANCE!!!!

:danc er:

Now to just sit back and wait until April! YC here I come!!!
nice!!!
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #1361
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,260

Hi everyone!

Just had to pop in and say hello AND share my good news (only y'all will appreciate my Disney excitement) Check out my rotating banner!!!! POR with the Royal Room for Faith's b-day!!

We were going to take her to Atlanta and do the American Girl Hotel package...Bill surprisingly said, "Why don't we just go to WDW for the weekend and make use of my PIN code." As I picked up my jaw off the ground, I got on the computer and made the ressies!!

Now...back to making a couple of dining ressies!!!

Heather
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #1362
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Hi everyone!

Just had to pop in and say hello AND share my good news (only y'all will appreciate my Disney excitement) Check out my rotating banner!!!! POR with the Royal Room for Faith's b-day!!

We were going to take her to Atlanta and do the American Girl Hotel package...Bill surprisingly said, "Why don't we just go to WDW for the weekend and make use of my PIN code." As I picked up my jaw off the ground, I got on the computer and made the ressies!!

Now...back to making a couple of dining ressies!!!

Heather
Wow!!! Fabulous heather
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #1363
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Hi everyone!

Just had to pop in and say hello AND share my good news (only y'all will appreciate my Disney excitement) Check out my rotating banner!!!! POR with the Royal Room for Faith's b-day!!

We were going to take her to Atlanta and do the American Girl Hotel package...Bill surprisingly said, "Why don't we just go to WDW for the weekend and make use of my PIN code." As I picked up my jaw off the ground, I got on the computer and made the ressies!!

Now...back to making a couple of dining ressies!!!

Heather
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #1364
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Hi everyone!

Just had to pop in and say hello AND share my good news (only y'all will appreciate my Disney excitement) Check out my rotating banner!!!! POR with the Royal Room for Faith's b-day!!

We were going to take her to Atlanta and do the American Girl Hotel package...Bill surprisingly said, "Why don't we just go to WDW for the weekend and make use of my PIN code." As I picked up my jaw off the ground, I got on the computer and made the ressies!!

Now...back to making a couple of dining ressies!!!

Heather

Heather:Wow....how nice a birthday surprise for her! Sounds great!

Candace: congrats on PIF!

Just popping in, DD4 is sick. Had her at the hospital this morning as she was very listless, couldn't focus, glazed eyes, and crying that her stomach was really really hurting her. She then vomited all over the place at the hospital. Nurses said she is still fighting off what she had a couple of days ago.
I am just paranoid about stomach problems, my friends son died at 6 years old from a twisted bowel, and ever since then I am extremely nervous. Sorry if I have already mentioned this in the past.

My parents have taken my older two for the day which was nice. So hope everyone has a good day. I will be MIA.

Jen
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #1365
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Heather:Wow....how nice a birthday surprise for her! Sounds great!

Candace: congrats on PIF!

Just popping in, DD4 is sick. Had her at the hospital this morning as she was very listless, couldn't focus, glazed eyes, and crying that her stomach was really really hurting her. She then vomited all over the place at the hospital. Nurses said she is still fighting off what she had a couple of days ago.
I am just paranoid about stomach problems, my friends son died at 6 years old from a twisted bowel, and ever since then I am extremely nervous. Sorry if I have already mentioned this in the past.

My parents have taken my older two for the day which was nice. So hope everyone has a good day. I will be MIA.

Jen
Jen sorry your little princess is sick!! There's a wicked stomach bug in our area. I worked new year's day and 9 out of 10 of my patients had it..not to mention the staff now!! You can NEVER be to careful! Hope she's better soon
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.