Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #16
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisnKim913 View Post
Yea it would be nice to add on to Pixar Place, whether its a cars land or some pieces from it and a Monsters inc./Rattatoule (sorry for spelling lol) coaster. It's such a shame b/c I really do enjoy this park. I just hate always having to sit down and watch a show... I want rides!! Don't get me wrong... a few shows are nice, but 6 is a little much (7 if you want to count Jack Sparrow).

Of course DHS could use one or two more quality rides (the Monsters Inc roller coaster has always seemed like a no-brainer), although I don't mind that it is mostly shows. What I do have an issue with is how they schedule the shows. It's awful. It's almost never possible to go straight from one show to another. So it makes scheduling your day very difficult and you end up with too much "dead time" waiting for the next show time where it is not long enough to do a ride in between and make it to the next show on time but too much time to just head over the show. [this is usually where someone chimes in saying that this is probably by design to give people that down time to browse shops and spend money]

My other big probelm with DHS is the lousy layout. The other 3 parks have a symmetrical/circular design that's easy to navigate. At DHS, you seem to do a lot of zig-zagging and backtracking.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #17
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

I was just thinking about that a few weeks ago. We were walking around HS and I was thinking " who's the genius who designed the layout of this place?"
ChrisnKim913 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #18
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

love the aerosmith ride, but HATE the aerosmith theme LOL if that makes sense

To me Id keep Hollywood studios basically the same but add

1. Star Wars Land ( maybe replace the Indiana Jones show )
2. Cars Land ( definitely replace the stunt car show )
3. Pixar Place addition ( Monster Inc Ride )

That is a lot of change of course but I like the rest to be honest and would like to keep it as is.

But this place BADLY needs the 3 things or something like it , for me to ever go back again
jamarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #19
Birdman1511
Don't listen to that guy. He's trying to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'm gonna lead you down the path that *rocks*.

A Star Wars land would be so awesome!!! I would love to see this But like PPs have said, you'd have to get rid of Indiana Jones, and probably clear out other areas just to make room for it. Thats the unfortunate part, theres just no room to really expand around Star Tours, unless there's areas behind it I don't know about?

1990-Offiste1992-Dixie Landings1994-Polynesian1996-Grand Floridian1998-Grand Floridian2001-All Star Movies2005-Polynesian 2007-Officially moved in with the mouse!! 2009-CBR
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars
Birdman1511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #20
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

how about that whole area including the pond ( Echo Lake ) and surrounding area ? Fill the Pond in take out/replace Indiana Jones, the restaurant in between it and Star Tours, sounds dangerous, ect ect. A nice and pretty big star wars Land could fit in rather nicely there
Old 01-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #21
Birdman1511
Don't listen to that guy. He's trying to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'm gonna lead you down the path that *rocks*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamarmiller View Post
how about that whole area including the pond ( Echo Lake ) and surrounding area ? Fill the Pond in take out/replace Indiana Jones, the restaurant in between it and Star Tours, sounds dangerous, ect ect. A nice and pretty big star wars Land could fit in rather nicely there
Thats a great idea, but what would you do about 50's prime time and hollywood and vine?

1990-Offiste1992-Dixie Landings1994-Polynesian1996-Grand Floridian1998-Grand Floridian2001-All Star Movies2005-Polynesian 2007-Officially moved in with the mouse!! 2009-CBR
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars
Old 01-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #22
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman1511 View Post
Thats a great idea, but what would you do about 50's prime time and hollywood and vine?
In my opinion Two restaurants are easily replaceable or movable. So tear them down or put something else in them like a star wars store or even a star Wars themed Restaurant ( Catina ? ) . I have only ate at them both ONCE so no big loss for me buut if they are super popular amount guest ( I have no idea if they are or not ) then just move them to a new location.

The whole area really would be great for a Star Wars Land IMVHO

and it gives plenty of room and its far enough away for Carsland !
Old 01-04-2013, 05:15 AM   #23
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't think you would have to touch Hollywood & Vine and 50's. I say start at Indiana Jones, retheme the Backlot Express to say the "Cantina", and add an attraction into the old "Sounds Dangerous" building.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #24
shyeyes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa7287 View Post
Sadly, part of Disney's deal when they bought Marvel was that they couldn't use any of the characters that Universal is using in any way in their Florida parks. There was mention a while back of Innoventions being rethemed as the Stark Expo, and I'm not sure if that's still happening or not, but you will never see Spiderman, X-Men, Hulk, etc in Disney World unless Universal suddenly decided to change over the 2nd most popular part of their entire Theme Park, which they have no real reason to do.
ahh - i knew there was probably some catch.

stark expo would fit PERFECTION with epcot. when the footages of stark expo was shown in iron man 2, i couldn't help but to think of epcot.

i will keep dreaming that a stark expo will come true. thanks for the info!
shyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #25
Birdman1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamarmiller View Post
In my opinion Two restaurants are easily replaceable or movable. So tear them down or put something else in them like a star wars store or even a star Wars themed Restaurant ( Catina ? ) . I have only ate at them both ONCE so no big loss for me buut if they are super popular amount guest ( I have no idea if they are or not ) then just move them to a new location.

The whole area really would be great for a Star Wars Land IMVHO

and it gives plenty of room and its far enough away for Carsland !
In all honesty, I really like this whole idea/concept. I mean, IMO, I could too do away with both H&V and 50's Prime Time. As fun and unique as 50's PT is, I would much rather see like a Cantina or Dex's Diner type of place to go along with Star Wars Land. And like you said, they're also easily movable. The only issue would be a lot of people would probably complain about 50's PT being moved/removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisnKim913 View Post
I wouldn't think you would have to touch Hollywood & Vine and 50's. I say start at Indiana Jones, retheme the Backlot Express to say the "Cantina", and add an attraction into the old "Sounds Dangerous" building.
While thats true, I just wonder if it would feel too compact to be an actual land. i think you'd need more space

Old 01-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #26
ASteelersMidget
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyeyes View Post
ahh - i knew there was probably some catch.

stark expo would fit PERFECTION with epcot. when the footages of stark expo was shown in iron man 2, i couldn't help but to think of epcot.

i will keep dreaming that a stark expo will come true. thanks for the info!
Just because i'm not sure it was totally clear. Disney can't use any Character being used at Universal or other characters in the marvel family.

So No Avengers, Fantastic Four, or X-Men.

"The same thing we try to every night Ferb!

Try to take over the world!!!!"

The Phineas, the Phineas and the Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb.

ASteelersMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #27
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

Correct. From my understanding can't use current characters they use in their park... Pretty cool to see your in Rochester, NY. I'm from there.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #28
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner

I thought they reported on one of the recent Dis podcasts that there are plans (a confirmed date?) to tear down "Lights, Motors, Action!" to make room for Cars Land. Anyone else hear this or am I just making stuff up?

MapleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #29
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

I've heard it but only as speculation. I really have a feeling Carsland will be exclusive to DL.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #30
ASteelersMidget
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleGirl View Post
I thought they reported on one of the recent Dis podcasts that there are plans (a confirmed date?) to tear down "Lights, Motors, Action!" to make room for Cars Land. Anyone else hear this or am I just making stuff up?
It was nothing more than speculation and propelling a rumor...

"The same thing we try to every night Ferb!

Try to take over the world!!!!"

The Phineas, the Phineas and the Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb.

ASteelersMidget is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: