Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #241
bmo
Earning My Ears

I've been entering everyday now, and I'm planning to enter everyday this entire month. I'm literally bursting with excitement

maybe this will be my lucky year?

and to the winner, congrats! Have fun!
bmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #242
camsmama
"One More Disney Day" Sweepstakes winner 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariLL View Post
Congratulations! Just curious, does anyone know if you are allowed to add on to a trip, if won? Such as extra people and/or extra days. Paying the difference out of pocket. thanks.
Yes, you can add additional days and/or people at your expense. We live in Florida and went to DL for our OMDD trip last year. We stayed an additional week in California and did other things since we had never been out there.

WDW - Too many times to count since we live so close
DL - OMDD Trip Grand Californian - August 2012 (first time to DL & California)
camsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #243
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

I think I asked earlier on this thread but didn't see an answer. Approx. how much would you expect taxes to be? Just curious as I've never won anything. I believe it said the valuation of the trip was $5-$7k, so approx. how much would one have to pay on that?
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
TJDisneymama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #244
camsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
I think I asked earlier on this thread but didn't see an answer. Approx. how much would you expect taxes to be? Just curious as I've never won anything. I believe it said the valuation of the trip was $5-$7k, so approx. how much would one have to pay on that?
Taxes will vary because it's based on your yearly income and tax bracket. There really isn't a "right" answer to your question.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #245
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
Taxes will be about 1/3 of the total. One thing to watch is that the value of the trip is figured at the lowest possible rates. So, if you go when a 25% off rate is available for the resort, have them use the lower figure for your 1099 and not the rack rate. But you pretty much need to know to ask for this. They don't just give you the lowest numbers. (I'm no expert and I've never won a big prize but learned the hard way on a little prize I did win. I should have asked for a revised 1099 and didn't. SweepsAdvantage is good place to go for sweeping info, also there is an about.com site with good info.)
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #246
Karabee
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your win!!

Make sure to tell us what you pick - we're all daydreaming so we can live through you for now

Places checked off the hotel list : Poly, Poly CL, SSR, BC, DI, AKL, OKW, GF, WL, CBR, POR, POP
Karabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #247
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Taxes will be about 1/3 of the total. One thing to watch is that the value of the trip is figured at the lowest possible rates. So, if you go when a 25% off rate is available for the resort, have them use the lower figure for your 1099 and not the rack rate. But you pretty much need to know .)
thanks, that's what I was wondering. I know it varies based on tax bracket, I was just wondering what the ballpark % was. I had no idea you could ask them to change the value -- good to know!
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
TJDisneymama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #248
suevr
One More Disney Day Sweepstakes Winner :)

Congratulations on your win! Winning OMDD last year was so exciting and we had an amazing trip!

Once you return your affidavit you should get an e-mail from your contact at Ventura pretty quickly verifying you as a winner. If it's anything like the contest last year, we had to wait until the entire contest was over to hear anything from Disney. It was agonizing waiting to hear the details. There were blackout dates for our trips and we had to stay over a Saturday night. You should be able to choose from a deluxe resort and if you wanted to stay longer you should be able to do that, by paying out of pocket of course. They even offered us discounted room rates.

Have you decided which add on package you'll choose? Congratulations again!
~ July~ Disneyland Hotel~ One More Disney Day Sweepstakes trip
2011~ January, May, October~ Fort Wilderness Campground
2010~ May, October~ Fort Wilderness Campground
2009~ October~ Fort Wilderness Cabins
suevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #249
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantu View Post
The first call was at 11:30, then 1:30

On the entries, I guess we can read it different ways, I wont comment on it again.

Did any of last years winners stay at the Beach Club or go during Star Wars Weekends?

I have all my paperwork to send in now and my fedex label, so it will be a hurry up and wait.

Thanks again everyone!
None of us OMDDers stayed at the Beach Club that I know of, however I am staying at the Yacht Club for a portion of our OMDD trip, which is in two weeks..... (we added on an additional 2 days to our trip & are doing a split stay - I asked my Disney rep for Beach OR Yacht for my add-on, and she gave me Yacht).
p.s. I just started our (pre)trip report today, see below

Congrats again! It's all very exciting!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #250
camsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvjen777

None of us OMDDers stayed at the Beach Club that I know of, however I am staying at the Yacht Club for a portion of our OMDD trip, which is in two weeks..... (we added on an additional 2 days to our trip & are doing a split stay - I asked my Disney rep for Beach OR Yacht for my add-on, and she gave me Yacht).
p.s. I just started our (pre)trip report today, see below

Congrats again! It's all very exciting!
We had one winner who went during Star Wars Weekend and really enjoyed it. We did not have anyone stay at the Yacht or Beach Club as their resort choice.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #251
zain2006
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gantu View Post
i'm still speachless, but i won!

Disney parks " disney time" sweepstakes/jan 2

i got a phone call today and that how i found out!
Call came from 212 area code.

Any advice from last years winners?
congratulation
Old 01-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #252
triplejen
DIS Veteran

Ugh - this morning I filled out DH's entry for him and entered, then hit the "back" button to fill out mine. (I was being lazy and saving myself the trouble of entering our address info all over again.)

I changed the gender from male to female, changed the name, phone number and e-mail address from his to mine, left the mailing address the same and hit "enter."

Then realized I had not updated the birthday from his to mine.

On every other day, I am sure that I will not win and that entering is just a fun thing to do to fantasize for a minute about how cool winning would be. ON THIS day, I am sure that I WILL win - and then promptly be disqualified for having the wrong birthday. Boo Hoo!

August 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
August 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter

February 2012 - Hard Rock Hotel (Universal only - shhhhh!)
August 2011 - Beach Club
March 2011 - All Star Sports (ESPN the Weekend)
December 2010 - Polynesian (MVMCP)
August 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort / Beach Club
February 2010 - All Star Sports (ESPN the Weekend)
August 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort
triplejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #253
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantu View Post

Did any of last years winners stay at the Beach Club or go during Star Wars Weekends?

I have all my paperwork to send in now and my fedex label, so it will be a hurry up and wait.

Thanks again everyone!
Congrats on your win!!!

If you are considering the Beach Club (and I seriously think you should), I invite you visit the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ thread. There's lots of info about the resort and pictures on the first page of the thread.

You can click on the link in my signature to get there.

Dee
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #254
leelee9878
DIS Veteran

Just did my daily entries, I have been entering for my boyfriend and he will probably end up winning. It takes a lot for him to get excited about something and even show it, I said he will win and be the least enthusiastic person they call. He would be like "oh ok, cool" meanwhile I would be screaming, jumping, crying, etc. LOL
March 2009- Suprise Parents at Disney - SSR
December 2009- Crazy Family Trip #1 AKV Kidani
May 2010- Disney Magic, 11 Night Med Cruise
September 2010- Last Minute Birthday Surprise BWV & BLT
November 2010- Disney Wonder, 3 Night Bahamas Cruise
December 2010- Crazy Family Trip#2 BCV
November 2011- Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas Cruise & SSR
December 2011 - Last Min Trip - OKW
January 2012 - Hawaii - Aulani!!!
leelee9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #255
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee9878 View Post
Just did my daily entries, I have been entering for my boyfriend and he will probably end up winning. It takes a lot for him to get excited about something and even show it, I said he will win and be the least enthusiastic person they call. He would be like "oh ok, cool" meanwhile I would be screaming, jumping, crying, etc. LOL
...same here, but with my DH....must be a 'Jersey guy' thing.... [ ]
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: