Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
zpbarn01
Earning My Ears
 
zpbarn01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 68

Question about vacation package changes

I just booked a package 5 nights at POP with 5 day tickets your way park hopper. I have only booked hotel only before and always paid the $200 deposit and paid the rest when I arrived. I failed to notice the must pay 45 days in advance before I submitted the reservation on vacation packages. The amount says due Jan 22 and will be impossible for me to do by then. My question is, has anyone switched a package to room only and just transferred the deposit to that reservation? Is there a fee ? Tried to call tonight but after 45 minutes waiting I will just have to try tomorrow. Thanks for any help...stressing a bit over here.
zpbarn01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way
 
TigrLvsPooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,114

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpbarn01 View Post
I just booked a package 5 nights at POP with 5 day tickets your way park hopper. I have only booked hotel only before and always paid the $200 deposit and paid the rest when I arrived. I failed to notice the must pay 45 days in advance before I submitted the reservation on vacation packages. The amount says due Jan 22 and will be impossible for me to do by then. My question is, has anyone switched a package to room only and just transferred the deposit to that reservation? Is there a fee ? Tried to call tonight but after 45 minutes waiting I will just have to try tomorrow. Thanks for any help...stressing a bit over here.
Yep, you always have to pay in full at the 45 day mark. Only room only reservations can be paid at check-in. You would have to cancel the package and get a refund of your $200, then book your room-only reservation as a new reservation. They won't transfer the $200 or apply it to anything else. Same goes for canceling a room only, they won't apply that money towards a package. It has to stay separate. Good luck!
__________________
Erika Murphy
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
Live from the WL CL for Christmas!!! Come join the fun: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52762897
TigrLvsPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
momto3boysillbe
Mouseketeer
 
momto3boysillbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
Posts: 183

I was wondering the same thing actually. When the package is cancelled will you be able to turn around and book that same room as a room only? Or are you only allowed to take what else is available?
momto3boysillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #4
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)
 
minnie mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WAY too far north
Posts: 12,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3boysillbe View Post
I was wondering the same thing actually. When the package is cancelled will you be able to turn around and book that same room as a room only? Or are you only allowed to take what else is available?
The same room? Probably not. These aren't specific rooms, simply one of a number of rooms that is blocked out for the special offer. When you rebook, you would book a room that is not allocated for the special offer.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
momto3boysillbe
Mouseketeer
 
momto3boysillbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
Posts: 183

Thank you. I guess I could have been a little more specific. Ha. Our situation is that when we booked our 2 bedroom villa at Beach Club with my mom we weren't totally prepared for the total payoff date. It was months ago and didn't realize it would be here so soon I suppose. We just booked the package and put down the $200 deposit thinking it wouldn't be a big deal if we needed to cancel. I just pulled up the confirmation she sent me and the payoff is due the first week of February and she said she wouldn't have their full amount by then and I'm not thinking I will either. It's Easter week so the rates are so high! So, being that the Beach Club currently has no availability, if we were to call and want to switch to a room only offer to pay the one night up front and the remaining days upon check in, our reservation for the villa will be cancelled and then what? If there are no other villas available then do we just have to look at other resorts or will the rep be able to book the 2 bedroom villa that we just had to cancel. Sorry so long, just trying to prepare myself for the options or choices we might have to make.
momto3boysillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way
 
TigrLvsPooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,114

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3boysillbe View Post
Thank you. I guess I could have been a little more specific. Ha. Our situation is that when we booked our 2 bedroom villa at Beach Club with my mom we weren't totally prepared for the total payoff date. It was months ago and didn't realize it would be here so soon I suppose. We just booked the package and put down the $200 deposit thinking it wouldn't be a big deal if we needed to cancel. I just pulled up the confirmation she sent me and the payoff is due the first week of February and she said she wouldn't have their full amount by then and I'm not thinking I will either. It's Easter week so the rates are so high! So, being that the Beach Club currently has no availability, if we were to call and want to switch to a room only offer to pay the one night up front and the remaining days upon check in, our reservation for the villa will be cancelled and then what? If there are no other villas available then do we just have to look at other resorts or will the rep be able to book the 2 bedroom villa that we just had to cancel. Sorry so long, just trying to prepare myself for the options or choices we might have to make.
Sadly it doesn't work like that. As soon as the package is canceled it will be gone. Your best bet is to keep calling every day and try to make a brand new room-only reservation (have to pay a one night deposit) .... then as soon as you book that you can cancel the package (before the 45 day mark) and start the refund process. It can take some time though to get the $200 back, so be aware of that, but I wouldn't cancel the package until you have a new confirmed reservation. You don't want to be caught with no room at all. Have you considered booking 2 rooms at the BC? Or a 2 bedroom at OKW or SSR might still be available. Those 2 bedroom villas at Boardwalk are tough to come by. Good luck!
__________________
Erika Murphy
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
Live from the WL CL for Christmas!!! Come join the fun: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52762897
TigrLvsPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
momto3boysillbe
Mouseketeer
 
momto3boysillbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
Posts: 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
Sadly it doesn't work like that. As soon as the package is canceled it will be gone. Your best bet is to keep calling every day and try to make a brand new room-only reservation (have to pay a one night deposit) .... then as soon as you book that you can cancel the package (before the 45 day mark) and start the refund process. It can take some time though to get the $200 back, so be aware of that, but I wouldn't cancel the package until you have a new confirmed reservation. You don't want to be caught with no room at all. Have you considered booking 2 rooms at the BC? Or a 2 bedroom at OKW or SSR might still be available. Those 2 bedroom villas at Boardwalk are tough to come by. Good luck!
Thank you for your help. I had a feeling it would be a big deal to try and get exactly what we had back if we had to cancel. I did look last night and there were some deluxe studios left so that is an option if we could get two. The one bedrooms were still available too but we'd still have to get 2 of them and it would end up costing more than the 2 bedroom which was already really expensive for that week. So, there was a 2 bedroom at OKW and BLT and one of the AK villas. There are still some options out there but everyone wanted to try the beach club this year so I'm not sure. I know we'll be going back soon and can try again but my parents don't go as often so it might be a while before we were to try BC again with them. After the sticker shock from the balance due though I'm thinking POR is looking like a nice affordable option! Thanks again!
momto3boysillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
SharonZ
DIS Veteran
 
SharonZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 777

I don't know if this will help your situation or not - you can always reduce the tickets on the package to the minimum amount, non-park-hopper and then upgrade the tickets when you arrive. Sometimes, this saving is enough for you to be able to pay your package off at the 45-day mark.
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #9
kck182
Mouseketeer
 
kck182's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 82

Also it doesn't get cancelled till the 30 day mark. Things come up. Keep in mind though changes made within the 45 day window can mean fees. Like loosing trip insurance or your deposit.
Good Luck!
__________________
All Star Movies 9/2006All Star Music 9/2007
Port Orleans French Quarter 9/2008
Disney Magic 5/2009
Pop Century 10/2009
Animal Kingdom Lodge 5/2010 Pregnant
2011 Easter Trip Baby's 1st Trip
2011 All Star Sports My Baby's 1st Birthday
2012 Carribean Beach, Grand Floridian at Christmas
2013 Wilderness Lodge Easter
Me DH DS6 DD9Months
kck182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #10
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpbarn01 View Post
I just booked a package 5 nights at POP with 5 day tickets your way park hopper. I have only booked hotel only before and always paid the $200 deposit and paid the rest when I arrived. I failed to notice the must pay 45 days in advance before I submitted the reservation on vacation packages. The amount says due Jan 22 and will be impossible for me to do by then. My question is, has anyone switched a package to room only and just transferred the deposit to that reservation? Is there a fee ? Tried to call tonight but after 45 minutes waiting I will just have to try tomorrow. Thanks for any help...stressing a bit over here.
As others have said, the package would have to be cancelled/refunded and a room only booked, requiring a new deposit equal to 1 night room rate + tax, with the balance due at check in. Room only reservations and packages are separate booking systems, so money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3boysillbe View Post
Thank you. I guess I could have been a little more specific. Ha. Our situation is that when we booked our 2 bedroom villa at Beach Club with my mom we weren't totally prepared for the total payoff date. It was months ago and didn't realize it would be here so soon I suppose. We just booked the package and put down the $200 deposit thinking it wouldn't be a big deal if we needed to cancel. I just pulled up the confirmation she sent me and the payoff is due the first week of February and she said she wouldn't have their full amount by then and I'm not thinking I will either. It's Easter week so the rates are so high! So, being that the Beach Club currently has no availability, if we were to call and want to switch to a room only offer to pay the one night up front and the remaining days upon check in, our reservation for the villa will be cancelled and then what? If there are no other villas available then do we just have to look at other resorts or will the rep be able to book the 2 bedroom villa that we just had to cancel. Sorry so long, just trying to prepare myself for the options or choices we might have to make.
I would call and ask to speak with someone in guest services before cancelling what you have. Guest services should be able to help you change from a package to room only without losing the 2 bedroom villa. I have done this before with no problems, so I would give that a try before cancelling and not being able to get back what you have/want. Good luck.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #11
zpbarn01
Earning My Ears
 
zpbarn01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonZ
I don't know if this will help your situation or not - you can always reduce the tickets on the package to the minimum amount, non-park-hopper and then upgrade the tickets when you arrive. Sometimes, this saving is enough for you to be able to pay your package off at the 45-day mark.
That's actually a really good idea. Thanks.
zpbarn01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #12
momto3boysillbe
Mouseketeer
 
momto3boysillbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
Posts: 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I would call and ask to speak with someone in guest services before cancelling what you have. Guest services should be able to help you change from a package to room only without losing the 2 bedroom villa. I have done this before with no problems, so I would give that a try before cancelling and not being able to get back what you have/want. Good luck.
Well that does sound promising. Thanks for your input!
momto3boysillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #13
zpbarn01
Earning My Ears
 
zpbarn01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 68

Got my refund no problem. Won't make that mistake again. Thanks guys
zpbarn01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #14
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3boysillbe View Post
Well that does sound promising. Thanks for your input!
Good luck. I hope everything works out for you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpbarn01 View Post
Got my refund no problem. Won't make that mistake again. Thanks guys
Glad everything worked out .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.