Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
princess-rn
"Why, it's like a dream. A wonderful dream come true"

CRO...blackout dates???

Ok..so I held for an hour again to talk to an agent at CRO. I first tried to call when it was released early as a Disney Visa exclusive. At that time they told me I would have to rebook 6 nights with the discount package THEN book a room only for the last day. (This would only save us a little over $200 but would take away our tickets and dining for the last day..so it really wouldn't save us anything.) I called back today in hopes that now since it's public it would be different. THIS time I was told our entire stay is during a black out period (from mid april until the beginning of June)????? WTH?? CM also said we already had a discount applied to our ressie anyway. again..WTH?? I recheck our reservations and we do not have a discount code applied. If you booked the same thing today without the spring discount it would be the same price. Secondly, I went only and booked the spring discount package for my same travel dates, resort, etc and it would allow me to book it and it was about $172 cheaper than what we are currently paying. It's only $172..but at least that's something...but I call CRO and we are "blacked out"??

Why all the inconsistencies?? I've NEVER had this problem with Disney before.....

On the upside...We thankfully have the money to pay the rack rate but I was really really hoping for a discount....
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
princess-rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

I've been on hold, STILL on hold, for 43 minutes but I went ahead and booked online to see if the price was cheaper for my dates, which it was but only $80. Now still on hold to cancel my old ressie.
I am staying at CBR from March 22-28. I needed to stay at that resort since my ds is playing baseball at WWoS and that is where he/team is staying.
I needed room only.
Try to look online and also go to mousesavers to look since they show blackout dates (I think they started March 23 but double check).
There is a LOONG thread under the Discounts on the top of this page that begins...Ladies and Gentlemen this is the new discount.....(or something like that).

Good luck.
js is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: