Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #1591
gr8tdame
Enchanted

We are at WDW now through Jan 12. Same mugs as last year.... No new ones to be seen. Told by guest services when the new mugs come out they will have RFID chips like the KTW ( key to the world) cards and they don't think the new mugs will be available until the resort has changed the drink dispensers. Btw we are at POFQ?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Nov1-15 2014 CBR, Jan 2-14 2013 POFQ, Jan 7 - Jan 17 2012 POR, Sept 28- Oct 5 2011 POR, Sept 18 -Oct 2.2010POR,Sept 18-Oct 3 2009 GF and POR,:Sept 20 -Oct 4,2008 POR ,2007 CSR,2004 GF, 2002 Hard rock,2000 POLY,1999 DTD,1998 GF, 1997 DTD, 1995 ASMU and off site,1990 GF,1989 POLY,1987 CR,1985 GF,1977 offsite,1976 offsite
gr8tdame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #1592
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8tdame
We are at WDW now through Jan 12. Same mugs as last year.... No new ones to be seen. Told by guest services when the new mugs come out they will have RFID chips like the KTW ( key to the world) cards and they don't think the new mugs will be available until the resort has changed the drink dispensers. Btw we are at POFQ?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
So THAT'S pretty interesting news. ! !

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #1593
Gupbrat
Earning My Ears

picture?

Can someone take a pic of what is the current mug? I think we have them from 2 yrs ago and are going to CBR on 1/31 and hope it' s something different!

CBR- Jan 31- Feb 5, 2013 (myself, DH, DS 21, DS 16) plus 2 other families!
POP- March 15-20, 2011 (myself, DH, DS 13)
OKW- Mother's Day Trip May 8-12, 2010 (myself and sister)
POR- Feb 13-20, 2009 (myself, DH, DS,17, DS,11)
Boardwalk Villas- Sept 25-30, 2008 (3 sisters, younger DS, and 2 DN's)
Boardwalk Villas March 10-14 2006 (younger DS, sister, DN, best friend)
AsSports-OKW- March 2005 (whole family)
AKL- Nov 13-17, 2002 (DH and I, 10th anniversary)
OKW& AsSports - Oct 2001 (whole family)
OKW- Nov 1999 (myself, DH, oldest DS)
Coronado Springs- Jan 1998 (1st trip with 3 sisters)
Gupbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #1594
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupbrat View Post
Can someone take a pic of what is the current mug? I think we have them from 2 yrs ago and are going to CBR on 1/31 and hope it' s something different!
The current mugs look like this:

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #1595
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

I have several of these refillable cups!

I have several of these cups. LOL! Do you know if the chips in the cup will limit the time between your refills like other places I have used them. I guess that would be the reason..

Last edited by Southern Bell; 01-04-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:45 AM   #1596
consumermonkey
Mouseketeer

Yep, from the previous test, it appears it will have a time limit between refils and of course tie the mug to the resort and length of stay. Preventing those who see the rules as not applying to them, braking them anymore.

consumermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #1597
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

if there is a time limit...that is so stupid..
My husband, when it is HOT out and we have just come back from the parks. He fills it up and then drinks it down and then fills it up again to take back to the room....
SO a time limit is just not really smart in my opinion..

If this happens I am sure my husband will do some complaining to the management ..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #1598
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by consumermonkey View Post
Yep, from the previous test, it appears it will have a time limit between refils and of course tie the mug to the resort and length of stay. Preventing those who see the rules as not applying to them, braking them anymore.
I am not breaking the rules by using my mug on my vacation. I f I choose to do a split stay, throwing in a more expensive resort for a few days, I am STILL on my single disney vacation.. (this is mentioned in the sticky, and it says No debate).

If they were to do this, I would simply go to management with my mug, and my receipt and my reservation sheet, showing them I am still on my single Disney vacation, and I have no doubt they will exchange my mug.

we have often stayed at 3 dif. resorts in ONE trip! no way Disney expects you to buy, say 4 mugs at one resort, than 4 at another and 4 at a third, thus purchasing 12 mugs in one trip.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #1599
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
I am not breaking the rules by using my mug on my vacation. I f I choose to do a split stay, throwing in a more expensive resort for a few days, I am STILL on my single disney vacation.. (this is mentioned in the sticky, and it says No debate).

If they were to do this, I would simply go to management with my mug, and my receipt and my reservation sheet, showing them I am still on my single Disney vacation, and I have no doubt they will exchange my mug.

we have often stayed at 3 dif. resorts in ONE trip! no way Disney expects you to buy, say 4 mugs at one resort, than 4 at another and 4 at a third, thus purchasing 12 mugs in one trip.
I am with you on this! As long as you can show Disney you are still on the same vacation, I am sure they will honor the mugs purchased at the beginning of the stay no matter how how many times resorts are switched (we stayed in three different resorts one trip).

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #1600
seadd67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by consumermonkey View Post
I am so bummed, I like the refill station as Is,I like going into refill on the way and coming off the buses. I am one of those persons that will drink a couple cups before refilling it before i go out. We stay at POP so its pretty easy to do. To bad Disney could not f did this easier. I wonder In the big picture, if they make any money off this or do they really lose that much to go through all this.
Oh well I guess i will be force to go look around the shop between refills, what a bummer i get to look loo see what I can buy.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #1601
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.

I believe it will put a limit between fills say 10 min and also limit u to your resort. But you can't put much in the mugs so don't drink anything hot or your in trouble.
But the have a fridge in the rooms, so next trip I'm taking plenty of bottled water since and SWA lets you have to checked bags and I was told you. Can check water.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
*Plus Three Times Off Site, before I knew better.
My Disney Blog
http://www.interplantarypodcast.blogspot.com

T

mjperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #1602
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjperry View Post
I believe it will put a limit between fills say 10 min and also limit u to your resort.
When they did the test at ASSp back in 2011, the time limit between fills was 5 minutes, and actually the timer started as soon as the guest started filling the mug. (In other words, once you pressed the button to start the fill, that's when the timer started.) My understanding for the reason for this was to discourage people from using mugs to fill up a larger container.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #1603
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

What happens when u use ur cup for soda and its really flat? Normally we would just pour out and get something different but if they go to this then your out of luck.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:37 AM   #1604
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

How did the rfid chip work I wonder with a cup that was purchased vs a refillable ( which one could argue is not unlimited now but time limited ) ? Was it a separate machine? At the moment you pay at the cashier and just take a paper cup and fill it up and go but how would this activate without a chip? The mind boggles at how the two systems would operate side by side.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:49 AM   #1605
consumermonkey
Mouseketeer

OK, calm y'all, BREATH.

Have a search around here for the RFID tests they did a while back. I think the delay between drinks is about 5 mins. Not good if you gulp down in one, but ok for the majority.

The RFID tag isn't as basic as a bar-code. If you have split-stay, it will possibly have the details in the tag, so when you finnish your first stay, your second resort would become your soda-base.

RFID isn't there to make life difficult for the majority of honest regular users of the facility. It is there to stop those using it AGAINST the rules. If you are within the rules, you shouldn't have much to worry about...

... Appart from WDW knowing which cups are asigned to which rooms, how much each cup is used, where it is used and which cups are used to try and abuse the system...

RFID is your friend

consumermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: