Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #1051
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengalB4 View Post
How late is the Mom's night out special available in the foodcourt?
The Specialty area, which has the Mom's night out specials closes at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by thej View Post
[Thanks! While AoA looks cool, I could stay at PoP every visit, and always be happy. The discount just makes it that much easier
And you do get the best of both...POP where you know you are happy and get the discount AND the ability to walk over and eat at AOA, and explore the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allieran3 View Post
I have stayed at Pop twice now and loved it. Very clean, great mousekeeper, get front desk staff.
Agreed!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #1052
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Interesting, this is the first I've ever read that All Stars and Pop food courts are not run by Disney itself. Anyone have more info on this?
jcarwash, for me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thej View Post
I have to say that PoP is the one Disney resort we've stayed at where we've never had a single housekeeping issue. They were always fast, efficient, and complete. We even stayed there over New Year's last year.

That said, YMMV and around the holidays, the guest load goes up, plus there are more seasonal employees working. That seems to increase the likelihood of running into an issue. Our biggest problem occurred during the holidays at CSR.... and was clearly related to the individual that worked our room for a few days. Occasionally you are going to get somebody who is not up to keeping to the Disney standard, or just has a bad day.

In any case I wouldn't let those few reviews taint your excitement for PoP.
You make a good observation about the seasonal time, and increased staff which could lead to possible issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I can't believe that when I posted that I was off by one day! Anyway I'll be there Monday night! See you Wednesday morning!!!
Must be jet lag in advance. See you Wed AM!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #1053
gardengalB4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
The Specialty area, which has the Mom's night out specials closes at 10pm
Thanks Janet!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #1054
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Interesting, this is the first I've ever read that All Stars and Pop food courts are not run by Disney itself. Anyone have more info on this?
This is news to me. I thought Pepper Market was the only food court not owned and operated by Disney.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #1055
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! *wave*

I've stayed at POP I think 3 or 4 times and its by far my favourite resort. Last time was last Feb and I'm heading back next month on a solo trip to run the Princess 1/2 Marathon. So excited!

My question for those who have been there recently is about the drink selection in the cafeteria. I know they used to have the slushies machines which was wonderful to get a coke slushie at the end of a long hot day. I don't see it listed in the drinks section at the beginning of this thread. Are the slushies gone? I hope not!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 01-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #1056
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

We checked in to Pop yesteday just before noon. We are in the 70's in the court with the giant foosball, big wheel and the Mickey phone. We ate in the food court yesterday for lunch before heading to MK for a couple of hours before leaving for GF and 1900PF for dinner. We enjoyed the character interaction but neither of us ate much due to not feeling well. We've both been very recently sick with really bad colds. We enjoyed the castle show after a few rides and then left right after fireworks. Decided to forgo an early arrival at Epcot and let DS sleep late. Well, we've been in the room ever since because he threw up and was feverish. Just in the last hour has he started to perk up. Hoping we'll make it to DHS tomorrow.

Housekeeping was helpful as I had to strip the entire bed.
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #1057
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
This is news to me. I thought Pepper Market was the only food court not owned and operated by Disney.
You are correct, Everything POP and the food courts at the All-Stars are owned by Disney. Don't know where the PP got the idea that they aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Hi everyone! *wave*

I've stayed at POP I think 3 or 4 times and its by far my favourite resort. Last time was last Feb and I'm heading back next month on a solo trip to run the Princess 1/2 Marathon. So excited!

My question for those who have been there recently is about the drink selection in the cafeteria. I know they used to have the slushies machines which was wonderful to get a coke slushie at the end of a long hot day. I don't see it listed in the drinks section at the beginning of this thread. Are the slushies gone? I hope not!
Sorry, slushies have been gone for a couple years.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 01-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #1058
mickeysmith
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengalB4 View Post
How late is the Mom's night out special available in the foodcourt?
What is the Mom's night out special?? Sounds interesting!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #1059
CleKait
Disney World is my happy place.

My grandma and I will be staying at Pop at the end of the month!! She's excited for Harry Potter at Universal and I'm just excited to be back at Disney World!

Can't wait to check out Pop!!
Pop Century Jan '13
Epcot for the day March '11
Port Orleans Riverside May '08
Wilderness Lodge Feb '03
Off-Site March '97

Old 01-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #1060
cerberus
"If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise."

This will be our first POP stay, we usually stay at Movies but really wanted to try a different place. We have always booked preferred, but never a specific section. Since we are driving this year, we would like to be close to parking as well as the Classic Hall. After reading through many posts it looks like the 70s would be best.

How often do you really get requests? We do not cafre if we are on the front or backside, but should we book preferred to help our chance?

Also I have seen a couple of mentions about different building in the 70s, are both close to parking and the Classic Hall?

Thank you all for your help!!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #1061
Salrx95
Mouseketeer

We are doing a split stay to save money, checking into AoA cars suite for the first 2 nights and then over to POP for the other 5 nights.

I am wondering: I know Disney will move your stuff. Is that recommended usually by all of you?? We will have our car so we thought we'd just leave most of the stuff in the car and bring only what we need into AoA, packing a separate bag for those first 2 nights only.

Thanks.

BTW, I've read mostly good reviews going thru this thread and am excited for our stay. We chose PoP specifically so we can walk over this bridge and still spend lots of time at AoA with the "Cars". "Cars" has been such a big part our boys lives for 5 years and they will have grown out of it by our next trip so we are doing it this time.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #1062
robinstrip
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the replies about the rooms being clean! I'd rather hear opinions from the experts. Speaking of which, I will be staying in just a standard room and just requested near busses or main building. I looked at the map on the first pages. Is there only one place to get on the busses (right out side the main building) or are there other bus stops within POP? If there's only one, can someone recommend a good building to ask for? It will just be me and my 5 year old DS on this trip. I don't care about pool view as I would prefer it to be quieter but I also don't want a long walk after being in the park all day. Thanks so much for everyone's help. This thread has so many helpful people!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #1063
cindymindy
Earning My Ears

Ok, after reading multiple reviews and taking this board's advice, we switched our reservation to a preferred room. With the new discount and the room switch, we saved $300! Wowza!! I see an extra Piña CoLAVA in my future

November, 2014:POP Century, Wine and Dine Half Marathon! July, 2013: Animal Kingdom Lodge June, 2013: POP Century 2012: Caribbean Beach 2007: Grand Floridian 2001: Coronado Springs 2000: Port Orleans: French Quarter 1999: Caribbean Beach 1998: Coronado Springs 1990: Off property 1987: Off property
Old 01-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #1064
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindymindy View Post
Ok, after reading multiple reviews and taking this board's advice, we switched our reservation to a preferred room. With the new discount and the room switch, we saved $300! Wowza!! I see an extra Piña CoLAVA in my future
Since you like tips, try the mango margarita at Petals just had one. Priceless
Old 01-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #1065
augusta1
Mouseketeer

We just booked a preferred pool room. Is there anything I should request? For example at CBR an end room appeared slightly bigger due to layout. Anything I should request at pop?

Me DH DD DD
2010-ASM, 2011-CBR, 2012- POP, 2013- POP, 2014- Upcoming POP!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: