Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #2026
Letsgo2DW
Earning My Ears

Excited for our first visit to POR!!

We are finally booked for our summer trip and will be staying at POR for the first time in June. So excited to see this resort We have booked a River View room and would love recommendations for room requests. We are travelling with a 2 year old so something close to the bus stop would be nice - we will be lugging lots of stuff lol. Thanks in advance for your help!!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #2027
Go Ask Alice
Earning My Ears

Booked our first holiday to Disney world, so excited! Staying at POFQ for 14 nights in May, feeling a little overwhelmed with all the planning!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #2028
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ask Alice View Post
Booked our first holiday to Disney world, so excited! Staying at POFQ for 14 nights in May, feeling a little overwhelmed with all the planning!
Hey another UK guest. Now Andre isn't alone. Go Ask Alice, you will love POR!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #2029
collinsx3
Earning My Ears

Smile Collins Family back to the World

We will be returning to the World June 8-13th, first time @ POR. We have stayed at POFQ 3 times great place to hang your hat and enjoy the experience !

Old 01-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #2030
SYLVESTER7577
RADIATOR MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I noticed this... on my Macbook Pro the Disney Site goes to a drastically different one than the PC Desktop. Resort Ressie wont show up on apple site version but all of my dinner ressies show up fine. The PC version everything shows fine. Very interesting!!!
I'm using a PC and can't get my hotel ressie to save. My dining ressie's are there and I have added to them. I have had to re-enter all my hotel info every time to see it????
Also,
We have a GV ressie and I believe they are in Parterre and Oak masions also?
I know the pools are heated but is anyone using them? I'd like to as we can only ice skate in Michigan for now. Thanks for any help!

WDW 2006 TWICE WDW 2007
WDW 2009 TWICE WDW 2010 TWICE WDW FWC 2011
WDW FWC SPRING 2012 WBC FALL 2012
WDW POR JANUARY 2013 OFF SITE MARCH 2013 CS APRIL 2013 WBC OCTOBER 2013
WDW POP JANUARY 2014 POP MAY 2014 POP OCTOBER 2014
POP JANUARY 2015 POP MAY 2015 WBC OCTOBER 2015
Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #2031
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYLVESTER7577 View Post
I'm using a PC and can't get my hotel ressie to save. My dining ressie's are there and I have added to them. I have had to re-enter all my hotel info every time to see it????
Also,
We have a GV ressie and I believe they are in Parterre and Oak masions also?
I know the pools are heated but is anyone using them? I'd like to as we can only ice skate in Michigan for now. Thanks for any help!
I promise you and everyone else... Disney is working on this new system. Your info is there and you havent lost anything. I just got off the phone with my friend that is in their IT area and they are trying to resolve the new system issues. But no one will lose their ressies.

Yes Oak and Parterre have GVs, but are Royal Themed Rooms only in those two buildings.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #2032
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Venomhatch;47073524]I promise you and everyone else... Disney is working on this new system. Your info is there and you havent lost anything. I just got off the phone with my friend that is in their IT area and they are trying to resolve the new system issues. But no one will lose their ressies.
QUOTE]

It's just so unsettling to not be able to see them! I have my confirmations saved on my email though. And thanks for the reassurence!

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
Old 01-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #2033
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese View Post
Quote:
I promise you and everyone else... Disney is working on this new system. Your info is there and you havent lost anything. I just got off the phone with my friend that is in their IT area and they are trying to resolve the new system issues. But no one will lose their ressies.
QUOTE]

It's just so unsettling to not be able to see them! I have my confirmations saved on my email though. And thanks for the reassurence!
Yeah no problem I myself have confirmations that don't show right now so I am with you all in the same boat!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #2034
melissarose
Mouseketeer

every time i log on to the disney site it is the same as it's always been. and all my stuff is there! is this because i'm in canada? lol i just assume that being in canada is the reason why i see/get different disney things. i see everyone freaking out but i have the "old" website still!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #2035
boocake
Earning My Ears

Hey all!

Question - I have 7:30AM reservations at Chef Mickeys this coming Sunday. I am planning on calling a cab that day to take me to the Contemporary. What time should I have them pick us up to get there in time? Should I reserve online or can someone at the resort help?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #2036
samgminov
Earning My Ears

Can you help me with my room request?

While I was on hold with Disney today for 55 minutes , trying to get the general public discount applied to our existing Pop Century reservation, I started poking around the forums and came across this thread. By the time I was done reading, I had decided to switch our reservation to POR! (I'm pretty sure my legal middle name is impulsive). Anyway, we are booked for a Royal Guest Room from April 20-26 and I know we will love it! Now... for the important part....

I have a three year old DD who is a horrible walker. We are going to bring a stroller. I have a five year old DS who is a great walker, but a terrible waiter. So I am hoping to strike a good balance for a room location that is convenient for us with the stroller and gives us the best chance for accessing a quick bus stop that might not involve an overly long wait. Can anyone give me some advice on what kind of room request we should submit? I know it is just a request, but I'd love to increase our odds of getting a room that would add to our magical experience! Thank you all so much!

Old 01-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #2037
Letsgo2DW
Earning My Ears

Can anyone tell me if building 14 has any river view rooms or is it strictly preferred rooms? Thanks guys
Old 01-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #2038
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsgo2DW View Post
Can anyone tell me if building 14 has any river view rooms or is it strictly preferred rooms? Thanks guys
These rooms would view the river. (In RED)

1444, 1445, and 1446 are second floor!

(Thank you to Andre and www.portorleans.org for the photo)
Old 01-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #2039
SYLVESTER7577
RADIATOR MAN

Quote:

Yes Oak and Parterre have GVs, but are Royal Themed Rooms only in those two buildings.
Thanks for the info. I know the ressie's there and we have received Mickey Mail. We wanted to be by the south pickup and a quiet pool but we did not opt for Royal Rooms for lack of children. I guess I will have to look for another request.
I really appreciate yours and Andre's contibutions. We needed to burn a free flight so we think we may return in March after our January stay. We have been to the resort, just have not stayed yet. Thanks again!

WDW 2006 TWICE WDW 2007
WDW 2009 TWICE WDW 2010 TWICE WDW FWC 2011
WDW FWC SPRING 2012 WBC FALL 2012
WDW POR JANUARY 2013 OFF SITE MARCH 2013 CS APRIL 2013 WBC OCTOBER 2013
WDW POP JANUARY 2014 POP MAY 2014 POP OCTOBER 2014
POP JANUARY 2015 POP MAY 2015 WBC OCTOBER 2015
Old 01-03-2013, 11:52 PM   #2040
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

Booked garden view for our trip. Family of 5 so we'll be in the AB section. Any recommendations on buildings to request?

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: