Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
mbuch626
Earning My Ears

Resort alcohol policies

We have a TPV room at POLY for our upcoming stay, and I'd love to enjoy a cocktail in my room while watching Wishes from our balcony (or patio). Can you take drinks from the bar back to your room? I live in a state with fairly strict liquor laws, so I never know what to expect in other places.
mbuch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

You can get 'to go' cups everyplace in Disney except MK! All the other parks and your resort will let you walk around with drinks.
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
LauraLea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
You can get 'to go' cups everyplace in Disney except MK! All the other parks and your resort will let you walk around with drinks.
But you just cannot enter the parks with an alcoholic drink, or leave a park with one.

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
LisaInNc
Succulent Wild Woman

You can walk around the resort with them.

I bring my own pop up ice bucket and bottles of wine and we enjoy sitting around the pool at night drinking GOOD wine (not the crap Disney sells for 9.00 a glass )

Lisa
LisaInNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaInNc View Post
You can walk around the resort with them.

I bring my own pop up ice bucket and bottles of wine and we enjoy sitting around the pool at night drinking GOOD wine (not the crap Disney sells for 9.00 a glass )

Lisa
But in a plastic cup, right?
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
mbuch626
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! I'm actually bringing my own wine for the exact reason listed above, but I know I'll want a tropical beverage to get in the Polynesian mood too. Glad to know I can relax with it while staring at the castle.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuch626 View Post
Thanks everyone! I'm actually bringing my own wine for the exact reason listed above...
Also, be aware that most of the Signature restaurants (with California Grill and those in the Theme Parks being exceptions) have a corkage policy of around $20-$25, so you can bring your own wine to dinner.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #8
Pats Dragon
DIS Veteran

Just fyi we were enjoying a bottle of wine at the pool and we were using plastic cups. A cm came running up totally freaked out that we would drop the bottle and leave broken glass. We did not think about the bottle being glass!

ºOº WDW every year since 1971 ºOº
Pats Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #9
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats Dragon View Post
Just fyi we were enjoying a bottle of wine at the pool and we were using plastic cups. A cm came running up totally freaked out that we would drop the bottle and leave broken glass. We did not think about the bottle being glass!
I was just thinking about the bottle being glass.

Many people don't realize if a bottle breaks anywhere on the pool deck, that the pool has to be drained and cleaned.

So, might want to bring wine in a box.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #10
mickeysbestfriend
DIS Veteran

My wife and I

like an adult beverage during the afternoon break and in the evening by the pool or on our deck.

If we take an airline what gives us free checked bags we take everything with us. If not we us WeGoShop to buy our supplies and deliver thm to the room.

We can do things as simple as vodka and cranberry and bourbon and coke to seven seas cocktails and depth charges. It all depends on our mood on any particular trip. We are careful to only buy liqour in plastic bottles and mixers in plastic bottles :0 to avoind CM's freaking out.

We have had a lot of other guests give us positive feedback on our advance planing skills and we are known to share

DVC owner-Old Key West
Stockholder
Annual pass holder
TIW member (hate the name)

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtac9ku7u8.png
mickeysbestfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #11
winthropf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
I was just thinking about the bottle being glass.

Many people don't realize if a bottle breaks anywhere on the pool deck, that the pool has to be drained and cleaned.

So, might want to bring wine in a box.
Agree, please do not take glass bottles or drink glasses anywhere near a pool. We had someone throw an empty bottle on to the deck at my summer swim club and we had to call in a scuba diver to go over the entire bottom of pool with hands to make sure all glass was recovered. The diver found a lot that no one could see.
winthropf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #12
mbuch626
Earning My Ears

Definitely won't have glass out by the pool. We have a pool in our backyard and had to deal with the glass situation several years ago when a storm blew a glass top outdoor table from our deck onto the pool deck where it shattered--it's not fun to deal with. We have shatterproof plastic wine glasses for use by the pool here.

I really just plan on taking wine for my room so I can avoid paying the crazy markup on not great wine. But, I have a soft spot for a good cocktail, so I'm willing to buy that even if I could mix something on my own. I'm always ready to try something like a habenero margarita, and I'm certain the lapu lapu has my name on it.

We're heading down in 2 days--tomorrow will be a loooong day at work!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
npealer
Mouseketeer

for anyone who wants an alternative to glass, do a search for Rum Runner Flask, We have used these on many a vacation.

DL/CA- Too many to remember
WDW-Jan 1997 Offsite, April 2003 offsite, November 2005 offsite, Jan 2013 AS Music

npealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #14
AppleSister1
DIS Veteran

OP, yes, you can take drinks (even wine in wine glasses) away from the bar and to your room. As we've all noted, glass at the pool deck is a no-no, but you are welcome to take a wine glass to your room!!!
1982 - WDW, Off site * 1996 - Grand Floridian * 1997 - DL, Disneyland Hotel * 1998 - CSR * 2000 - YC* 2001 - DL, Grand Californian * 2002 - YC * 2003 - YC * 2004 - BC Concierge * 2006 - YC * 2008 - YC * Jan 2010 - WL * May 2010-Poly * Dec 2010 - CSR *April 2011 - AKL CL * Sept 2011 - YC * Dec 2011 - YC * May 2012 - YC * July 2012 - Aulani * Dec 2012 - POFQ * April 2013 - POFQ * June 2014- Contemporary * October '14 Boardwalk
AppleSister1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #15
Li Li
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLea

But you just cannot enter the parks with an alcoholic drink, or leave a park with one.

Laura
I actually left HS with an alcoholic drink! I was kinda worried but no one stopped me or even blinked. It was dad's electric lemonade from the bar next to 50s Prime Time Cafe.
Li Li is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: