Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #2251
sayheyrenee
Mouseketeer

I have a question about requesting a king bed in the standard rooms. My TA put a request in but it's not a guarantee. How have other people fared with the same request?
sayheyrenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #2252
KSBelle77
Mouseketeer

Does anyone one know in what part of mighty duck's building the king sized beds are located? I.e. what floor?
2012 - 1st Half Marathon, Disney Princess
2012 - Birthday trip and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon
2013 - 1st Disney Marathon
2013 - 1st Trip to Disneyland, Disneyland 1/2 Marathon, Dumbo Dare Challenge
2015 - 1st Dopey Challenge, 2nd Disney Marathon
2015 - Law School Graduation, KS Bar Exam
2015 - 1st Disney Cruise, Fantasy
KSBelle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #2253
Jokers Girl
Earning My Ears

Sorry if this question has been asked (at over 145 pages my eyes are begin to cross). We are going to Disney for our honeymoon Sept 30-Oct 6, 2013. I was hoping to get a room with a king size bed but after reading a lot of posts it looks like the ONLY rooms with king size bed are handicapped accessible. I would hate to take that away from someone who needed it. Does anyone know if this is true?

Also do you have to book a Preferred room to get a kings size bed? Or do they have them in all the buildings?

I'm also hoping that a deal will come out after I book, either the current deal or FD. In doing a search in the current deal I could definitely save at least $300. When looking at it though they only have the preferred rooms. Do you think it would be better to just book the preferred room or wait and see if its either a better deal to do it then or if that's the only option when the deal comes out?
Jokers Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #2254
jillianml
Mouseketeer

All star movies resort window size

I am planning on decorating our window at all star movies but having trouble finding out how big the windows are thanks in advance!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #2255
csw531
Mouseketeer

Just booked! First time in a value and a bit worried about the room size. There will be four of us, me, DH and 2 DS. Loving the tips though to maximize the space!
csw531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #2256
jillianml
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=csw531;46879281]Just booked! First time in a value and a bit worried about the room size. There will be four of us, me, DH and 2 DS. Loving the tips though to maximize the space![/QUOTE
My biggest suggestion is pack light! Your suitcases take up alot of space in your room!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #2257
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw531 View Post
Just booked! First time in a value and a bit worried about the room size. There will be four of us, me, DH and 2 DS. Loving the tips though to maximize the space!
We are now duffle bag people, no more suitcases. We have small to large ones. The small ones are Disney ones that we have bought through the years at the parks. It helps because we unload stuff in the drawers and can collapse the duffle bags and shove them where ever.
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, SEPT 2013!! *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS DEC 2013
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #2258
JustMeFran
Mouseketeer

Shipping to ASMovies Q

Has anyone had luck using USPS to ship to ASMovies?
Or is UPS my better choice? Was hoping to save a bit of money! =)

Thank you!

-Fran =)

JustMeFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #2259
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

we have gone to Movies quite a few times in the past...We have also gone to deluxe and also Moderates...we always love Movies..
We have been four adults in the room...there were no more reservations at the time...so they stayed with us for an extra cost per person per night...worked out well and as long as you keep your room not cluttered...we had plenty of room..We also emptied our suitcases of the things that would wrinkle ..hung up some things and put our suitcases near the sink area under the holding bar for clothes...
Size in the rooms do not matter...

After much debating we made reservations for May in All Star Movies and looking forward to our visit again..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #2260
csw531
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
we have gone to Movies quite a few times in the past...We have also gone to deluxe and also Moderates...we always love Movies..
We have been four adults in the room...there were no more reservations at the time...so they stayed with us for an extra cost per person per night...worked out well and as long as you keep your room not cluttered...we had plenty of room..We also emptied our suitcases of the things that would wrinkle ..hung up some things and put our suitcases near the sink area under the holding bar for clothes...
Size in the rooms do not matter...

After much debating we made reservations for May in All Star Movies and looking forward to our visit again..
Thanks for all the tips. Getting very excited to stay at ASMo!!!
csw531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #2261
JustMeFran
Mouseketeer

To answer my own question about using USPS to ship...it worked great! We shipped the package on 21 Dec for our arrival date of 2 Jan. At check in I forgot to ask for it, so when I got to our room I called the front desk. We took off to Epcot and when we got back it was waiting in our room for us. Wonderful!

-Fran

JustMeFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #2262
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMeFran View Post
To answer my own question about using USPS to ship...it worked great! We shipped the package on 21 Dec for our arrival date of 2 Jan. At check in I forgot to ask for it, so when I got to our room I called the front desk. We took off to Epcot and when we got back it was waiting in our room for us. Wonderful!

-Fran
Happy that worked out for you!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #2263
kookiekat02
Earning My Ears

Room under bed?

I am hoping to book some rooms at the Movies in 2014 and as I was discussing this with my sister she questioned whether there is any room under the beds to store anything? If anyone can answer the question I would be very appreciative...Thank you in advance!
kookiekat02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #2264
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookiekat02
I am hoping to book some rooms at the Movies in 2014 and as I was discussing this with my sister she questioned whether there is any room under the beds to store anything? If anyone can answer the question I would be very appreciative...Thank you in advance!
Nope...at least not that I recall. I'm thinking the bottom of the beds are a box like structure.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #2265
Ckmommy72
Mouseketeer

This may have been asked/answered earlier in the thread...I confess to not reading all 100+ pages.

Is there a fee involved when having something shipped to ASMo? We are thinking of having a box of stuff delivered from Walmart. Also, we land at 6:30pm, expecting to be at the resort 7:30-8:00 (renting a car). Will we be able to get our box when we arrive, or will we have to wait until the next day? Will they leave it in our room if we aren't there or will we need to be present? We hope to be up and out for RD the next morning, so would prefer they just bring it in and leave it.

TIA!

DH Michael DS C (11) DD K (8)

March 2006 - Off Site
January 2012 - POR
January 2013 - ASMo
September 2013 - AKL (MNSSHP & F&W)

Ckmommy72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: