Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #31
DVC-Landbaron
What Would Walt Do?

AH! Hope!! Our resident archivist!! How nice to hear from you!! (psssst: Stick around, I may need your talents and skills if Mr. Kidds takes me up on my 1972 price comparison offer!!)

And for those of you who really want to delve into the mess that Hope offered, one note: JJewell, midway through his career here changed his name to "Walt's Frozen Head". And he is 'spot-on' in his Disney logic!!

PETER!!! Good to hear from you!! Do you miss the old days, defending Ei$ner at every turn? Or have I finally turned you to the dark side?

For the best "Disney Education" on the web go to: http://www.july171955.com/

Long live the Pirate!!
DVC-Landbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #32
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC-Landbaron View Post
AH! Hope!! Our resident archivist!! How nice to hear from you!! (psssst: Stick around, I may need your talents and skills if Mr. Kidds takes me up on my 1972 price comparison offer!!)

And for those of you who really want to delve into the mess that Hope offered, one note: JJewell, midway through his career here changed his name to "Walt's Frozen Head". And he is 'spot-on' in his Disney logic!!

PETER!!! Good to hear from you!! Do you miss the old days, defending Ei$ner at every turn? Or have I finally turned you to the dark side?
Ahhh, it was a tale of two cities and you were simply wrong before you were right.. Good to hear from you too Baron.
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #33
Killer Fish
Mr. Hospitality

This board did use to be very fun.....

Still check in occasionally. Always good to see some Bus Driver ideas.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #34
mrsR123
Mad about the mouse
Teacher, teacher, can you teach me?

I must say I'm feeling pretty darned satisfied with myself for the little reunion.

Last edited by mrsR123; 01-03-2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: OOoh! It's my 1000th post. How fitting. :-)
mrsR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #35
DVC-Landbaron
What Would Walt Do?

Quote:
Ahhh, it was a tale of two cities and you were simply wrong before you were right..
Same old Pirate!! Good to see you haven't changed.

One further note for anyone following some of our old threads:
A poster named Scoop (it was something else officially, but Scoop was what he was called) - anyway, he deleted ALL of his posts!!!! So sometimes the conversation seems to be a little one sided and sometimes we are answering and asking things that aren't there anymore!! A little confusing, but the car #3 bunch are still - RIGHT ON!!!

I looked over a couple of them. And I found this one particularly fun for me. It was the one where I came up with my caste system of Disney resorts!!! Check it out!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=107356

I only got half way through, but it may be the one where we start comparing pricing through the years!!! Mr. Kidds!? You paying attention?

Long live the Pirate!!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #36
Walt's Frozen Head
DIS Veteran
A comfortable 32 degrees

You kids get out of my driveway.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #37
JeffJewell
DIS Veteran

Wow, this one works, too.

David Bowie 1971
JeffJewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #38
DVC-Landbaron
What Would Walt Do?

JEFF!! Mr. Head!!!

Have you read any of the old threads? WOW!! We were really verbose, weren't we? I have just spent (wasted) the better part of a Thursday afternoon reading the all-important... Ah... Well, lets call it - Stuff!!! And you know, we were right then and we are still right today!! If nothing else we were wordy!!!

I LOVE this one:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=245200

Anyway, it is nice talking to everyone again. If only AV would check in, the reunion would be complete!!!

Long live the Pirate!!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #39
airlarry!
Did you know some ferns date back to Prehistoric times?

Nice trip down the memory lane...it is weird seeing the threads without the posts from $@#%. Makes it hard to follow after he carpet bombed his account!

(But I have to admit, I have gotten to know $@#% a little better outside the realm of The Dis and have had some great conversations with him. $@#% is a nice guy to talk to in real life).

Herr Baron, I was here way back when there was just one big ugly page and just a few boards. In fact somewhere I've got stored away an original www.wdwinfo.com mug. Where oh where did I put that? Anybody else get one?

The summer semester schedule is out, and classes are filling up, so contact the Admissions Office soon at www.july171955.com to sign up for Advanced Disney Studies 101. Check with your advisor for prerequisites specific to your area of interest.
airlarry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #40
DVC-Landbaron
What Would Walt Do?

Never got a mug. But, yeah. I remember having very few boards. It got so bad that I even went to the community boards once in a while. WOW!!! Talk about a pixie-dust crew!!! I ran from that one and checked out the debate boards. There were some serious dudes over there!!! Got very heated all the time!!

I even went to RADP (oh God!! I forgot if that was the acronym or not!!) But any old timer will know what I mean. The was a guy named 'bicker' there!! I LOVED tangling with him. He was an Ei$ner supporter that made Scoop and The Pirate look like pikers!!! He was fun!!

Long live the Pirate!!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:17 AM   #41
cristen
DIS Veteran
Yes, you need to "clap or somebin"

Quote:
I must say I'm feeling pretty darned satisfied with myself for the little reunion.
As well you should. I miss my Disney family.

Quote:
(But I have to admit, I have gotten to know $@#% a little better outside the realm of The Dis and have had some great conversations with him. $@#% is a nice guy to talk to in real life).
This is not the time nor the place to be rational Larry. Knock it off.

Quote:
The was a guy named 'bicker' there!!
He was here too.
cristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #42
JDinCO
Mouseketeer

This is making me want to come back and post again. Now that I may have DW talked into another trip, hopefully in December for my 50th B-day. And the fact that DIS is no longer blocked at work.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #43
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Same old Pirate!! Good to see you haven't changed.

One further note for anyone following some of our old threads:
A poster named Scoop (it was something else officially, but Scoop was what he was called) - anyway, he deleted ALL of his posts!!!! So sometimes the conversation seems to be a little one sided and sometimes we are answering and asking things that aren't there anymore!! A little confusing, but the car #3 bunch are still - RIGHT ON!!!

I looked over a couple of them. And I found this one particularly fun for me. It was the one where I came up with my caste system of Disney resorts!!! Check it out!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=107356

I only got half way through, but it may be the one where we start comparing pricing through the years!!! Mr. Kidds!? You paying attention?
That was a fascinating read! Thanks for pulling that out of the archives.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #44
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Never got a mug. But, yeah. I remember having very few boards. It got so bad that I even went to the community boards once in a while. WOW!!! Talk about a pixie-dust crew!!! I ran from that one and checked out the debate boards. There were some serious dudes over there!!! Got very heated all the time!!

I even went to RADP (oh God!! I forgot if that was the acronym or not!!) But any old timer will know what I mean. The was a guy named 'bicker' there!! I LOVED tangling with him. He was an Ei$ner supporter that made Scoop and The Pirate look like pikers!!! He was fun!!
Ah, rec.arts.disney.parks. Those were the days....

Bicker (aka Brian) does (or did) post here, too. I haven't seen him in awhile, though....over a year, I think.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #45
YoHo
If you have any poo to fling, now is the time.

Yeah, bicker was here too, but he tended to stick to the debate board.

He had his head so far up management's rear. And not just disney's. I bet he was the kind of guy that was offended by the 99% wall street protesters while he wore his Armani suit to work and got his 100,000 bonus for losing money.

OK, that may be harsh. Still, he was a sharp pencil guy's sharp pencil guy.

I have to admit, as I said before Disney has kind of hit a quiescent state. Things aren't right, but they've stabilized and Walt's park is doing ok.

If you're only Disney parks experience is Florida though... Well, I have to wonder why you'd bother to go. Get out here to California. It ain't Walt like, but at least it feels like the 1990s here.

Critical thinking about Disney at
www.july171955.com

"That's why I love Walt Disney. It costs $100,000 to build a spire you didn't need. The secret of Disney is doing things you don't need and doing them well and then you realize you needed them all along." - Ray Bradbury
YoHo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: