Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #211
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
There was a blurb on the thanks for entering page that said increase your odds by entering with multiple email........

It says one entry per email
The more times you enter blah blah blah

So I think you can enter morE than once a day as long as you use different emails to do it.

But someone correct me if I am wrong. Don't want to. Get disqualified on a technicality.

I edited out a parenthetical aside that cluttered up this statement from the official rules (bolding is mine for emphasis)

Entries are limited to one (1) Entry per person/email address (“Address”) for each Daily Sweepstakes, regardless of method of Entry or whether one person has more than one Address or more than one person use the same Address.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #212
audrey2580
DIS Veteran

Congrats!
audrey2580 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #213
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

awesome !!!

enjoy your vacation!!

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #214
disEAR
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
I edited out a parenthetical aside that cluttered up this statement from the official rules (bolding is mine for emphasis)

Entries are limited to one (1) Entry per person/email address (“Address”) for each Daily Sweepstakes, regardless of method of Entry or whether one person has more than one Address or more than one person use the same Address.
This is what people are greeted with after entering. Seems like a grey area to me.

""
Come back each day through January 31st and enter because we'll be selecting one winner each day until January 31! One of them could be you! You are allowed one entry per day per e-mail address. The more times you enter, the better your chances of spending some magical Disney Time with the people you love most on a vacation you'll never forget. Start planning your vacation and exploring the newest Disney Parks fun by clicking on the offers and information below!""
Old 01-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #215
cajunprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellmagic View Post
Hope this helps (taken from official rules):

"Open only to persons, who are, as of Entry, not minors as defined by their state, province or territory of primary residence (Minors), and who are legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States, D.C. or Canada (excluding Quebec) (collectively, Territory), and are not employees of Sponsor or Administrator; their respective parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies; or the advertising, promotional or fulfillment agencies of any of them (individually and collectively, Entities); nor members of their households or immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings, step-parents, step-children, step-siblings and their spouses)."
Basically, if there is a way to exclude someone they will
DCL Magic - February 2014
DCL Dream- February 2015
cajunprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #216
Amandancrx
Earning My Ears

That is amazing! Congratulations to you and your family!
Amandancrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #217
DisneyDreamingInMI
Mouseketeer

Congratulations...what a wonderful surprise!!! Now I think I am even more excited about the contest!!!

CBR - March 1997, CBR - May 2004, Off-Site - August 2008, Poly - February 2012 (First Family Trip!), GF - February 2014

DisneyDreamingInMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #218
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

So who officially won- you or your DH?

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #219
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by disEAR View Post
This is what people are greeted with after entering. Seems like a grey area to me.

""
Come back each day through January 31st and enter because we'll be selecting one winner each day until January 31! One of them could be you! You are allowed one entry per day per e-mail address. The more times you enter, the better your chances of spending some magical Disney Time with the people you love most on a vacation you'll never forget. Start planning your vacation and exploring the newest Disney Parks fun by clicking on the offers and information below!""
I understand that, but in the case of sweeps, the official rules are the final authority on the rules of said sweeps.

Read the end of #4- Limitations:
"Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified and any attempt by a person to use multiple email accounts to register more Entries than allowed by these Rules may result in disqualification at Administrator’s sole discretion."

for anyone who had read the official rules, it is clear that Disney means to come back each day and enter as there is no carry-over from day to day until day 31- the final prize.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #220
Wendimn
Mouseketeer

Congrats..I think if I win..I'll keep it to myself..lmao..
Wendimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #221
thymed
Mouseketeer

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! HAVE A MAGICAL VACATION!!!!!!
I hope you will post about the one you choose and how much fun you and your family have!!!!
thymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #222
Jen12573
DIS Veteran

Yippee, not only do we have this contest, but we bought 2 raffle tickets (out of 500 total tickets) to win a $2500 Disney gift card. Luck to all!!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #223
CalSea12
Desperately needs a dose of the magic!

So does that mean you can not create several emails to enter more than once? I was wondering how many people out there were actually doing that to win? So if you do this then you will be disqualified?

Several Trips as a child to DL and DW, 2008-All Star Movies ,2010-Honeymoon Caribbean Beach, November 2013 ASMu
CalSea12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #224
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

What an amazing thing to happen!
Congratulations - have a magical time!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #225
mhnewcomb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalSea12 View Post
So does that mean you can not create several emails to enter more than once? I was wondering how many people out there were actually doing that to win? So if you do this then you will be disqualified?
One entry per adult per day, assuming that each of those adults has their own email address. I've been entering myself and my husband each day (myaddy@ and hisaddy@) just because he will never remember to do his own.

And CONGRATS TO THE LUCKY WINNER! I also hope you'll post back and let us all know what you decide!

mhnewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: