Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
Realfoodie
Earning My Ears

Embroidered Images

Hi all!

I have seen some stunning DCL items that include an adorable cruise ship with Mickey smoke. I am NOT very good with a sewing machine but someone who might be willing to do some embroidery for me. How/where do I get (or maybe the question is..can I get?) that image for her to use. I have googled and searched on here for several phrases, but either I am not wording it right or it isn't out there.

Please let me know! I am calling her tomorrow to try to figure out family shirts and also FE gifts and some gifts for my kids.

Thanks!
Colleen
Realfoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realfoodie View Post
Hi all!

I have seen some stunning DCL items that include an adorable cruise ship with Mickey smoke. I am NOT very good with a sewing machine but someone who might be willing to do some embroidery for me. How/where do I get (or maybe the question is..can I get?) that image for her to use. I have googled and searched on here for several phrases, but either I am not wording it right or it isn't out there.

Please let me know! I am calling her tomorrow to try to figure out family shirts and also FE gifts and some gifts for my kids.

Thanks!
Colleen
Is this the one?

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #3
spiiffy
Mouseketeer

The embroidery files for DCL can be found by googling frou frou by heather sue. This is where the DCL cruise ship with Mickey smoke for an embroidery machine can be found.

Took me forever to find her site but her stuff sews out great.

December 2012: 14 night Panama Canal on the Wonder

April 2012: 7 night Mexican Riviera on the Wonder

June 2010: 5 night Bahamas on the Wonder

Disneyland Annual Pass Holder
spiiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

One might want to consider copyright laws in any situation that involves financial transactions.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
Realfoodie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Is this the one?

Thanks! That picture cool, but that isn't the one. It isn't a photo, it is an embroidered image.

I will google for that other one and see what I get! Thanks!
Realfoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Brother embroidery machines come with built in Disney designs--the size and variety depends on the machine. Anyone with digitizing software and some experience in using it can digitize a design, but doing this well requires some skill and practice. I learned digitizing by doing Disney characters for my daughter! Coloring book pictures made great images. Of course many years later, I laugh at those early attempts.

There are people on line who sell design files of "near Disney" designs. The ones I've seen have been altered, presumably to avoid copyright issues (a DCL logo with 2 waves instead of 3, for instance). I'm not a lawyer and can't speak to where the line is drawn on these issues.

I do know that I can stitch out a design that I have purchased from a legit company and GIVE it to you. I can do this any number of times. However, I cannot do the stitch out and SELL it to you without violating the designer's rights. This is made clear in the documentation that comes with most designs.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
ericalynn1979
DIS Veteran

Visit Etsy or the Disboutiquers thread on the Family board. I won't get into the legal discussions over copyright, but there are women & men that do sell that design on a t-shirt and available as a file.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #8
Eleblanc
Mouseketeer

I have seen the design on Etsy. Search under "embroidery cruise ship" and you will find it along with others that you can purchase to use on a sewing machine compatible with downloading designs and doing embroidery.
Eleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: