Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #1636
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyia
We've booked the Swan for 5/27-6/5 and I was wondering a couple of things...

Is it the same bus that picks up from BC that drops Swan guests to DTD? Also, are all the bus routes the same as the ones from BC to the parks?
I seem to remember every bus we took from BS last summer went to Swan/Dolphin as well....but I could be wrong.

Do the tickets to the parks go one room keys like at the WDW resorts?

I know Swan recs Mears, but has anyone used Tiffany town car service or any other one from the airport and found them adequate?
I'm not sure about the buses, and they may have changed, but I believe they are. We were happy with the buses to and from the parks, but the one to DTD was awful. Maybe it was just the timing or we just missed the previous bus, but we must have waited over 45 minutes for the bus (at DTD), it also make a lot of stops along the way and was completely full. I think it took well over a half hour to get back to the Dolphin once we were on the bus.

Unless it has changed, your ticket cards do not go on the SD room keys.

We used Tiffany town cars too and from the Dolphin and were very happy with the service. The grocery store stop was worth it alone. The only issue we had was when the town car dropped us off because it seemed like everyone else arrived at the same time and it took awhile for us to even get unloaded and check in.

Sent from my iPad mini using DISBoards
mikegood2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #1637
smellyia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegood2

I'm not sure about the buses, and they may have changed, but I believe they are. We were happy with the buses to and from the parks, but the one to DTD was awful. Maybe it was just the timing or we just missed the previous bus, but we must have waited over 45 minutes for the bus (at DTD), it also make a lot of stops along the way and was completely full. I think it took well over a half hour to get back to the Dolphin once we were on the bus.

Unless it has changed, your ticket cards do not go on the SD room keys.

We used Tiffany town cars too and from the Dolphin and were very happy with the service. The grocery store stop was worth it alone. The only issue we had was when the town car dropped us off because it seemed like everyone else arrived at the same time and it took awhile for us to even get unloaded and check in.

Thanks!

I'm thinking the DTD busses are a problem throughout the resort. I'm thinking we'll just take taxis but unsure how that works with a toddler needing a carseat.
BC May/June 2012
BC May/June 2013
AKL CL Feb 2014
Yacht May 2014
USO, WL Oct 2014
Resort TBD Dec 2014
smellyia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #1638
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

The Swolphin are sometimes on the same bus as BC and sometimes they are not. It depends on the volume at that time as the bus routes are established according to need.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #1639
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

The Swan and Dolphin share a bus with the Boardwalk to the theme parks. The Downtown Disney bus usually goes to all 5 Epcot resorts.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #1640
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL
The Swan and Dolphin share a bus with the Boardwalk to the theme parks. The Downtown Disney bus usually goes to all 5 Epcot resorts.
Do you know approx how much it would cost for a taxi? I remember the wait for a bus to return seemed endless in years past, but that was in June.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale and 1/2014 Dolphin
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #1641
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
Do you know approx how much it would cost for a taxi? I remember the wait for a bus to return seemed endless in years past, but that was in June.

Nope, because I'm too cheap to take a taxi!
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #1642
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom

I'd also be interested in the cost of a taxi. Based on our experience, also in June, a visit to DTD may not be worth the hassle. The bus to DTD was fine, it was the return, so maybe catching a taxi back could be an alternative.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #1643
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
On my trip in Dec, it was always just S and D, no BW. That was for MK, I never did make it to AK.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net
April 26-May 3, see you there?

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #1644
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegood2

I'd also be interested in the cost of a taxi. Based on our experience, also in June, a visit to DTD may not be worth the hassle. The bus to DTD was fine, it was the return, so maybe catching a taxi back could be an alternative.

That is what I'm thinking. It was actually a little creepy waiting so long for the bus back. I've never felt "uneasy" in WDW before, but that night I was not comfortable.

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale and 1/2014 Dolphin
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:20 AM   #1645
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL
We took the bus to DTD on our late July trip and we too stopped at all 5 Epcot resorts plus a water park. The trip was long and the bus was very crowded on both to and from. The wait for the bus back was quite long.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:44 AM   #1646
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Good morning Karen - so good to see you posting!!!
Have to admit that I do rent a car, and drive to DD. Find it so much easier to park after taking the bus a few times. I agree that it is a long wait to get the bus back to the Dolphin.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #1647
Mouseteacher
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthemouse View Post
Good morning Karen - so good to see you posting!!!
Have to admit that I do rent a car, and drive to DD. Find it so much easier to park after taking the bus a few times. I agree that it is a long wait to get the bus back to the Dolphin.
Hi, Caroline! I do check in here often but post when I have something to contribute. I will definitely take a taxi next time we choose to go to DTD. The night we went it was extremely crowded. We just walked from the Marketplace to the West End. Stopping in shops was not pleasant due to the crowds...World of Disney was packed! Most years we skip DTD but last July my DSs and DD-in-law wanted to go so off we went. DH was smart and stayed back at the Swan. LOL

We have made tentative plans to return in mid-July to the Swan. I hope all is well with you and your family. School year is flying by!

PS: wearing the beautiful knit scarf you made for me on these very frigid days.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #1648
Mouseteacher
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
That is what I'm thinking. It was actually a little creepy waiting so long for the bus back. I've never felt "uneasy" in WDW before, but that night I was not comfortable.

I have to agree with you. It definitely has a different feel than waiting for the bus at any of the parks.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #1649
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

I made the mistake of opening one of the newer FP+ threads and it's made me a little bit nervous about or trip in June. I know that most of the details, including when they will implement it, are up in the air but it looks like it could be installed in the next few months.

What impact do you think it could have on the SD? Do you think the SD will get most of the perks that the Disney resorts will get?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #1650
cindym
Mouseketeer

I too am concerned about the F+ being available to the Dolphin. We will have two little ones with us and we really will need to use FP. I might have to change to another hotel if F+ isn't available. I really want to stay at the Dolphin though! Of course no one really knows for sure how F+ is going to work, it is all speculation until Disney rolls it out.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: