Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #31
4newtocruise
Minnie, R.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKP View Post
My DS will be turning 14 about 2 weeks after we sail. I am wondering what option he will have when it comes to the Vibe. He will have completed middle school about to start HS. I want him to have a place to go when we do the adult stuff and not feel out of place. At the rate he is going, he will be 5'11"/6' when we sail. Not sure the Edge will be right for him but I do worry about the older kids in the Vibe!
I'm with you! It's a hard decision because my DD will just be shy of 14 at the time of the cruise and she has plenty of 14 year old friends. She will have completed 8th going into High School. I too worry about her "hanging" in the same area as 17-18 year olds. I think a lot she will hear will be inappropriate. Frankly, on our last cruise she didn't like the Edge. She felt too old then. 13 is a tricky age. She want to ACT older but she really isn't.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #32
JRM815
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKP

He will be 2 weeks shy of 14. Do you think that will make a difference in going into the Vibe? It is a Med cruise & we only have 2 sea days. Plus every port day we will be off the ship almost the entire time. I just know we will do Palo brunch & dinner and at least one tasting class. I would hate for him to be stuck in the Edge because he isn't officially 14 yet.
We were in this same situation last July on the Fantasy. Since our twins (DS and DD) were not 14 at the start of the cruise, they were allowed to go to the Vibe only with a permission form signed by a parent or guardian. Once in one or the other, they could not switch back and forth. They chose to stay in the Edge and had a great time.

Last edited by JRM815; 01-02-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: typo
JRM815 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #33
MickeyWatcher
Mouseketeer

When we go in May, my oldest DS will be 11. From what I'm reading, he will have to choose to either be in the Edge or Lab, but not both?
POP-Oct 05; POP-May 08; WH-Oct 08; Portofino-Mar 09; WH-Aug 09; POP-Dec 10; WH-Jul 12; DCL-May 13

Disneyland
AP for 10 yrs. Way too many times to count!

DCL
Magic-May 13

Me DW DS DS DD
MickeyWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #34
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyWatcher View Post
When we go in May, my oldest DS will be 11. From what I'm reading, he will have to choose to either be in the Edge or Lab, but not both?
That is what you should expect. There is a possibility they will allow him to utilize both spaces throughout the cruise, but that seems to be a decision made onboard and likely depends on the number of kids of the given age groups on that particular cruise. If he might be interested in the EDGE, I suggest he attend the first night which is a planning session for the rest of the cruise, then make his decision after the first night. Unless he knows for certain that he'd prefer the Club/Lab.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: