Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
thehowells
Mouseketeer

Credit card question

Can I use a pre-paid credit card on my room?
I like being able to not have extra bills coming back from my trip

thehowells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Yes
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
Kimosabe
DIS Veteran

We applied both a Visa gift card and Disney Visa reward points to our room account, with the balance paid by our default credit card. Check with them ahead of time, but my guess is that they would ask you for a default credit card as a back-up but would then first apply any charges to the pre-paid card. They are not going to want to have to track you down if you go over the pre-paid amount.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimosabe View Post
We applied both a Visa gift card and Disney Visa reward points to our room account, with the balance paid by our default credit card. Check with them ahead of time, but my guess is that they would ask you for a default credit card as a back-up but would then first apply any charges to the pre-paid card. They are not going to want to have to track you down if you go over the pre-paid amount.
We had no issue with this. Several of our guests had pre paid Visa cards with relatively small balances on them (like $100). There was no need for a default back up or anything else. If you exceed the amount on the card, they WILL send a notice to your stateroom in exactly the same way they do for a cash account that reached the limit...it simply asks you to go to GS to take care of the issue. They will also block your disembarkation so that if you attempt to have your card swiped on the way off the ship, you'll be redirected to GS (of course, your final statement in your cabin would have already contained this instruction as well).

Bottom line--if you don't overspend your card, you'll never hear from them. If you do, you'll get a polite letter asking you to deal with the issue ASAP.

They don't ask for a default credit card on a cash account...and they didn't on our guests' prepaid cards.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

You can also pre-pay towards your onboard account. If using a Disney Visa, this also qualifies for the 6-months-no-interest. Or you can pre-pay using any other method of payment used to pay for the cruise. Any remaining balance will be refunded in the method used for payment - so if using gift cards (or pre-paid Visa) keep it handy in case a balance is refunded to it.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: