Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

Pixie Dust in Paris! A June 2013 PTR! UPDATE 7/2 TR LINK

Welcome!

Before we can get to the fun part, the planning, letís cover the basics!

Who:

Iím Thing1 here on the DIS. Iím 16 years old and besides planning trips, Iím a dancer, on the speech team at my school and involved with the theater program.

Thing2 is my 12 year old sister. She will turn 13 while we are in Paris. Thing2 is very into the arts: painting, drawing, fashion, photography and singing. She is very much looking forward to all aspects of the trip, but probably Paris more than London.

Thing3 is my 7, soon to be 8, year old sister. She is also a dancer. She is looking forward to seeing London as she is currently obsessed with Princess Kate.

My parents are the ones who instigated the trip. They want us to be cultured and see the world, not just go to the same place every year (though I can usually rally for a Disney trip every couple years!). Theyíre excited for everything, but probably most excited for the food and history.

Also joining us are my aunt, uncle and one of my cousins. Uncle R is a major history person, heís looking forward to seeing Versailles and Normandy among other things. Aunt C is pretty much up for anything, she likes history and finding scenic views. Kay, my cousin, is 13 years old. She and Thing2 are very close and they like similar things, so itís nice that we can travel together.

What: A trip to England and France. Right now we are scheduled for 9 days in France and 6 or 7 in England, though it could change according to when we can get reasonable airfare.

When: June 2013. We are not 100% sure with the dates until we book flights.

Why: We love traveling with Uncle R, Aunt C and Kay. We share similar interests and enjoy the chance to hang out with people we only see a few times a year. In 2010, we traveled to Hawaii together along with my grandmother and Kayís older sister. In 2011, we went to Disney together and this past summer we went to Michigan, along with the rest of my momís family for a reunion. This will be the fourth summer in a row traveling together, but we love to do it!

*I will add a picture of Kay with the girls from this summer and try and make the first picture smaller in the morning, Photobucket isn't working well tonight.

If youíve made it through all of my rambling, I applaud you! I promise the next post will be more fun. Please jump in and say hi! Thank you for reading!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2750029

2013 Disneyland Paris PTR:
Pixie Dust in Paris!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47067772

2013 Disneyland Paris TR:
"She Ate Human!"
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135334

Last edited by ZFamily5; 07-02-2013 at 06:16 PM.
ZFamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

All you lurkers, come out and say hi! I don't bite, I promise!

Onto some planning...Unfortunately, we will only have one day at Disneyland Paris. Uncle R is Disney-ed out from the last time we went to Disney World and obviously there are a lot of other things we'd like to see. While I'm a tiny bit sad, I understand. Anyway, due to that fact, I need a lot of help planning! I've never been to Disneyland Paris before and I want to make the most out of the day we're going to be there.

Uncle R and Aunt C are planning a different outing the day we go, so it will just be the girls, Mom, Dad and I. We're planning on getting the 2 Parks, 1 Day passes. Some attractions I think we'd enjoy are:

-It's a Small World
-Big Thunder Mountain
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
-The Indiana Jones ride
-Dumbo
-Pinnochio
-Peter Pan
-the Teacups
-Cars Race Rally
-Crush's Coaster
-Any of the Toy Story related attractions
-Tower of Terror or Rockin' Rollercoaster (Thing3 won't do either and I don't want her to feel too left out)

I know it's not realistic to do all of this in a day along with eat and actually take in the sights. I guess my questions are:

What is worth our time?
How are the crowds in mid-June typically?
Do you have any tips or tricks?

Thank you so much for reading!

Pixie Dust in Paris!

"She Ate Human!"

Last edited by ZFamily5; 05-28-2013 at 05:29 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
sky13
Mouseketeer

That should be a nice trip and the weather will hopefully be nice in June (lovely long days, although hopefully it won't be raining as much next year as it was this year in England...)

It's been 4 years since I last went - but visited twice in June (midweek, 2007 and 2008).

For my visit in 2008 I had a total of just a little over a full day in the parks (was meant to have been longer, but the French train workers were on strike so we got in much later than we were meant to!). During that visit I remember doing (off your list): It's a Small World, Big Thunder Mountain (at least twice - Fastpass), Pirates, Buzz Lightyear, Indiana Jones, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Crush's Coaster, Tower of Terror and Rock and Rollercoaster. The longest queues we had was Dumbo (45 minutes during the parade!) and Crush's Coaster (can't remember how long but it was long).

Hope this helps - it's a bit outdated though as it was 4 years ago...! I definitely enjoyed it and the weather was really lovely when I went. The only thing when I went was that the parks closed around 7pm - and sunset isn't until past 9pm in June - so it felt a little odd to be leaving the parks when they closed...
sky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Have fun planning and a good time!

I have been in mid June before and I don't remember it being very overly crowded (I went June 15th-17th). From what I remember in Europe schools let out later than we do in the States so I think there may be more crowds as the summer goes on. So depending on when you get there you may have good crowd levels. I am sure some who know more about the school holidays will be able to tell you more.

What I really love about DLRP is that Disneyland Parc especially is very beautiful! Take time to notice the little details if you have a chance! Main Street USA is lovely - and has two covered arcades (not games but covered walkways) - Discovery Arcade and Liberty Arcade. Alice's Labyrinth is unique to Disneyland Paris - a walk through if any of you are Alice fans and there is a dragon under the castle.

I really love the Paris versions of Pirates, It's a Small World, and Big Thunder Mountain RR - really good imagineering. Phantom Manor is also a bit different with a wild west theme at the end. Peter Pan usually has a shorter wait than the one at WDW as it seats more people which is nice.

At WDS I like Animagique and Cinemagique - unique to DLRP. Crush's Coaster is a great ride but often has a long wait. Toy Story Playland has some good imagineering. The buffet Restaurant de Stars has Remy cart if you have any Ratatouille/Remy fans in the group - plus I think the food is pretty good value.

Anyway - have a lot of fun planning and I am sure you will get some great tips on the board here!

1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR *

POR 2009 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
DLRP Trip Reports
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report

Last edited by ExpatDisneyLover; 12-08-2012 at 03:10 PM.
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #5
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Lovely sounding trip Thing1!!! I am so glad you're coming to England to see what we have to offer. London is AMAZING and there will be many things to excite Thing3 with Kate Middleton

DLP isn't too busy in June (except for the first few days which should be busier since our schools are all off on half term break then). The rest should be a pretty good time to go. We break up from school at the end of July and many parts of Europe break up then or a few weeks before.

DLP isn't big at all and you should get it done in 2 or 3 days easily. That leaves a lot of time for the sightseeing! Can't wait to see your plans unravel!

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
That should be a nice trip and the weather will hopefully be nice in June (lovely long days, although hopefully it won't be raining as much next year as it was this year in England...)

It's been 4 years since I last went - but visited twice in June (midweek, 2007 and 2008).

For my visit in 2008 I had a total of just a little over a full day in the parks (was meant to have been longer, but the French train workers were on strike so we got in much later than we were meant to!). During that visit I remember doing (off your list): It's a Small World, Big Thunder Mountain (at least twice - Fastpass), Pirates, Buzz Lightyear, Indiana Jones, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Crush's Coaster, Tower of Terror and Rock and Rollercoaster. The longest queues we had was Dumbo (45 minutes during the parade!) and Crush's Coaster (can't remember how long but it was long).

Hope this helps - it's a bit outdated though as it was 4 years ago...! I definitely enjoyed it and the weather was really lovely when I went. The only thing when I went was that the parks closed around 7pm - and sunset isn't until past 9pm in June - so it felt a little odd to be leaving the parks when they closed...
Thank you so much for joining me!

Wow! You got a lot done during your stay! 45 minutes for Dumbo during the parade?

This definitely helps me. I'm glad to hear the weather was so nice while you were there. I've read that the parks close early but last time I checked the June hours weren't out yet...hopefully soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatDisneyLover View Post
Sounds like a wonderful trip! Have fun planning and a good time!

I have been in mid June before and I don't remember it being very overly crowded (I went June 15th-17th). From what I remember in Europe schools let out later than we do in the States so I think there may be more crowds as the summer goes on. So depending on when you get there you may have good crowd levels. I am sure some who know more about the school holidays will be able to tell you more.

What I really love about DLRP is that Disneyland Parc especially is very beautiful! Take time to notice the little details if you have a chance! Main Street USA is lovely - and has two covered arcades (not games but covered walkways) - Discovery Arcade and Liberty Arcade. Alice's Labyrinth is unique to Disneyland Paris - a walk through if any of you are Alice fans and there is a dragon under the castle.

I really love the Paris versions of Pirates, It's a Small World, and Big Thunder Mountain RR - really good imagineering. Phantom Manor is also a bit different with a wild west theme at the end. Peter Pan usually has a shorter wait than the one at WDW as it seats more people which is nice.

At WDS I like Animagique and Cinemagique - unique to DLRP. Crush's Coaster is a great ride but often has a long wait. Toy Story Playland has some good imagineering. The buffet Restaurant de Stars has Remy cart if you have any Ratatouille/Remy fans in the group - plus I think the food is pretty good value.

Anyway - have a lot of fun planning and I am sure you will get some great tips on the board here!
Thank you so much for joining in!

I believe we're scheduled to get into Paris on the 12th, so I'm hoping DLP will be one of our first days while the crowds may be a little better.

I've heard lots of people say that Disneyland Parc is so beautiful! I've seen a few pictures but I'm hoping to see more soon. The castle is stunning; can't decide if I like this one or the Florida castle the best!

I'm glad to hear that the rides I was most excited about are some of your favorites! I've read some things about it, but it's even better hearing it from someone who loves Disney as much as I do!

Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
Lovely sounding trip Thing1!!! I am so glad you're coming to England to see what we have to offer. London is AMAZING and there will be many things to excite Thing3 with Kate Middleton

DLP isn't too busy in June (except for the first few days which should be busier since our schools are all off on half term break then). The rest should be a pretty good time to go. We break up from school at the end of July and many parts of Europe break up then or a few weeks before.

DLP isn't big at all and you should get it done in 2 or 3 days easily. That leaves a lot of time for the sightseeing! Can't wait to see your plans unravel!
Thanks Meggie! Glad you stopped by!

I'm super excited to see England! Yeah, Thing3 has a bit of an obsession with Kate Middleton...

I'm glad to hear that DLP shouldn't be too busy when we're there! We're going to try and go during the beginning of our trip, so the middle of June.

Thanks for helping with the planning!

Pixie Dust in Paris!

"She Ate Human!"
Old 12-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

Hello again!

I hope all of you readers (and lurkers) had a nice holiday!

Mom and Dad got me a Disneyland Paris guidebook for Christmas, which I have been looking through the past few days. After talking to Mom and Dad and seeing the limited time we have at DLP, we've decided just to go to Disneyland Parc and not see the Walt Disney Studios. As much as I'd love to see the Toy Story area, we decided we'd rather see more of one park, than bits and pieces of two. I'm hoping with the change, we'll be able to see most of the attractions we want to in that day.

Does anyone know when the park hours are released for the summer? Right now they're up through March but nothing beyond that. Also, the book doesn't cover too much on CS eating, which we planned on doing to maximize park time. Any suggestions for dining?

Finally (for now), can you walk from Disneyland Parc to Disney Village? I don't want to waste time in the park picking out a souvenir, but I know I will want to pick one out.

Thank you for reading!

Pixie Dust in Paris!

"She Ate Human!"
Old 12-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFamily5 View Post
Hello again!

I hope all of you readers (and lurkers) had a nice holiday!

Mom and Dad got me a Disneyland Paris guidebook for Christmas, which I have been looking through the past few days. After talking to Mom and Dad and seeing the limited time we have at DLP, we've decided just to go to Disneyland Parc and not see the Walt Disney Studios. As much as I'd love to see the Toy Story area, we decided we'd rather see more of one park, than bits and pieces of two. I'm hoping with the change, we'll be able to see most of the attractions we want to in that day.

Does anyone know when the park hours are released for the summer? Right now they're up through March but nothing beyond that. Also, the book doesn't cover too much on CS eating, which we planned on doing to maximize park time. Any suggestions for dining?

Finally (for now), can you walk from Disneyland Parc to Disney Village? I don't want to waste time in the park picking out a souvenir, but I know I will want to pick one out.

Thank you for reading!
Hi! It looks like you have a great trip lined up! Yes, Disneyland Parc and Disney Village are literally right next door to each other so there will be no problem there.

Follow me on instagram: Nina_bina20

Our Paris/Disney Adventure
[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The 'Oh my God! We can actually go!' Pre - trip Report:
The 'Oh my God! We Actually Went!' Trip Report:
Neeny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #9
wannabee
Mouseketeer

i cant wait for your report. I am thinking about a similiar day in June 2014. We should have about a week or so in France and I have got to see DLP. My husband will probably spend the day in a museum and just my son and I will go to DLP.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #10
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

where did you find march hours? we go in March, but I haven't seen them yet.
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #11
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeny17 View Post
Hi! It looks like you have a great trip lined up! Yes, Disneyland Parc and Disney Village are literally right next door to each other so there will be no problem there.
Hi! Thanks for joining me!

Thank you, I hope so! Oh good, I'm glad to hear that. We're thinking about going there after the park closes to get souvenirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
i cant wait for your report. I am thinking about a similiar day in June 2014. We should have about a week or so in France and I have got to see DLP. My husband will probably spend the day in a museum and just my son and I will go to DLP.
Thank you for joining me!

You sound like you're in the exact situation I'm in; I told my parents I couldn't be in France and not see DLP! I hope I'll be able to help somewhat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isila View Post
where did you find march hours? we go in March, but I haven't seen them yet.
Thank you for joining in!

My apologies, I misread the DLP website! When they had a calendar for March, I assumed it had park hours listed in it, but it was blank. Sorry about that!

I did find this website, however, that had guess-timates of the park hours:

http://www.mickey-mouse.com/dlphours.htm

Pixie Dust in Paris!

"She Ate Human!"
Old 01-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #12
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

I thought I missed that , good to know. Planing makes me go crazy!
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #13
teachermommy78
DIS Veteran

Hello there!!! I'm so happy to reconnect with you! I'm so excited for your family! I hope you plan on reporting on all parts of the trip and not just the disney parts.
1995 Off Property, 2000 Disney Cruise and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 All Star Movies, 2011 POP Century, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside/Polynesian, 2013 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 will be BCV, BLT and Port Orleans Riverside

teachermommy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #14
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isila View Post
I thought I missed that , good to know. Planing makes me go crazy!
Me too! I've been researching like crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachermommy78 View Post
Hello there!!! I'm so happy to reconnect with you! I'm so excited for your family! I hope you plan on reporting on all parts of the trip and not just the disney parts.
Hi! I'm glad to hear from you again too!

Thank you so much, we're very excited too! Yes, I plan to report on the non Disney parts of the trip too! I can hardly wait and we still have a few months to go!

New ticker, I noticed! When are you planning on going? Is Sophie still taking gymnastics? So good to hear from you again!

Pixie Dust in Paris!

"She Ate Human!"
Old 01-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #15
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

Hi guys! Sorry it's been a few weeks!

Since winter break has ended we had finals week at school, I got sick, I've had a few speech tournaments, began work on the set for the freshman/sophomore play at my school and started assistant teaching two dance classes at my studio! Needless to say, it's been a busy time!

If any of you could help with these questions, I'd appreciate it!

Would it be best to eat breakfast on the way to the park to save time?

Where would you recommend for a CS lunch in Disneyland Parc?

As you can see, we're very concerned about food in this family!

I was talking to Kay over winter break while we were together and she mentioned pin trading. During our 2011 trip to WDW, she developed quite the love of pin trading. Is pin trading a big deal in DLP? Should we bring our pins or would it not be worth it?

Thank you for the help!

Pixie Dust in Paris!

"She Ate Human!"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: