Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #91
CinRell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talulabelle View Post
Even the bikes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananasplitkids View Post
Yes the bikes were included.
Any idea what the price of the bikes were? I hadn't seen these but if they're the ones I'm thinking of, I'd wanted one.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #92
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinRell View Post
Any idea what the price of the bikes were? I hadn't seen these but if they're the ones I'm thinking of, I'd wanted one.
The one I saw was originally $499 marked down to $149
cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #93
4shinystars
i am a bear of very little brain, and long words bother me...

I really wanted the bike, but the Neiman-Marcus collection went 70% 1/1, and bikes all gone. All my stores only got 1 or 2..
4shinystars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #94
kittycatalina65
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4shinystars View Post
I really wanted the bike, but the Neiman-Marcus collection went 70% 1/1, and bikes all gone. All my stores only got 1 or 2..
Bikes are still available online for $149
kittycatalina65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:36 AM   #95
Julia M
DIS Veteran
not clever, not witty, but loyal!

I gave it and checked out some stores near me. One had nothing, one had some stuff left and another a bit more. Candy, wrapping paper and gift bags is what is primarily left. There are many NM items. Would like to get dd a purse, so still hoping for 90%.
August 2004:Vistana & Marriott's Grand Vista.....Hurricane Charley.....what an experience for West Coasters!
Christmas at Disneyworld, 2005: Polynesian
July 2008: Cypress Point Grand villas & Hilton Grand Vacation Club....sharing Disneyworld with friends
January 2010: Boardwalk Villas for a Disney wedding....
February 2010: Saratoga Springs...TWIRLMANIA!!
July 2010: Beach Club Villas & Marriott Imperial Palms
July 2013: a day in Orlando.....what to do????
Julia M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #96
lilstint
DIS Veteran

Location: Niskayuna, New York, Bolton Landing on Lake George, SSR

My store had TONS of stuff left Wednesday at about 3pm. Hundreds of bags of candy, a huge selection of stocking stuffers, decorations, lights, gift wrap, huge boxes of bows and ribbons etc. etc. etc. There wasn't a soul in the department either so I decided to wait.

I went back on Thursday and just about everything was GONE!!! Shelf we're empty and being stocked with new stuff. I couldn't believe it. There was NO WAY anyone came in Wednesday night and bought all that stuff.

I have to believe that it was cleared out and donated. The tax write off for Target is probably greater if they donate than sell at 90%. I remember once I asked an employee who was throwing 90% off dollar spot items into a cart what she was going to do with the items and she told me they would be donated.

I'm afraid our 90% Target deals may be gone forever. I hope I'm wrong.

Come with me where you'll never, never have to worry about grown up things again - Peter Pan
lilstint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #97
mykidsnme
Earning My Ears

FYI - Still 70% in Shorewood (Rt 59) IL. as of this morning. Down to one row all the way in the back of the store. Some NM items in clothing.
mykidsnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #98
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

70% at our Target last night, DD13 and I went in to return something and I bought more things. More gift bags, some tissue paper, some Peeps and some really cute party invites with penguins on them. DD's nickname is her name with "the Penguin" added to the end, like Chilly Willy the Penguin, but with her name, her birthday is 12-15 so she's going to use them as invitations to her birthday party next year. They were super cute, wish they had more of them. Our store had a lot of tissue paper and gift bags so I'll probably go back next to see if there is anything at 90% off, if not no big deal, I have a lot of stuff for next year already

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #99
msdaisy
Mouseketeer

The Target in Rockwall, TX had quite a bit left earlier today. I got ornaments, gift bags, and three wreath hangers all 70% off. I was pleased. My ornaments are super cute! They had lots of food, but that was only 50% off. It seems like they would want to get rid of it quicker than the other stuff???

2006 Offsite, 2009 Yacht Club, 2010 Offsite, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Old Key West, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2013 First Trip to Disneyland! Embassy Suites North
Old 01-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #100
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

I'm tired of going to check on Target Christmas merchandise. There is a whole aisle plus the candy and other food items. It seems to be multiplying, there are items I've never seen until yesterday. There is a big circle sign hanging above it, stating up to 70% off. These signs are hanging throughout the store. Maybe I'll check other stores this weekend, but not first thing. With these signs, I'm thinking no 90% off this year. They will never sell all the remaining items at 70% off.

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #101
Yoshi
DIS Veteran

3 or 4 years ago, it took a long time for it to go to 90% off. A manager said that they won't be going to 90% off that year but they eventually did, I think it was an extra 7 to 10 days past when it normally goes to 90% off. I think the same thing might happen this year, but by the time it happens there probably won't be anything good left. I miss the holiday clearances from 10 years ago where when it went to 90% off there was still a lot left and you could stock up for next year.
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #102
ebsbrg
Mouseketeer

Some stores went 90 yesterday

I think most will go today (fingers crossed). When I was there yesterday I saw a stack of 90% signs in the Christmas section on a table where they were putting out the new display for that section. Also several employees were shopping the Christmas stuff. I bought all my must haves at 50 and 70 off but I'm heading back one last time today just in case. There are a few things that weren't must have that my cheap self would buy at 90% off. Plus I want that $5 Gremlin movie in he new section of stuff and I didn't buy it yesterday.
ebsbrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #103
QVCshopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRunner2009 View Post
I'm tired of going to check on Target Christmas merchandise. There is a whole aisle plus the candy and other food items. It seems to be multiplying, there are items I've never seen until yesterday. There is a big circle sign hanging above it, stating up to 70% off. These signs are hanging throughout the store. Maybe I'll check other stores this weekend, but not first thing. With these signs, I'm thinking no 90% off this year. They will never sell all the remaining items at 70% off.
I'm fairly certain some stores ship their stuff to other stores. One store near me packaged it all up while another keeps getting more. It happens every year. When they are done with the clearance, it's salvaged and sold by the truckload to Goodwill who often charges more than the Target clearance.
QVCshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #104
zoemurr
DIS Veteran

My store

was 90% off today.. not a whole lot left but still managed to spend $10.
zoemurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #105
Nina1
Disney Lover

I did well at our Target last week. Everything was 70%. I got about 20 various sizes of gift bags, a ton of tissue paper, some ornaments for my son's Christmas tree in his room, icicle lights, light clips, some heavy paper bowl things with Santa and snowmen that will be used to hold crayons at next year's breakfast with Santa, some snowman centerpieces, some candy and some lighted branches that can be used outside or inside. The most expensive item was the branches, at $3.00.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: