Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 09:14 AM   #226
Escape Artist
Planning another getaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink415 View Post
I've been dis-enchanted by the dessert party

We've been several times, mostly because its the only way I get to see the castle show and fireworks. My family members won't stand in a large crowd for the fireworks so going to the dessert party has been a a way for me to see the fireworks Anyway, our last trip I wanted a table for 2 on Dec. 14th. I couldn't get a ressie for 2 at all, tried many times. Finally I made the ressie for 3, no problem. While I enjoyed the show, and we had a great table despite making the ressie a couple days ahead of time, the dessert party was very sparsely attended on the 14th. There were many many empty tables. It puts me off that I couldn't get a table for 2 with so many empty tables available. That fact, along with how difficult it can be to find out when the ressies are going to be available, leaves a bad feeling. I did spend the $75 willingly, but I wish Disney would make the reservation system better. Seeing all those empty tables made me feel cheated having to pay for 3 when I wanted 2.
Totally understand your feelings. I'd really like to switch my dates from a Friday to Wednesday in January, but once you're booked, there's no flexibility. I wish there was a better way, too, but those empty seats were all paid for, so Disney is holding them in case those people show up. I really hate it that my Disney trip is less special because of people who overbook their vacations and clearly don't care about the money they're wasting (I can only imagine that!), and waste opportunities that others of us would dearly love to have. It's so rude!

Disney fans - if you have a reservation and you're not going to use it - CANCEL IT and make the space available for someone else! And PP, talk to MK guest relations about having to pay for that extra seat - that is crazy! This reservation system isn't working as well as it should be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Escape Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #227
Tink415
DIS Veteran

I should clarify. On Dec. 14th there were several tables where parties that had booked didn't show up, but there were many more entire sections of tables not booked at all for the dessert party (no name card on the tables). There were plenty of empty tables not paid for, close to or maybe more than the number of tables that were occupied.

I'm guessing reservations are setup so there are a set number of tables for each party size and when full that's it. I didn't know if the dessert party takes walk ups any longer, and I didn't want to chance not getting a table.
Anyway, I did love the castle show and seeing Tinkerbell fly by close up!
Tink415 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #228
Gary M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink415 View Post
I should clarify. On Dec. 14th there were several tables where parties that had booked didn't show up, but there were many more entire sections of tables not booked at all for the dessert party (no name card on the tables). There were plenty of empty tables not paid for, close to or maybe more than the number of tables that were occupied.

I'm guessing reservations are setup so there are a set number of tables for each party size and when full that's it. I didn't know if the dessert party takes walk ups any longer, and I didn't want to chance not getting a table.
Anyway, I did love the castle show and seeing Tinkerbell fly by close up!
DW and I had reserved and paid for the dessert party on Dec. 14. We both have valid AP's. When we got to the turnstiles at the MK at about 7:30 pm, they wouldn't let us into the park. We were told we need to buy a ticket to MVMCP in order to enter the park. I showed them our confirmation for the party and
were still refused admission. We were staying CL at the GF. We went to the concierge desk at a little after 8:00 pm and were credited to our credit card the cost of the dessert party ($51.10). I have e-mailed guest relations at WDW about the situation we found ourselves in. I'm looking for nothing more than them fixing this problem for others in the future.

We have attended the dessert party in the past with no problems.
Gary M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #229
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

You do need a ticket to MVMCP Or MNSSHP if your reservation for the dessert party falls in one of those party dates. Disney shouldn't let you in without a ticket, I agree with them there, BUT they should coordinate the dates better within their own website/CMs booking the DP and give a big warning that if you are attending the DP during one if those days you are obligated to purchase the hard ticketed event.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 12-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #230
Gary M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
You do need a ticket to MVMCP Or MNSSHP if your reservation for the dessert party falls in one of those party dates. Disney shouldn't let you in without a ticket, I agree with them there, BUT they should coordinate the dates better within their own website/CMs booking the DP and give a big warning that if you are attending the DP during one if those days you are obligated to purchase the hard ticketed event.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards
I agree they shouldn't let us into the MVMCP without paying for it, but as you said they should coordinate the events better. To be honest we aren't that interested in MVMCP and would have just attended the dessert party and left the MK after the fireworks.

The truth is we didn't know it was MVMCP that night, we hadn't even thought about it, because we weren't interested in attending it. I believe there were empty tables at the dessert party that night (according to what others said) because of our situation or who wants to pay for a hard ticket besides the cost of the dessert party just for the fireworks party. We have AP's and have for years. I'm not the kind of person trying to get away with something, without paying for it.
Gary M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #231
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

February is OPEN!!!

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #232
puppawuppa
Earning My Ears

Woohoo, just booked for Feb 10th. I can't wait !! º0º
puppawuppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #233
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

If you would like to check the 3rd link in my signature from time to time, there is a running list of who is going on what date...if you'd like to have a DIS-Meet, Let me know and i'll post that information on there as well.

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Old 01-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #234
browerjs
Earning My Ears

I just saw that feb opened in the the feb thread, and got a reservation for 4 on 2/3. I hadn't even heard of the dessert party before. I did make my reservation for 7:20 instead of 7:00, did I mess up by not getting the earliest time?
browerjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #235
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs
I just saw that feb opened in the the feb thread, and got a reservation for 4 on 2/3. I hadn't even heard of the dessert party before. I did make my reservation for 7:20 instead of 7:00, did I mess up by not getting the earliest time?
I don't believe so, it's the time the reservation is made that counts I think

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 01-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #236
rackerlee92
Mouseketeer

just booked 2/1

I was just able to book Feb 1, party of 4 at 7:15.

I first tried to book via phone CM, but was told no openings. I had to have my DH book via website (I'm not able to get on to the website from my work computer) and he was able to make the ressie!

I also have a dessert party ressie for 1/28/13, but will cancel it later this afternoon. Our first choice was 2/1 (it's our last night at WDW), but I took the 1/28 earlier when Jan opened so that we would have something - just in case.

thanks for all of the help!!

upcoming - Sunset Lakes Dec 14/Jan 15
Sunset Lakes Dec 13/Jan 14, Windsor Hills January 2013, Windsor Hills September 2012, POFQ February 2012, POR September 2010, DLR November 2009, AKL January 2008, POR October 2007
rackerlee92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #237
carolinakk
Mouseketeer

I just made an ADR for the dessert party weds feb 6th. I did it for 7:20. We have a dinner ADR at Tony's at 6pm. Hopefully we won't be pushing it too close.
carolinakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #238
fab5friend99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackerlee92 View Post
I was just able to book Feb 1, party of 4 at 7:15.

I first tried to book via phone CM, but was told no openings. I had to have my DH book via website (I'm not able to get on to the website from my work computer) and he was able to make the ressie!

I also have a dessert party ressie for 1/28/13, but will cancel it later this afternoon. Our first choice was 2/1 (it's our last night at WDW), but I took the 1/28 earlier when Jan opened so that we would have something - just in case.

thanks for all of the help!!
How do you book on the website? I can't find the dessert party since the website changed.
fab5friend99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #239
rackerlee92
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab5friend99 View Post
How do you book on the website? I can't find the dessert party since the website changed.
I had to put it in the search bar in the upper right hand corner. I think I put in the entire name: Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party. The event came up and then had to click on Make Reservation.

Good luck!

upcoming - Sunset Lakes Dec 14/Jan 15
Sunset Lakes Dec 13/Jan 14, Windsor Hills January 2013, Windsor Hills September 2012, POFQ February 2012, POR September 2010, DLR November 2009, AKL January 2008, POR October 2007
rackerlee92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #240
Mainebound
DIS Veteran

This is a super helpful thread. Thank you all!

We are looking into this for our Feb vacation. On the night we are thinking of, there is only the one parade, at 7:00pm, then Wishes at 8:00. Times open are 7:00 and 7:15 for the Tomorrowland Terrace Party. I guess we would have to miss the parade to do this? Is that correct? Thanks for any info!
Feb 2014 Beach Club/ Royal Pacific Resort, Feb 2013, Dolphin ; June 2012, Windsor Hills "Stich's Hideout" /Royal Pacific Resort, March 2011 WDW Dolphin, August 2009 Hard Rock Hotel, March 2008 Windsor Hills "Lakeview House"/ Portofino Bay, March 2007 Windsor Hills "Gigha Villa", March 2006 Emerald Island "The Bonita", March 2005 Emerald Island "Emerald Footprints" / Wilderness Lodge, March 2004 Swan/ Hard Rock Hotel, March 2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Mainebound is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dessert party, magic kingdom, terrace, tomorrowland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: