Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #556
sasbass
Earning My Ears

KPetty725....Would love to set up a playdate at the Mickey pool! Glad to know there is another DD who is 3!

Is anyone spending the night in Galveston on the 14th? I was trying to figure out the best place to stay.

First timer here.....what are the wave phone holders for? Is it like a cell phone and needs to be protected from kids!?

Last edited by sasbass; 01-03-2013 at 12:27 AM. Reason: sent before finished
sasbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #557
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

I am sure that someone in the FE group is making wave phone holders for gifts too.

Love the hammock idea Gina. I had never thought of that. Great pictures. Makes me wish the cruise was tomorrow.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #558
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasbass View Post
First timer here.....what are the wave phone holders for? Is it like a cell phone and needs to be protected from kids!?

Here's a pic of the phones:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis...htm#wavephones

Since there's a $250 charge for any lost, damaged, or non-returned phones, I think we're all a little afraid our kids will drop them in the pool or something, lol.

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #559
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

We're staying at the Comfort Suites Galveston. Two queens and a sofa bed, super nice for 5 of us so I don't have to have both the boys in bed with me. Has continental breakfast too. We're paying $99. They also have a shuttle and you can leave the car there. It's costing $30 total for all 5 of us roundtrip so slightly cheaper than the parking places.

Do we put who it is from on our FE gifts? It hadn't occurred to me, I was thinking like secret santa but a question on the main board made me wonder what we should do.

My oldest went back to school today so I'm thinking of grabbing the stuff and working on it for a bit here if the little one will let me work in peace. If not, I'll have to wait until Mon. when he's back at preschool.

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #560
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish View Post
Gina, tell me again where to park. I know you did some research on this. I think you even worked out a deal with a lot near the port, correct? Can you give me the details again??

So sorry, I totally forgot to answer this!! I'm parking at Discount Cruise Parking. Not only are they way cheaper than the others, but there's a convenience store right there (beer & wine!), there are restrooms, they shuttle us and our luggage to and from the port, the parking is secure, they have everything that is important to me. And since they're right over the causeway on Harborside, I don't have to get caught up in the traffic right near the port.

Enter the promo code "8115" for an additional $5 off -- that makes the whole thing only $35!

I've also used Park n' Cruise, Lighthouse, and EZ Cruise, and would have no trouble recommending them as well. But I really like the additional amenities Discount has to offer. Hope this helps!

-gina-

Old 01-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #561
SunshineCruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Is anyone spending the night in Galveston on the 14th? I was trying to figure out the best place to stay.
We are staying a Hotel Galvez. You can book it directly through DCL, but we booked it on our own, and DCL still gave us free transfers from the hotel to the ship the next morning. Disney loads your luggage right at the hotel, and you don't have to handle it again, as they send it right to your stateroom on the ship. It is a bit more expensive - we paid $165 for a room for 5 people, but we wanted to splurge a bit for Valentine's Day. We are also going to get there very early in the afternoon, so we will have all day to enjoy the hotel. I don't know anything about parking there though as we will not have a car.
SunshineCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #562
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Gina, nice pics. You will have to book an aft balcony on the Dream or Fantasy next. Those are pretty big too.
So, I have the list of things I need to buy for my adult FE gifts, I just have to get out there and buy them. I have a monster sinus infection right now and it's slowing me down. I have all this motivation in my head and I can't seem to get it to the outside of my body.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #563
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCruiser View Post
We are staying a Hotel Galvez. You can book it directly through DCL, but we booked it on our own, and DCL still gave us free transfers from the hotel to the ship the next morning. Disney loads your luggage right at the hotel, and you don't have to handle it again, as they send it right to your stateroom on the ship. It is a bit more expensive - we paid $165 for a room for 5 people, but we wanted to splurge a bit for Valentine's Day. We are also going to get there very early in the afternoon, so we will have all day to enjoy the hotel. I don't know anything about parking there though as we will not have a car.

Have you stayed there before? The Galvez is so beautiful... she's called The Queen of the Gulf for good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
Gina, nice pics. You will have to book an aft balcony on the Dream or Fantasy next. Those are pretty big too.

That's what I hear! Unfortunately, unless DCL offers some sort of fly-free-to-Florida deal, this'll be it for us and DCL for a while. But we also have had such a good time on RCI -- I have no trouble sailing with them again. Princess is the only one I wouldn't really do again.

Quote:
So, I have the list of things I need to buy for my adult FE gifts, I just have to get out there and buy them. I have a monster sinus infection right now and it's slowing me down. I have all this motivation in my head and I can't seem to get it to the outside of my body.

Awwww, that's no fun! But hey, better to get the germs out of the way now than next month, right?? Feel better!!

Old 01-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #564
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipsNSnails View Post
Do we put who it is from on our FE gifts? It hadn't occurred to me, I was thinking like secret santa but a question on the main board made me wonder what we should do.
I was wondering the same thing. That and whether we should wrap it or not. Anyone who has done a FEE before have thoughts?

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #565
Gina

I definitely have never wrapped ours, but usually do put our names on there somewhere. I know that I like to know who the gifts were from when I get them! But I'm sure others might have a different preference.

I have an FEE question myself... there are an awful lot of people on the spreadsheet who *never* post -- Are these people still even on our cruise?

Old 01-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #566
tryin
Mouseketeer

We are staying at Harbor House. This may change if I find a cheaper rate. I'm not sure I will though with it being Valentines Day and needing a room for 5.
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #567
Tass
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I've never stayed there, but we are booked at the Hotel Galvez on the 14th. We made it easy on ourselves and booked everything through DCL - the hotel and ground transfers from Hobby to Hotel Galvez, Hotel to Port on the 15th, and from Port to Hobby after the cruise. Everything I've read has been favorable for the Hotel Galvez - we're hoping that's true for us as well
Tass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #568
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Lets do a FEE check in to make sure everyone is still cruising now that the 3 groups are closed. Please post or email me at beth@sitesandsounds.com to let me know that you are still in.

Thanks,
Beth

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #569
FSU88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipsNSnails View Post
I'm going to put our names on the ones we hand out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
I definitely have never wrapped ours, but usually do put our names on there somewhere. I know that I like to know who the gifts were from when I get them! But I'm sure others might have a different preference.
This mirrors my thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
I have an FEE question myself... there are an awful lot of people on the spreadsheet who *never* post -- Are these people still even on our cruise?
Good question. I'm still making something for all the cabins in my group. Hopefully everyone on the list is at least looking at the FEE document it even if they do not post here.

Also - for those listed as GTY, when do you usually get your cabin assignments?? Will it be before the 14th? If not, make sure to put your cabin number on the FEE gifts you leave for the group so we can find you.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #570
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun
Lets do a FEE check in to make sure everyone is still cruising now that the 3 groups are closed. Please post or email me at beth@sitesandsounds.com to let me know that you are still in.

Thanks,
Beth
Pretty sure it's obvious but I'm definitely still in. :-) So excited!!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: