Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
mbrou24
Theme Park Veteran

Hollywood studios rumor i just saw

Any truth to the rumor I saw that hs will he retheming into something like universal with different worlds? I've seen it mentioned before but just trying to get an update/spark the debate
mbrou24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

Well someone had an extensive rumor about this a little while back, but I thought it fizzled out.

Disney Transport Drivers???? Are you here???
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, 2013 *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS - 2013 *TOKYO DL* Offsite - 2014
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

Interesting. They need to do a lot with HS. I know they have "Sunset Boulevard" with ToT and RnRC. Pixar Place has TSM and ... Streets of America has Muppets lol. I could see them maybe overhauling the area by Indiana Jones one day to add a Star Wars show or another Star Wars themed ride. HS has to have something added soon though.
ChrisnKim913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
roushcivic
Earning My Ears

i would be down with some retheming, but what they got now works. kinda.

first they need to retheme the rocking roller coaster. its a nice ride, but theme doesnt fit at all. retheme to a tron ride. the room where you see aerosmith in the recoding studio, thats where the computer sucks you in.

second, i hope that with the purchase of lucasfilm they will be able to expand on star wars to give us a star wars land.

and i know they dont have alot of land to work with. but if they got rid of the backlot tour and the car show (name escapes me) thats plenty of land to add a new small "land"
roushcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
rutgers1
DIS Veteran

A Star Wars land would be a winner in my book.

I recently ran the half marathon, and there seemed to be more land around Disney than I previously thought. I would love to see if there is land bordering Hollywood Studios in which they could expand.

At a bare minimum, I think that Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom both need at least 2 more high profile rides. I don't mind HS as much since I kind of consider it part of Epcot (We walk between the two.), but sometimes we don't go to Animal Kingdom since only a few of the rides appeal to the family.
rutgers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #6
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

I just really feel Indiana Jones has run its course. Time for something a little more relevant. With Disney purchasing LucasFilm and making more movies, I think it's inevitable.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #7
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

It would be nice for it to have some more cohesive lands for sure and not just a mishmash all over the park!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #8
WizardLarz
DIS Veteran

Pixar Place

There is thought that Pixar Place may be exspanded. There is rumor of Cars Land (or at least the Racers & Tractors). Plus there was talk a couple of years ago about a Monster's INC rollercoster. They do have some room to work with just not as much as AK.

'88 Off Site -only two parks '00 Off Site '08 Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (Yes,I realy used a tent!) '09 Pop Century
'10 Boardwalk Villas SWW '11 Pop F&W '11 Pop Century Mars Preview '12 Pop Century(hey it's cheap) SWW '12 Pop Century (yes Again)

2010 PRT "I'm off to see the Mickey! The wonderfull cool Mouse! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2383922

WizardLarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #9
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

Yea it would be nice to add on to Pixar Place, whether its a cars land or some pieces from it and a Monsters inc./Rattatoule (sorry for spelling lol) coaster. It's such a shame b/c I really do enjoy this park. I just hate always having to sit down and watch a show... I want rides!! Don't get me wrong... a few shows are nice, but 6 is a little much (7 if you want to count Jack Sparrow).
Old 01-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
shyeyes
Earning My Ears

i love HS, too. but i agree that it needs some heavy updating.

i would keep the movie ride because it is a classic but perhaps they need to add some more updated movie scenes? backlot - it's also a classic. and they always need to keep a couple of classics.

toy story mania has to stay - star tours, too.

but i would like to see pixar car type rides (or radiator springs like in DL, CA).

would be really nice if we could see something regarding marvel comics?

i'm a big x-men and avengers geek, though. so that's just wishful thinking on my part. i am guessing marvel comics would fit in HS the most? especially as HS is competing with the likes of universal studios.
shyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #11
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyeyes View Post
i love HS, too. but i agree that it needs some heavy updating.

i would keep the movie ride because it is a classic but perhaps they need to add some more updated movie scenes? backlot - it's also a classic. and they always need to keep a couple of classics.

toy story mania has to stay - star tours, too.

but i would like to see pixar car type rides (or radiator springs like in DL, CA).

would be really nice if we could see something regarding marvel comics?

i'm a big x-men and avengers geek, though. so that's just wishful thinking on my part. i am guessing marvel comics would fit in HS the most? especially as HS is competing with the likes of universal studios.
Sadly, part of Disney's deal when they bought Marvel was that they couldn't use any of the characters that Universal is using in any way in their Florida parks. There was mention a while back of Innoventions being rethemed as the Stark Expo, and I'm not sure if that's still happening or not, but you will never see Spiderman, X-Men, Hulk, etc in Disney World unless Universal suddenly decided to change over the 2nd most popular part of their entire Theme Park, which they have no real reason to do.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #12
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushcivic View Post
i would be down with some retheming, but what they got now works. kinda.

first they need to retheme the rocking roller coaster. its a nice ride, but theme doesnt fit at all. retheme to a tron ride. the room where you see aerosmith in the recoding studio, thats where the computer sucks you in.

second, i hope that with the purchase of lucasfilm they will be able to expand on star wars to give us a star wars land.

and i know they dont have alot of land to work with. but if they got rid of the backlot tour and the car show (name escapes me) thats plenty of land to add a new small "land"
I disagree a little. Maybe a retheme maybe a little better, but TRON ride wouldn't work for that area. At least RnR is a limo going thru the streets to Hollywood/Cali. Don't get me wrong, a tron type ride would be cool at WDW somewhere but off of Sunset Blvd by the ToT, I think not.

I agree to a Star Wars area. And like others, I agree to expansion of Pixar Place. They could do alot with Monsters, Inc, Cars, etc.
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, 2013 *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS - 2013 *TOKYO DL* Offsite - 2014
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #13
Birdman1511
Don't listen to that guy. He's trying to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'm gonna lead you down the path that *rocks*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushcivic View Post
....you're joking, right?

1990-Offiste1992-Dixie Landings1994-Polynesian1996-Grand Floridian1998-Grand Floridian2001-All Star Movies2005-Polynesian 2007-Officially moved in with the mouse!! 2009-CBR
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars
Birdman1511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #14
mbrou24
Theme Park Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyworld1977
Well someone had an extensive rumor about this a little while back, but I thought it fizzled out.

Disney Transport Drivers???? Are you here???
Yea I had read that a while back, but saw this rumor on another site. And kinda out two and two together with the whole earful tower being part of promotions for hs again, the rumor I saw the guy said he will be a part of the "dismantling of the big hat" so it all kind of coincided.
mbrou24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #15
Disneyfreak44
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman1511 View Post
....you're joking, right?
I agree with Birdman the Aerosmith theme for the ride is awesome my all time favorite band everything about the theme and the story just works with this ride.
Most recent trip was to Walt Disney World we stayed at Caribbean beach and got to experience mymagic+ and the Magic Bands and it was awesome!
Disneyfreak44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: