Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #196
ethanash1
A little bit of Pixie Dust can fix almost anything......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuetink
So I finally listed my DVC points for rent so I can pay for this cruise!! It wasn't on for more then a few minutes and I'm already getting requests!!
Hey! I need points! Any left? I need 15 as a transfer.... Heading to Aulani in June.

Port Orleans French Quarter March 2009Disney Magic Western Caribbean March 2010
Disneyland VGC June 2010Disneyland VGC Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
ethanash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #197
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanash1 View Post
Hey! I need points! Any left? I need 15 as a transfer.... Heading to Aulani in June.
I've never transferred points!! How does that work???

PM me!!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #198
ethanash1
A little bit of Pixie Dust can fix almost anything......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuetink

I've never transferred points!! How does that work???

PM me!!!
Sent you a PM. Thanks!

Port Orleans French Quarter March 2009Disney Magic Western Caribbean March 2010
Disneyland VGC June 2010Disneyland VGC Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
ethanash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #199
goiu
Mouseketeer

Well, so glad we weren't sick on our trip. But DS (4), DD (6) and me have been sick ever since we got home. Thankfully DH hasn't caught it. Talked to a lot of people from our cruise and quite a few of us all have the same thing. Might have to take DS to the doctor tomorrow. I'm pretty definite he's got croup. So glad we are home for this!!
goiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:43 AM   #200
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

So it looks like I have decided to book this cruise. Haven't done it yet, but I will do it in a few weeks. I would like to keep this cruise, but, there is a chance it will be a dummy booking.

So hello fellow cruisers!!
This will be our first ever Disney cruise. Sailing will be myself, and my 3 kids, we will be 31, 14, 10, and 8 at the time of sailing. Sailing with us will be a friends family, which will be her, her DH, DS14, and DD8. This is their first Disney cruise as well. My DBF will not make this cruise, as he is going back home to El Salvador to visit with family.

I noticed many of you were in the medical field, I was in pharmacy services for about 10 years, but now I just have my part time job as a Cast Member.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better, and I hope you do not mind my first timer questions. It seems most of you are previous cruisers.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #201
IndigoMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goiu View Post
Well, so glad we weren't sick on our trip. But DS (4), DD (6) and me have been sick ever since we got home. Thankfully DH hasn't caught it. Talked to a lot of people from our cruise and quite a few of us all have the same thing. Might have to take DS to the doctor tomorrow. I'm pretty definite he's got croup. So glad we are home for this!!
I'm sorry to hear that; I hope you get good news from the doctor and those working with 'em.

-Anni
IndigoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #202
IndigoMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuetink View Post
Are we going to plan on having a Meet & Greet on boarding day?

We did this on our last cruise and we all met at the Promenade Lounge at around 3:00pm. We also did a gift exchange for anyone who wanted to participate, but it certainly wasn't a requirement to come to the Meet & Greet. Those who participated brought a gift that was something significant to where they lived. It was a lot of fun meeting everyone and getting to know who you all are prior to sailing, and then meeting familiar faces during the cruise!! Everyone was given a name tag with their first name and their DIS name so you knew who was who from here!!

Just a thought!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanash1 View Post
Sounds fun! I would be up for that....... For the gift exchange, was it a single gift for a random person, like white elephant? Or everyone attending gets a gift from each person?

A meet & greet would be great!

The gift exchange could be fun, too!!

-Anni
Old 01-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #203
IndigoMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
So it looks like I have decided to book this cruise. Haven't done it yet, but I will do it in a few weeks. I would like to keep this cruise, but, there is a chance it will be a dummy booking.

So hello fellow cruisers!!
This will be our first ever Disney cruise. Sailing will be myself, and my 3 kids, we will be 31, 14, 10, and 8 at the time of sailing. Sailing with us will be a friends family, which will be her, her DH, DS14, and DD8. This is their first Disney cruise as well. My DBF will not make this cruise, as he is going back home to El Salvador to visit with family.

I noticed many of you were in the medical field, I was in pharmacy services for about 10 years, but now I just have my part time job as a Cast Member.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better, and I hope you do not mind my first timer questions. It seems most of you are previous cruisers.
Welcome! I hope you can join us.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #204
goeva
DIS Veteran

Greetings from Texas.
We're going to transfer our current ressi and join you all on this cruise. Cant resist CC double dip.
It will be me (Eva), DH (Tim), DD (9), DS (4) at the time of cruise.

MeDH DD DS

Last edited by goeva; 01-02-2013 at 02:26 PM.
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #205
IndigoMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeva View Post
Greetings from Texas.
We're going to transfer our current ressi and join you all on this cruise. Cant resist CC double dip.
It will be me (Eva), DH (Tim), DD (9), DS (4) at the time of cruise.

Eva, glad you can join us.
(There's a Facebook group, too.)

-Anni
Old 01-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #206
ksinglet
Oh Yeah - Platinum!!!!

Quote:
Are we going to plan on having a Meet & Greet on boarding day?

We did this on our last cruise and we all met at the Promenade Lounge at around 3:00pm. We also did a gift exchange for anyone who wanted to participate, but it certainly wasn't a requirement to come to the Meet & Greet. Those who participated brought a gift that was something significant to where they lived. It was a lot of fun meeting everyone and getting to know who you all are prior to sailing, and then meeting familiar faces during the cruise!! Everyone was given a name tag with their first name and their DIS name so you knew who was who from here!!

Just a thought!!!

I like the idea of a first day meet up - my last cruise had one planned but we were the cruise following hurricane Sandy & we weren't allowed to board til later in the day and had no sail away party due to the late arrival of the ship.

We would also be up for a gift exchange.

Our last cruise also did custom lanyards. I sent a message to the person who organized them to see what was all involved, but they came out to be only $3 per person. If that is of any interest to anyone I'll look into it further when I get info from my past group member.

99 - Port Orleans & Disney Wonder, 00 - Port Orleans & Disney Wonder, 01 - Port Orleans, 02 - Disney Magic, 03 - Disney Magic, 04 - Disneyland Resort, 05 - Disney Magic, 06 - Disney Magic, 07 - Disney Magic, 08 - Disney Magic, 09 - Saratoga Springs & Disney Magic, 11 - Saratoga Springs & Disney Wonder, 12 - Bay Lake Tower & Disney Fantasy, 13 - B2B Disney Magic, 14 - B2B Disney Magic

[

ksinglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #207
ksinglet
Oh Yeah - Platinum!!!!

Quote:
So I finally listed my DVC points for rent so I can pay for this cruise!! It wasn't on for more then a few minutes and I'm already getting requests!!
Curious.....

Is renting out your points a better deal than using them to "pay" for your cruise? We are DVC members & have used our points to cruise the last 5 years. We decided to book cash this year because we are a year borrowed out in our points we wanted to catch up a year.

99 - Port Orleans & Disney Wonder, 00 - Port Orleans & Disney Wonder, 01 - Port Orleans, 02 - Disney Magic, 03 - Disney Magic, 04 - Disneyland Resort, 05 - Disney Magic, 06 - Disney Magic, 07 - Disney Magic, 08 - Disney Magic, 09 - Saratoga Springs & Disney Magic, 11 - Saratoga Springs & Disney Wonder, 12 - Bay Lake Tower & Disney Fantasy, 13 - B2B Disney Magic, 14 - B2B Disney Magic

[

Old 01-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #208
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Two Eva's! Now we'll really confuse people!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #209
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksinglet View Post
Curious.....

Is renting out your points a better deal than using them to "pay" for your cruise? We are DVC members & have used our points to cruise the last 5 years. We decided to book cash this year because we are a year borrowed out in our points we wanted to catch up a year.
It's all in how you look at it!! Different people will give you a different opinion!! For US it works better because I don't want to go to WDW now as my kids aren't into rides too much, and we all love the DCL trips... ESPECIALLY my kids!!! And that's all that really matters... Isn't it???

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #210
ksinglet
Oh Yeah - Platinum!!!!

Quote:
It's all in how you look at it!! Different people will give you a different opinion!! For US it works better because I don't want to go to WDW now as my kids aren't into rides too much, and we all love the DCL trips... ESPECIALLY my kids!!! And that's all that really matters... Isn't it???
We have never used our points for more than 2 days at WDW pre or post cruise. We bought into DVC strictly because we could use them to pay for our cruise as opposed to going to WDW. I've never thought of renting them out - mainly because we have been 1 year in the hole since we bought
I suppose I'd have to sit down and do the math on what the points are worth as cash to see the exchange rate......hmmmm food for thought!

[

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: