Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #76
amazingact21
Upendi

Those rider swaps are awesome; makes traveling with a baby just a tiny bit easier.

That's awesome that your mom loved EE! My mom was not a fan of the backwards part at all.

Your Yak and Yeti lunch looks really good, and yeah, the QS plan does include those huge sodas. Normally, I just get a water that way I'm not stuck with all that caffeine.

Devine looks so amazing. I'm very jealous you happened to run into her!

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #77
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Note to myself - EE and Dino photo can be added to PP+

Just a quick answer to your last response - yes, we go twice a year and I guess you need a really big screen to see all the tickers line up
The bottom two tickers are for our summer trip (5 weeks - 2 Fantasy cruises back to back, a short visit to Key West and 2 WDW weeks) and next year's February trip.

I love all your ride photos - perfect that you didn't have to wait long with your rider switch pass!
Your mom is so brave for doing EE knowing it goes backwards. Tom and I love that ride and have done it quite often. Have you tried sitting in the front? You'll get the most awesome view of all the WDW icons.

Can't wait for more!
Yes! That's one thing I'm loving about PP+ is that i'm able to add all rides that have a photo to my card and don't have to pay extra for it! Especially when they charge like $15 for one photo per ride, and we'd have to buy two since all three of us can't be in one photo at once! Plus, if you're doing any character meals, you can get that added to the card too

Oh wow you have some amazing trips coming up! That's fantastic!

Right when they got in line for EE I tried calling DH to tell him to try and sit near the front. Then he told me they were already boarding and sitting in the second to last row!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
The transportation is the worst part about DTD! It's actually the reason we skip it most of the time, just not worth it. Even when you drive, parking is always a pain too. They do have some great food options though. I'll definitely have to try the cookies sometime.

That was awesome of your mom to let you guys get some sleep. I'm sure she enjoyed some grandma time as much as you enjoyed a stress free night.

Isn't the Rider Swap great??? Especially if you're the one that gets the extra ride.
I've heard awful things about trying to find parking at DTD. Geez, you'd think they'd build a parking structure or something to accommodate people and make it more car friendly. How sad, since there's some really good eats and shopping to be had down there.

Sleeping was definitely amazing and something I was missing for the past 6 months! (I say 6 months because I was getting up to pee every 2-3 hours during my last trimester and going back to sleep was terrible!) So we slept great!

I think DH liked Rider Swap the best! Man, getting to ride twice with hardly any wait must be rough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Reading again without pictures, but I have to agree that the master BR at Kidani is just amazing. We stayed in a 2BR several years ago and loved it. I mean LOVED it! And that BR was THE BEST!

We did the QS dining plan in June and it worked out really well for our group of 9. We had a bunch of kids with us and it was so convenient for a big group. Your meal sounds really yummy.

Yeah that your mom road EE and loved it! I gave my SIL a FP for it in June so she could ride with her oldest son. I had no idea about her tolerance for thrill rides. Well, she ended up getting sick to her stomach after the ride. I felt bad.
Oh no! A TR isn't a TR without some pics! Hope you can get to a computer that lets you view pics sometime soon

DH and I really enjoyed the QS dining. It was nice not having to plan any dining arrangements beforehand. And I can really see this dining plan being an option for a large group like yours! Makes dining much easier!

Oh gosh! I remember thinking right as my mom and DH were walking to get on EE, "I really hope she doesn't get dizzy or sick and it'd be all my fault since I pushed her to get on!" I was just praying she'd get off the ride fine and enjoy it, which thank god she did!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #78
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Those rider swaps are awesome; makes traveling with a baby just a tiny bit easier.

That's awesome that your mom loved EE! My mom was not a fan of the backwards part at all.

Your Yak and Yeti lunch looks really good, and yeah, the QS plan does include those huge sodas. Normally, I just get a water that way I'm not stuck with all that caffeine.

Devine looks so amazing. I'm very jealous you happened to run into her!

You're so right about making it easier! It really was accommodating and I felt special that Disney doesn't forget about those who get 'left behind' not being able to ride because they're tending to a small child

When they handed me the soda I was thinking, what the heck!! There's no way I can drink all this!

It was so awesome running into her. She's definitely a show all in her own!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #79
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Another great update!

How awesome your mom liked EE! It is such a fun ride.

We love Yak & Yeti! We have only done the TS for it though.

Silly question: how/where do you get the rider swap ticket?
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #80
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Another great update!

How awesome your mom liked EE! It is such a fun ride.

We love Yak & Yeti! We have only done the TS for it though.

Silly question: how/where do you get the rider swap ticket?
Definitely not a silly question since I had no idea either!

Your entire party, including the baby, has to go up to the CM that's in front of the Stand-by line and say you need a rider swap pass, and they ask, "Who's waiting behind?" Usually it was always me to wait, so I would say that I was and they handed me the ticket and usually told me I could wait in the gift shop (when it was cold or rainy) and wait for my party to come out. Then when DM and DH would come out, DH and I would go to the FP line, hand them our rider swap ticket, and we were on our way! It really did work out great and is super easy. You just have to make sure you have your entire party go up with you, so you can't be separated.

Planning for the future???

Old 01-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #81
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Hello Lesha-

Another fabulous TR! Your baby is absolutely adorable! Love your hubby's comment about "nature", that sounds like something my husband would say !!

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
TheThomsLuvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #82
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
Hello Lesha-

Another fabulous TR! Your baby is absolutely adorable! Love your hubby's comment about "nature", that sounds like something my husband would say !!
DH is always so quick with jokes! And there I was shaking my head while others around us laughed

Old 01-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #83
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

After gawking over the lovely Divine, we made our way to Kilamanjaro Safaris to grab FPs since it was so late in the day, we knew the line was going to be too long. Then we got sidetracked by a PP photographer so we took a few pictures in front of the magnificent tree:

We finally made it to the safari and when we got there, the wait was only 5 minutes! Um, okay lets get on now then!

As we were getting in line, one of the CMs that was there talking to guests waiting in line to board the vehicle, looked exactly like one of DHs sisters best friend so we asked if we could take her picture. She said, Ive been getting that a lot lately! Like I look like someones aunt or cousin or friend so, yes please take a picture!

While in line for the ride, I received a text that our room was ready, which was great since this was probably going to be the last thing we did at AK. We boarded immediately and we were on our way!

I didnt take too many pictures of the safari but did capture two of my favorite animals!

The Giraffe

and the Zebra

Once the ride was over and we were idling in the vehicle getting ready to get out, she asked, Have animals ever attacked? It looks like some are free to roam? I didnt know, but being the nosey person my mom is, she asked a CM as we were getting off. I think she was primarily talking about the White Rhino that appears to have no enclosure. When mom came back, the CM had told her that in fact, a rhino had rammed a vehicle before a long time ago and thats why they go slowly through some of the animal habitats I never thought about animals attacking the vehicles before. But I also thought that more of the 'scarier' animals, were held back by moat type things?

Anyway, mom ended up totally enjoying this ride, which really surprised me. I didnt think she would be interested in a safari type ride, but she loved seeing the various animals and getting all excited going through the alligator(or is it crocs? Not the shoes people!)

We told her there was much more animal trails to do and see but we were all ready to head back to the room and unpack.

On our way out we got a few more PP pictures:

While DH and I were on EE, mom bought DS a mini Yeti and a snow leopard and he ended up falling asleep with them:

Thought i'd mention, that we ended up taking off DS's pants and socks earlier in the day because of how warm and muggy it was! That's why he's half naked lol

And exiting the park:

I was so ticked when I got home to view our pictures from PP because it was after the above picture was taken, when the photographer had stuck a wrapped present in front of DSs stroller and we were told to make the shushing noise and to look down at the present at the same time. She told me that Stitch would be popping out and the picture never showed up! Oh well, maybe next Christmas?

Last edited by Leshaface; 01-02-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #84
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Hi Lesha,

Just got caught up on your TR - sounds like a really great vacation so far! The pictures of DS are lovely, I have a bigger one those Yeti plush toys, so cute!

Hope you had enjoyed the holidays, and happy 2013!

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #85
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a great time at AK, I love the Photopass pictures!

Calvin is such a cutie DS.@8@2):;£
Glkqedoqe
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #86
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535

Glkqedoqe
Sorry DS grabbed the iPad lol
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #87
MEK
DIS Veteran

All caught up on your pictures and your son just gets cuter an cuter with every picture. I love all the PP poses - they turned out great.

I'm not sure if your mom liked Dinosaur all that much? And what's with the guy blocking your mom's EE pics. Serious photobomb with the hands!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #88
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Great updates! Nice that your son slept so much. He looks so cute in the first close up with the yeti, he must be able to sense them there because he had a lil smile on his face

Seems like you had a lot of luck with low waits too.

I really want to try the banana pudding!

Sorry about the Portuguese/Mexican confusion, I'll still keep reading
Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #89
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

I love the pics with Calvin and his yeti and snow leopard! SO cute! The giraffes and zebras are my favorties, too. When booking our honeymoon at AKL back in 2008, I told my husband we had to stay there "cuz babe, there's girafas y cebras!" He just laughs at me And of course when it came time to buy DVC, it was the only one I considered. And I am seriously jonesing for a trip "home"... Until then, I'll just have to live vicariously through your report.
happenin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #90
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Hi Lesha,

Just got caught up on your TR - sounds like a really great vacation so far! The pictures of DS are lovely, I have a bigger one those Yeti plush toys, so cute!

Hope you had enjoyed the holidays, and happy 2013!

Emma x
Hi Emma happy new year to you my friend!

I loved the big yeti then when my mom saw the little one she thought it would be perfect for DS and it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post

Glkqedoqe
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Sorry DS grabbed the iPad lol
Haha you should have seen me trying to decipher that message! I was trying really hard to figure out what that meant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
All caught up on your pictures and your son just gets cuter an cuter with every picture. I love all the PP poses - they turned out great.

I'm not sure if your mom liked Dinosaur all that much? And what's with the guy blocking your mom's EE pics. Serious photobomb with the hands!
Yeah I don't think she liked it as much as Indy. Oh man I know about the photobomb! I was hoping if we had time we could head back there to retake her picture but we never did. Next time perhaps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
Great updates! Nice that your son slept so much. He looks so cute in the first close up with the yeti, he must be able to sense them there because he had a lil smile on his face

Seems like you had a lot of luck with low waits too.

I really want to try the banana pudding!

Sorry about the Portuguese/Mexican confusion, I'll still keep reading
Haha no worries about the confusion!

Yes I love that picture! In fact, I just ordered it yesterday through snapfish so I can hang it. I love when he smiles in his sleep. It's probably the most precious thing ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by happenin2you View Post
I love the pics with Calvin and his yeti and snow leopard! SO cute! The giraffes and zebras are my favorties, too. When booking our honeymoon at AKL back in 2008, I told my husband we had to stay there "cuz babe, there's girafas y cebras!" He just laughs at me And of course when it came time to buy DVC, it was the only one I considered. And I am seriously jonesing for a trip "home"... Until then, I'll just have to live vicariously through your report.
Aw man, so no future trips planned?! Hey I never asked, how was NYE in your town?! I bet it was nuts!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: