Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #1
goodshepherd
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up a magical time, inspiration for kids :-) trip report

I myself am veterans to disney world and disneyland...

we went for halloween also.

but ahhh the xmas time disneyland is truly magical :-)

for my son who has been speech delayed (and is making progress everyday) it was truly a magical time!!!! and no father could be happier with the product that we got from disney :-)

the disneyland lines WERE CRAZY LONG!!!

we patiently waited 3 hours in the line for cars town racers.... IT WAS WORTH IT.... WOW!!!! yep there were a total of about 4-5 maintenance breakdowns on the rides for us that day......but they handled them ok...

we used the fastpass system pretty good, and it paid off. we were able to get about 2-3 fastpasses per day with a slow pace.

the xmas parade was truly great!!! as was the snow...

small world was way better at night!!!! wow!!! waiting in line is ok there as you have little shows to watch with the outside of the small world ride. the line can be long at 1.5 hours or sooo... it was ok though :-) lots to look at and listen too. this rise has an overlay for xmas as well.

season passholders enjoy discounts for food as well....... we found the pizza to be wayyyy cheap in the hause and the rocket port....

the zocal food was truly great too, with carne asada hitting the spot.

the ranch activities were great for a young child to do, and the music was funny

ended our last nigh in disney seeing the fireworks from the storybook canal boats :-) wow talk about a front row seat!!!! they stop the boats and u watch from there.

for a father who is taking the time to raise and teach a (soon to be formerly) speech delayed child, there is no better magic that seeing a child progression at disney :-) , 1st from a 3 year old awe and bewilderment.....too much going on around...., to a 4 year old smile and inquisitive nature...........

.....to a 5 year olds fun time and wanting to do everything, and looking at the map to see what to go on.......and wanting to pick what food to eat....

....this is the magic of disney :-) as we grow our children.

for a single father of a 5 yo child..... it is truly magnificant!!

see u guys in the summer :-) and thanks to disney for the great work they did at xmas time!!!! (halloween was pretty cool too)

-goodshepherd

goodshepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #2
goodshepherd
Earning My Ears

Hidden places :-)

i always like to find hidden places to get away from the crowds.... some of you know them already hahahaha

(1) in disney, where the columbia is docked when its not running..... theres a small "warf" like restauraunt there. empty alot, go all the way round to the back, and its empty!! :-)

(2) the bear restuaraunt has the train go by and if you goto the far back, its usually empty.

(3) california, V8's flows cafe for lunch, around the side is usually an empty spot, and the racecars zoom by :-)

secret places :-)
Old 01-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #3
goodshepherd
Earning My Ears

we went from dec 26-dec 28 2012

:-)

i think dec 28 was a socal day......(u notice!! hehehe).... bigger crowd that day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: