Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #1966
livinlife25
DIS Veteran

Are there dressers in the royal rooms?

April 2014- Pop Century
Jan 2013- POR
Sep 2009- AKL
2 visits in 1990's- OKW
Old 01-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #1967
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlife25 View Post
Are there dressers in the royal rooms?
If you scroll down at this linked page you can see a virtual 360 of the Royal Room: http://www.portorleans.org/royal-rooms.php
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #1968
PeanutButterMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina
Arrived at POR yesterday and got exactly what I requested. Ressie ws for RR-GV and requested Oak Manor, Ground floor and facing riverside courtyard Was shocked that I got it, and yes I did fax in a request 5 days before arrival day Also the bounce back offer is now given with your room paperwork, inside a new guide, "Be our Guest guide" stapled in the center with a nice small poster to give our DDs.
I am so, so happy to hear that! That's almost exactly what I'm hoping for! Have a great trip, and I hope I'm able to have the same feedback in a few months!
Me (slice-o-bread #1) DH (my matching slice) PeanutButter (AKA PB) Jelly
Old 01-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #1969
dutchdisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicaca View Post
Feeling the same way, here, and would like to know too! When I called to apply the Visa discount, I decided to upgrade, but the CM said only standard was available for the discount. Really want Oak Manor, close to the bridge - gotta have my Diet Coke! I really don't think the view matters, and it can't really take that much longer to walk from a standard to the bridge than a river? We are all able-bodied, so that is not the issue. I just see myself going to the food court a lot to get my soda!
When I called and applied the discount to our Royal Room/Water View, we had no problem, so it's not just the Standard room. I'd try calling back.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #1970
livinlife25
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchdisneyfamily View Post
When I called and applied the discount to our Royal Room/Water View, we had no problem, so it's not just the Standard room. I'd try calling back.
It all just depends on who has taken what rooms for that time frame.

April 2014- Pop Century
Jan 2013- POR
Sep 2009- AKL
2 visits in 1990's- OKW
Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #1971
Srbright
Mouseketeer

Good Eve!

One question ; we booked a River view Room in September (value 2). How likely is it that we can ask to be any where in building 14 or 18 even without the River view? I would be okay paying for River view and not getting it to be able to stay in one of those buildings.

Stacy
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #1972
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbright View Post
Good Eve!

One question ; we booked a River view Room in September (value 2). How likely is it that we can ask to be any where in building 14 or 18 even without the River view? I would be okay paying for River view and not getting it to be able to stay in one of those buildings.

Stacy
I am not sure but based on what I remember for pricing during that season. It would be cheaper to book a preferred room than a river view if you wanted to be in the AB section and then you'd be guaranteed that area.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #1973
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

"Fireworks" in Royal Rooms

Just booked at Royal Room for MLK weekend! Really excited since last time we stayed at POR, we were in the old OM rooms that were in really bad need of a refurb!

Anyway...can someone tell me how the fireworks on the headboard pictures work?? How do you turn them on (and off)? Any other neat features in the RR I should know about?

Thanks!

Old 01-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #1974
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
Just booked at Royal Room for MLK weekend! Really excited since last time we stayed at POR, we were in the old OM rooms that were in really bad need of a refurb!

Anyway...can someone tell me how the fireworks on the headboard pictures work?? How do you turn them on (and off)? Any other neat features in the RR I should know about?

Thanks!
They are push button and remain on for 30 minutes if I remember correctly. Take a look at the royal rooms at Andre's Site here: http://www.portorleans.org/royal-rooms.php

It has everything about the royal rooms.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #1975
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

If I am requesting building 38 AB section, would I be ok booking a Garden View?

I know technically it wasn't river view but we were on the side with a stream of water that flows into the river. Loved that spot, so not sure if I'd have a better shot at getting that building if I booked river view or if I'm ok booking garden?

Such a stupid question, lol.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #1976
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

For some reason I am thinking a fair amount of people didn't care for Alligator Bayou rooms. I personally prefer the decor in the photos of the Magnolia building......can anyone chime in about Alligator Bayou? I sure like the location of those preferred rooms, but is if isn't that much of a big deal, I may just book Magnolia if available. Would love the input

Also, if there is a trundle bed in every Alligator Bayou room, where the heck do you put your clothes? NOT willing to give up drawer space!!!

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 9
Old 01-03-2013, 04:04 AM   #1977
wdwagain518
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemom View Post
For some reason I am thinking a fair amount of people didn't care for Alligator Bayou rooms. I personally prefer the decor in the photos of the Magnolia building......can anyone chime in about Alligator Bayou? I sure like the location of those preferred rooms, but is if isn't that much of a big deal, I may just book Magnolia if available. Would love the input

Also, if there is a trundle bed in every Alligator Bayou room, where the heck do you put your clothes? NOT willing to give up drawer space!!!
we were in AB in September--thanks to a generous sprinkling of pixie dust we were upgraded to preferred room in Bldg 14! I really did like the room a lot-last time we stayed at POR in 2011 we were in Oak Manor before the refurb & conversion to RR. Honestly, I like both sections-they are different but each has their own charm. I really liked the landscaping in AB.

As for the storage, you definitely do lose some (but not all) drawer space with the trundle bed. If I remember correctly (and the photos on Andre's site will show for sure) there were 4 drawers in the dresser and a small set of shelves next to the fridge. This time I am going to take one of the hanging shelf units that you can get for $10 at Walmart just to keep things more organized.

ETA: just checked the photos and there are actually 3 drawers underneath the trundle-drawers are smaller than the ones in Magnolia Bend.

Last edited by wdwagain518; 01-03-2013 at 04:09 AM. Reason: fact check
Old 01-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #1978
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbright View Post
As has been said, you could always book Preferred, but that won't give you a view of the river from those buldings. Or stick with River View and request 14 (that building does have a number of river view category rooms).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
They are push button and remain on for 30 minutes if I remember correctly.
30 seconds I think...

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #1979
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
30 seconds I think...

Andre
Ha I knew it was 30 something just not hours or days, lol!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #1980
mommy2jack
Mouseketeer

We actually want to be in the Alligator Bayou rooms when we stay at POR in May. Those rooms looks so rustic and charming to me! Originally I booked a preferred room to guarantee us the rooms in AB... with the new promotion that is out preferred rooms do not seem to be included. I have the choice of garden, water or river. Is there one or the other that would give us more options to being in AB? Or doesn't it matter and should I just pick the cheapest one and fax my request in like so many others? We honestly don't care about the view. But I wanted AB rooms and wanted to be close to the main building/ main bus stop.
Thanks!!

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: