Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #196
stephd219
Mouseketeer

QOTD. - I really don't like weighing in, so I do so only once a week. Perhaps after my first loss I will be motivated and want to weigh in more frequently.

For something positive, I'm a really patient person.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
stephd219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #197
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
I'm just joining in. . .I will pm my weight in just a minute!

I need to lose probably about 20-25, but I would love to lose 10-15 before our upcoming trip! I really just want to get healthier so I have more energy! I do better when I am back at work (on Christmas Break now). I love break, but at work, I limit my calories better because I can only eat what I brought!

I am a weigh-everyday'er too! I agree with the poster who said it helps me monitor small daily adjustments I need to make!

A positive. . .I am outgoing and cheerful. One of my goals for 2013, though, is to be more positive with myself!

My goal for Jan is to lose 5 lbs! Looking forward to keeping myself accountable with this thread!
WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Miss you!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #198
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

I have updated the first page.

If your name is not there, please send me a pm with your starting weight and goal.

Going back to read what happened today.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #199
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Miss you!!!!!
Hi!!! miss you too!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #200
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

I don't have a lot of time tonight, but I did read everything.

I am loving all the positive energy, great responses, and motivation! It looks like it is going to be a great month! I don't have time tonight to reply to everyone, but did want to do a couple quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnb0627 View Post
So in 2011 I lost 37lbs in about 3 months. 2012 gained most of it back. The weight makes such a difference in how I feel. With the weight back on I feel tired all the time and my winter depression is about to kick in so I need to do something! As of today my starting weight is 194. My overall goal weight is 130. My January goal is 12lbs. I probably shouldn't set such high goals but I tend to procrastinate and if I set a low goal I will sit around and not do a thing till the last two weeks!

I plan to cut out breads and pastas, soda and junk food. I will eat mostly meats, fruits and vegetables. I will force myself to drink lots of water (even though I hate plain water) and all other drinks will be diet.

Positive: A coworker brought in a box of donuts to work this morning and offered me one and I said NO thank you! Lol silly I know but I have to acknowledge it to keep myself going. I also used sweetener instead of sugar in my coffee, ewwww.
Great job resisting those donuts!
Ita about the weight effecting how you feel. I feel like a different person than I did in 2009. Some of that is no gluten, but a lot is not carrying around 40 extra pounds. I fight seasonal depression as well and have found the classes I take at the Y help a lot--especially the evening ones. The longer I avoid coming home and vegging out, the happier I seem to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Happy New Year everyone!

I had no idea that this started already in the old year - but I am very happy that I made it here just in time. I really like the idea of the one month challenges. One of my problems is losing steam after a while and I think setting a new goal at the beginning of each months will be great in giving me a new motivation boost!
Nice to see you Magdalene! I think losing steam is a common problem.

In the past I would have a bad day, bad meal, bad week, etc and then just quit. It was an all or nothing kind of thing. I have learned that one bad meal, choice, even week, does not have to define me. It does not make me a quitter or a loser (you know, the bad kind of loser ). It just means I need to pick myself up, dust myself off and keep moving forward. I don't have to be "on" 100% of the time. I just have to keep trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLime View Post
I just sent her a PM. I can do this. The week doesn't matter to me.
I have you down for that 3rd week. If you all decide to switch, just let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Positive - I got up and dressed and got the kids to school on time.
Hey that's a pretty positive thing, in my opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
I'm Susan--I live in Oregon, I have a lot of cats, 2 grown kids and a husband over 20 years.
Hi Susan! Nice to see you. I am glad you are feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
I finally got on my tread mill today early this morning and then my youngest started throwing up so there went my work out today. I'll try to sneak in some resistance when DH is home tonight.
Uggh. I so do not miss that! I hope you got some time to get your workout in and that your youngest is feeling better.

As expected, I was slammed today at work. But it's a good thing!
My boss left me some Hershey's kisses and the positive--I did not eat them all!

I ran my mile for the day (2/365) and did a 55 min strength class. I haven't taken a strength class in awhile because of some issues with my back and marathon training, so I really enjoyed it. I am having some nerve issues in my right quad which I am ignoring until after the marathon. It's mostly flaring up when I stretch or do lunges--all the more reason to not do lunges. Hopefully it is a non-issue.

I will be back in a bit with tomorrow's QOTD.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #201
camnhan
DIS Veteran

When I am really working at it I weigh Every morning when I am being really bad then i avoid the scale like the plague
camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #202
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

QOTD--Jan 3, 2013--What is your favorite non-traditional veggie? (Meaning other than: broccoli, green beans, peas, tomatoes.) Do you have a quick and easy way of preparing it that you'd like to share?

And you know it is coming---

Say something positive about yourself.

I have another busy day coming up, but I will try to check in tomorrow evening.
Have a great Thursday!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #203
coffeecassie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
QOTD--Jan 3, 2013--What is your favorite non-traditional veggie? (Meaning other than: broccoli, green beans, peas, tomatoes.) Do you have a quick and easy way of preparing it that you'd like to share?

Have a great Thursday!
Acorn squash baked in the oven with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of parmesan!
Positive- I am so lucky to have a supportive spousal equivalent! He makes this easier for me! He even tries to hide the candy bars he is eating so I won't feel left out. More than I can say for the 9 year old!
Thanks Rose for working this in to your busy schedule!
coffeecassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #204
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecassie View Post
Acorn squash baked in the oven with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of parmesan!
Positive- I am so lucky to have a supportive spousal equivalent! He makes this easier for me! He even tries to hide the candy bars he is eating so I won't feel left out. More than I can say for the 9 year old!
Thanks Rose for working this in to your busy schedule!
I am only busy three days a week. I work part time. Compared to everyone who is juggling so much more, I am a slacker. It only feels busy to me right now cause my DS is still home from college for a few more days.

I love squash roasted in the oven! Yum!

Can't believe I am saying this---c'mon you stinky gators! Score some points so I can go to bed. Yes, I am rooting for the gators. I know most people will not believe that. Gotta support the conference.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #205
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Posting early, since I really need to get to work on time and I think I will run in the morning.

QOTD Wednesday, January 2, 2013

How often do you weigh/ get on the scale?

And you know it's coming--say something positive about yourself.
I weigh myself every morning. It helps me to monitor ... and assess the good and bad.

Positive: I don't have any gray hairs yet (thanks mom and dad for the good genes ).

Quote:

Have a great Thursday!
I have a hard time cooking veggies. I like them but get really bored eating the same thing. I am looking forward to seeing what other people write. (I like the acorn squash recipe. )

Positive: I was under calories today, drank 8 glasses of water and exercised for 30 minutes.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:15 PM   #206
tinkerbye
Mouseketeer

I love all red vegies. Fresh, not canned beets and red cabbage are main ingredients in my purple soup!

Goodness for the day, even though I'm feeling a little under the weather I didn't let effect anyone else.
tinkerbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:27 AM   #207
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nice to see you Magdalene! I think losing steam is a common problem.

In the past I would have a bad day, bad meal, bad week, etc and then just quit. It was an all or nothing kind of thing. I have learned that one bad meal, choice, even week, does not have to define me. It does not make me a quitter or a loser (you know, the bad kind of loser ). It just means I need to pick myself up, dust myself off and keep moving forward. I don't have to be "on" 100% of the time. I just have to keep trying.
Thanks for the encouragement! I think I have gotten better at getting back on track over the last few years. It really is a learning process and I figured out that the more often you pick yourself up the more it becomes a habit - and hence easier. I still have a way to go though....

Quote:

Have a great Thursday!
I love zucchini (or courgette - my dictionary offers both names). I slice them and mix them in a bowl with a teaspoon of olive oil and then sprinkle with coars sea salt and pepper. Then roast them in the oven. Works wonderful as well if you add bell pepper, any squash and if you add a few potatoes you can make a meal out of it. Sometimes I even throw in a chicken breast if I need more protein, but often I just make some low fat yoghurt dip to go with the potatoes and vegetables.

I missed that positive thing yesterday, so must make sure to do it today! Since I am still a bit wet I guess I will make it that I did walk to work despite it being very rainy outside and did not take the bus! So that's the first 20 minutes of workout for the day.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #208
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good Thursday morning.

We love roasted cauliflower. I can make an entire head for just the three of us and it will be gone.

Something positive I am a good friend. We are having a 60th birthday party for a friend at school today that I organized.

Have a happy and healthy day.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:00 AM   #209
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone! Got my treadmilling in this morning. Thanks for all the encouragement about working out early in the morning! It helps to know that we all have support in this journey. For those of you that say, I wish I could get my workouts in early. I say just try it. Give it 2 weeks. You'll be surprised at how your body adapts.

Have a great day filled with healthy choices everyone!

Kristin
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:45 AM   #210
jbm02
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Have a great Thursday!
Yesterday QOTD: I try to weigh myself every other day. It's really the only way I an keep myself on trak - when I'm doing good, it's motivation to ontinue. When I'm not, it's a reminder to work harder ...

Veggies and I are NOT good friends. I usually pack carrots to snack on during the day, and a neighbor gave me a recipe for roasted kale that's actually pretty good. Not as good as the potato chips she swore it "tasted just like" but not bad!

Positive: kept a good attitude this morning about driving my parents to the airport at 445 AM (in -6 temps!). Getting up wasn't the issue - but it meant I missed my favorite 5AM spin class. I'm working on a less rigid schedule so this was good, right? LOL. And my parents will be happy to get to warm, sunny Florida for the winter!

1976 CR, 1980 Poly, 1991 Yacht Club (honeymoon), 1997 POFQ, 2001 AsSp, 2001 CS (10th Anniversary), 2002 CR, 2003 SOG, 2004 SOG, 2006 SOG/Double Dip on the Magic to the western Caribbean, 2009 CBR/Double Dip on the Magic, 2011 POP for the PRINCESS HALF MARATHON
jbm02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: