Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #2896
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom04 View Post
Good morning all,

I have another question... this time about the disney tickets that GkTW gives.

Here is our situation:

We have leftover days from previous tickets that are not park hoppers. Could we use those tickets and hold on to the ones that GKTW gives us and use those a year of so down the road?

The reason we would want to do this is because we know we will not want to park hop for our Wish Trip. We want to spend most of our time at the GKTW village. And this way, on another trip, we would have the option to park hop.

Does this make sense? Would we be allowed to do this? I'm not trying to cheat... but if I can do this "legally", I will.

Thanks for your replies.

Jean
Our Disney tickets from GKTW expire in 2014. When we were there, I heard quite a few families that were going to save them and go to other places that they probably would never spend money to go.
Oh the Disney tickets, if you use them once, you have 14 days to use the rest of it (2days) from what I have read. We went to Animal Kingdom so now our tickets have expired.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #2897
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Judy~ I'm so excited to sit down and read the rest of Lisa's trip report. You are such a great author!

NevadaJen~ Hope you have a wonderful and magical trip!!! Enjoy some warm weather for me!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #2898
OhanaDreams
Cute and Fluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kktraylor View Post
I feel guilty even asking about this since so many of your kids have it so much worse, but does Make a Wish grant for chronically I'll children? My daughter has Familial Mediterranean Fever. It's a rare genetic disorder that causes fevers and inflammation around her joints and organs. She's on medicine which should give her a normal life span, I just hate that she's missed out on a carefree childhood. Even with the medicine she still has frequent fevers, severe stomach pain, and joint pain. Without the medicine it would be life threatening. Has anyone had any experience with this type of situation?

Our kiddo is having his wish granted with the Dream Factory. Dream Factory continues to follow the kids after their wish has been granted. They get invited to outings and parties on a regular basis. Here is a link to see if there is a chapter near you.http://www.dreamfactoryinc.org/AboutUs/FindAChapter/tabid/5331/Default.aspx

Buglet's Wish Pre-Trip Report

~1997 All Star Music~~2002 Coronado~~2010 All Star Music Family Suite~~2012 Caribbean Beach~2013 G.K.T.W. Dream Factory Wish Trip
Old 01-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #2899
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

I called Dream Factory. Unfortunately they only serve 3 parishes, and I'm one parish away. :-(. Do you know of any similar organizations? I'm in Louisiana.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #2900
Happy Dreams1
Where happy dreams and magic is just a castle away

Hey there Wish families! I've seen a lot of new Wishers coming on board and everyone is so excited! I had my Wish trip in Aug. 2011 and we are returning to the Orlando in just 9 days!

Happy New Year everyone!

Mom Wanda(sis-22) Me- Claudia(17)(wish kid)

LOVE California...my home away from home:

My Make-A-Wish trip to Disney World 2011 :
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2791041
Old 01-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #2901
jon03015
Mouseketeer

Just got a call from the Wish Granters. The one day I have planned for the send of party they can't make it so we are planning it for a different day. We have had the same wish granters for almost two years I think it would be great for them as well as us to have them there. We are also going to meet with them on a different night to get our info packet/expense check (the Wish Granters get that info 2 weeks before the trip at our chapter) and have dinner.
Went to the dollar store to get supplies last night: hand sanitizer, mole skin, shower curtain and clips (to cover the stroller in rain). Also went to Party City: 99 cent lanyards (whoohoo! $4-$6 other places), mickey and minnie glow necklaces, glitter hairspray. We also received our welcome brochure from Mayor Clayton and the GKTW Village in the mail yesterday!!! And I signed up the family for a pirate pals fireworks cruise for one of the nights. One of Austin's specific wishes was to see the fireworks. Oaky, I am done updating. Can you tell I am getting a little neurotic?! Super excited.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #2902
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

We are at GKTW! Quick question. Which park are the incredibles at?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #2903
disneymom04
Mouseketeer

Hi Nevada Jen,
Incredibles are at Hollywood Studios. In the animation building I think.
Have fun!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #2904
jas792
Earning My Ears

hollywood studios

go to animation court -- go into the art studio and alk through it - you will walk right into the icredibles --- have a great time - we will be there feb 17th cant wait
Old 01-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #2905
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

I just had to share...

Shawn-Brooklyn's MAW Disney Cruise Jan 2013 pre trip

Old 01-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #2906
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Jen View Post
We are at GKTW! Quick question. Which park are the incredibles at?
Yay!!! Have an AMAZING time!

Shawn-Brooklyn's MAW Disney Cruise Jan 2013 pre trip

Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #2907
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post
I just had to share...

LOVE it!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #2908
Oneplustwins
Mouseketeer

Just talked to our wish grantors yesterday, they said we should have our official dates within 2 weeks! Wow! I ordered a set of iron ons for us 5 off Etsy, so that was fun too! I am not a sewer but these are iron on so even I can do that! Lol! I see many of you talking about a send off party? Is this something all chapters do? We live in MN. Can you tell me more about that? Enjoying reading everyone's posts I can just feel the excitement! Jack is most excited about the ice cream and Pooh. He has never been to Disney so I think he can't imagine it all! Thanks everyone!
Victoria
Old 01-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #2909
LittleEsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post
I just had to share...

Too Cute!

Emma's PTR..Better late than never./?t=3069552
Old 01-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #2910
LittleEsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneplustwins View Post
Just talked to our wish grantors yesterday, they said we should have our official dates within 2 weeks! Wow! I ordered a set of iron ons for us 5 off Etsy, so that was fun too! I am not a sewer but these are iron on so even I can do that! Lol! I see many of you talking about a send off party? Is this something all chapters do? We live in MN. Can you tell me more about that? Enjoying reading everyone's posts I can just feel the excitement! Jack is most excited about the ice cream and Pooh. He has never been to Disney so I think he can't imagine it all! Thanks everyone!
Victoria
I'm not a crafty person either so I will probably get some iron-ons too I asked my wish granter about a send off party the other day and he said we would talk about it at a later time I hope we get to have one. My kids are super excited about the ice-cream too and YAY for dates

Emma's PTR..Better late than never./?t=3069552
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: