Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #1171
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Thanks tink! I was looking for that since someone mentioned they had one too...couldn't locate.

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #1172
tntmaresca
Earning My Ears

where purchase FE?

1. will you please post information/websites etc. where I can purchase Fish hook Extender?

2. can you post a photo of a FE, maybe I could find someone local to make me one.

3. how much money should I plan to spend on gifts for the FE? I will be purchasing all items (not artistic), gift ideas? all or just kids? daily or one bigger gift?

4. door decoaration/magnets. can you post some photos of some you have seen, just trying to get some ideas.

This is an incredible site, thanks for all of the tips and feedback - VERY helpful
tntmaresca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #1173
SunLuvr321
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntmaresca View Post
1. will you please post information/websites etc. where I can purchase Fish hook Extender?

2. can you post a photo of a FE, maybe I could find someone local to make me one.

3. how much money should I plan to spend on gifts for the FE? I will be purchasing all items (not artistic), gift ideas? all or just kids? daily or one bigger gift?

4. door decoaration/magnets. can you post some photos of some you have seen, just trying to get some ideas.

This is an incredible site, thanks for all of the tips and feedback - VERY helpful
I am just working on my first FE now, so I do not have all your answers. I went to www.etsy.com and searched for "fish extender Disney". I found quite a few fish extenders (with pictures) as well as some fish extender gifts.

It seems like the amount of money that people spend varies quite a bit. I have also read about people who do one gift as well as people who do multiple gifts. I am planning on a stateroom gift with some Disney magnets that I made with something local (haven't figured out what that is yet).

There is a thread called "Stateroom Ears and then some.." that has files for Mickey Ears you can print out. They fit around the porthole number on the door. You can print them on paper and attach magnets or you can print out on magnet paper. I got some at an office supply store. Here is the link for that thread. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891

Hope this helps!
Cori

2/2013-Disney Dream ~ 9/2009-Carnival Sensation
SunLuvr321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #1174
SunLuvr321
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuetink View Post
Did this help at all???
That did help me, once I found it. It has so much information that I went through it over several days and copied out the items that I wanted to remember to my own Word document. I made a couple page document that has the information I really want to make sure I don't forget.

2/2013-Disney Dream ~ 9/2009-Carnival Sensation
SunLuvr321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #1175
buglady11
Earning My Ears

refrigerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
If you have a medical or baby need, you can have a real refrigerator in your room (as opposed to a beverage cooler).
My daughter gets daily injections that have to be refrigerated and a ice pack we like to have frozen at the end of the cruise.

How large are the refrigerators in the room and has anyone asked for a different one? I am curious about if we could use what is in the room normally or if we will need to ask for something else.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #1176
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntmaresca View Post

I made ours out of duct tape, and I love it...looks better in person, tho

Old 01-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #1177
flamestarrdust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch View Post
I made ours out of duct tape, and I love it...looks better in person, tho

Do you have directions on how you made this? I had seen yours before on another thread and I like the way it looks better than other ones I have seen.

AUGUST 2010 TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post38036065
AUGUST 2010 PTR!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36865082
JULY 4th 2006 Cali Grill Event! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157941[/SIZE][[/SIZE][/SIZE]
flamestarrdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:42 AM   #1178
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestarrdust View Post
Do you have directions on how you made this? I had seen yours before on another thread and I like the way it looks better than other ones I have seen.
I don't actually have instructions written, but I guess that I can work on making them and then I will post here.
Thanks for liking it...I was surprised that so many people that have come by my house have liked it too....and they aren't even familiar with FE at all, lOl.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #1179
Meredisney
DIS Veteran

Location: "second STAR to the right, and straight on 'til morning"

Pack a bottle of red wine and make sangria to sip poolside using the juice from the self-service drink station at Cabanas/Topsiders or up by the family pool.

Future: Disney Fantasy - 11/07/2015
Completed: Disney Dream - 11/14/2014; Disney Dream Charity Preview Cruise - 01/21/11; Carnival Dream - 07/31/10; Disney Wonder - 11/05/09; Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 03/30/09; Celebrity Solstice - 11/21/08 charter pre-inaugural 2 day cruise to nowhere; Disney Wonder - 11/01/07; Caribbean Princess - 9/24/05; Carnival Fascination - 11/08/04; Disney Magic - 03/27/04; Disney Wonder - 10/02/03; Disney Wonder - 5/16/02
Meredisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #1180
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredisney View Post
Pack a bottle of red wine and make sangria to sip poolside using the juice from the self-service drink station at Cabanas/Topsiders or up by the family pool.
Wait, I thought we couldn't take alcohol that we bought on the ship out of our rooms? I have read on another thread that he took his beer to the MDR to enjoy with his meal. Can that really be done?

Old 01-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #1181
NCConch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch

Wait, I thought we couldn't take alcohol that we bought on the ship out of our rooms? I have read on another thread that he took his beer to the MDR to enjoy with his meal. Can that really be done?
Shhhhh..... I am planning on making margaritas to put in a sports bottle or travel mug.

1st Disney Cruise - Dec 26-29, 2013 on the Dream

NCConch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #1182
Meredisney
DIS Veteran

Location: "second STAR to the right, and straight on 'til morning"

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch View Post
I truly didn't know that. I have done this several times. I would never intentionally disobey the rules. Oops!

Future: Disney Fantasy - 11/07/2015
Completed: Disney Dream - 11/14/2014; Disney Dream Charity Preview Cruise - 01/21/11; Carnival Dream - 07/31/10; Disney Wonder - 11/05/09; Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 03/30/09; Celebrity Solstice - 11/21/08 charter pre-inaugural 2 day cruise to nowhere; Disney Wonder - 11/01/07; Caribbean Princess - 9/24/05; Carnival Fascination - 11/08/04; Disney Magic - 03/27/04; Disney Wonder - 10/02/03; Disney Wonder - 5/16/02
Meredisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #1183
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

lOl, well I was bummed to hear that if I wanted a bit of my own wine with dinner, I either had to pay the corkage fee or buy a glass from the MDR. I have a nice bottle of champagne and 4 small bottles of wine. I am traveling on the cheap (semi-extreme frugal-ite) so I was thinking that I would just have to do without the alcohol at all if it meant I had to sit along in my room and drink, because that's just a sad scenario,
Maybe there is an alcohol gestapo there watching what we drink in our cups?
Anyways, I won't tell if you all won't

Old 01-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #1184
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Many times I have brought a glass of wine to the table n the dining room, and have even brought a bottle. The servers have offered to open it and pour.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #1185
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
Many times I have brought a glass of wine to the table n the dining room, and have even brought a bottle. The servers have offered to open it and pour.
No corkage fee??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: