Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #76
momtomattclare
Mouseketeer

Merry Christmas, everyone! This will be our first Disney cruise! So excited!! It will be just me and my two kids. DS is 9 and DD is 5. DH will be holding down the fort in Chicago as he is not the Disney fan I am. Looking forward to connecting with other adults for me to hang with and other kiddos for my kiddos to hang with. Please PM me if you're interested in exchanging emails for our kids. We would also love to be added to the FE list!

momtomattclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #77
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndfor22349 View Post
Hello everyone,

Glad to see more people signing up bit by bit. Been very busy with work lately. We are headed out for our July trip to Disneyland on July 5th. I am sure it will be a mad house with the new Cars Land.

As part of our cruise we will be going to Disneyworld prior to the cruise for sure. I was thinking of doing one of the following.

MAGIC KINGDOM WISHES CRUISE (PREMIUM)
25' Tracker Pontoon

Price: $346.13, tax included for up to 10 guests. Price includes pontoon boat, driver, water, soda, bagged snacks and and audio feed of the fireworks music -Guests may order Private Dining to be delivered to the cruise. The sound from the fireworks show is provided on the boat

Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
(formerly the Magical Fireworks Voyage)

This event begins with cookies, snacks and beverages before you "set sail" on your magical voyage where you'll have prime viewing of the Magic Kingdom's "Wishes" and "Electrical Water Pageant." Before you board, none other than Captain Hook and his hapless first-mate Mr. Smee arrive for some mayhem and photos. Your host for the night is "Patch," a pirate of dubious distinction. As you sail along the Seven Seas Lagoon, Patch will have you singing along and challenge you to some Disney Trivia.

Your "ship will set anchor" at the perfect spot overlooking the Magic Kingdom to view "Wishes". From there you return to the pier while Patch regales you with the story of Peter Pan. When you arrive, you'll see that none other than Peter himself is there to greet you.

Price: $57.50 (ages 10 and up) $33.01 (ages 3 - 9)
Reservations: Can be made up to 180 days in advance. Requirements: Credit card charged when making the reservation. 48-hour cancellation policy Meeting location: Noted on the event board in Disney's Contemporary Resort

If anyone will be at the resort and interested in joining in just let me know. Also does anyone know if a Cabana can be shared between different family's. Its just my wife and my 2 yr old son. Seems like alot of room just for the three of us.
Is anyone still planning to do this? If so, what night? Group meet????

DHMe DD11 DD9 DD6 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western Planned: 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #78
momtomattclare
Mouseketeer

Excited reading through everyone's posts! Trying to build my post count so I can respond to PMs. Can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Old 12-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #79
neffernie
DIS Veteran

Hi everybody! My family will be on this criuse too. I am so exited I found this thread. It will be our first time on DCL tbougb we have done other lines before. It will be me, DH, and DD13 (almost 14). .

neffernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #80
momtomattclare
Mouseketeer

Newbie question--thinking ahead to 1/8/13 when i can register for things--we need to renew DS's passport. I assume this will mean that I won't be able to do check-in until his new one arrives, but will this also screw me up for registering for port adventures on 1/8?

Old 12-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #81
scrapbookjulie
Mouseketeer

You won't need your passport numbers to book port adventures.
scrapbookjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #82
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

I don't think it will be an issue. People get new passports for a variety of reasons all the time. You technically even need a passport for this cruise, although I always think that's a good idea when traveling overseas.

It should be fine.

1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western Planned: 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo
Old 12-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #83
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtomattclare
Merry Christmas, everyone! This will be our first Disney cruise! So excited!! It will be just me and my two kids. DS is 9 and DD is 5. DH will be holding down the fort in Chicago as he is not the Disney fan I am. Looking forward to connecting with other adults for me to hang with and other kiddos for my kiddos to hang with. Please PM me if you're interested in exchanging emails for our kids. We would also love to be added to the FE list!
Hi there! I'm Ellen, and I will also be traveling without my DH- on this cruise it will just be me and my 13ds, Tim- I'd LOVE some adult company onboard!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #84
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Oops! I meant DS 13 Timmy!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #85
ssnow32539
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone!

We are all signed up and counting down the days till our cruise! We just love everything Disney and especially, DCL. This will be our 5th cruise; 2nd time on the Dream. We are also DVC members. In our cabin will be my husband (Kevin), myself (Shannon), our daughter (Sarah-15), and her friend (Aleja-15). It is Aleja's first cruise and the first time my daughter has had a friend travel with her. She is sooo excited! Unfortunately, our son wasn't able to make this trip since he will still be in college at that time. We joined the fish extender group. This is the first time ever doping this....we always wondered what all those hanging pockets were outside everyone's doors....now we know. We can't wait to meet everyone. Hope you all have a happy and exciting New Year!
Shannon Snow

March 24-28, 2013 Dream - 4 nights
November 17-20, 2011 Dream - 3 nights
January 8-15, 2011 Magic - 7 nights
April 24-27, 2008 Wonder - 3 nights
July 1-8, 2006 Magic - 7 night
....and a whole bunch of trips to WDW thrown in between...too many to count.
ssnow32539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:40 PM   #86
Masonmomof4
Earning My Ears

Smile

Hi Everyone, We are booked on this cruise. It will be our first cruise. It will be myself, my husband, our 16 year old daughter, 13 year old son, 9 year old son and 4 year old daughter. We have 2 cabins. We are excited but I am suddenly feeling overwhelmed in trying to decide on what to book ahead of time for shore excursions, etc.
Masonmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #87
luvdmouse
Mouseketeer

So excited to see more teens joining. I have twin 13 DS and a 16 DD. We just found out our friends are on the same cruise with their DS14 and DD16. We got our 11am PAT time which is what we were hoping for and booked Blue Lagoon for our Bahamas day.
luvdmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #88
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year!

And welcome to all the new members to the thread, especially those new to DCL. Don't hesitate to ask your questions here. Some of us have a few cruises under our belts and are more than happy to share our experiences with others.
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #89
ktmo
Mouseketeer

Hi, everyone. I paid our final payment. So excited. We can book shore excursions on the 8th. Does anyone know if anything is left? I figure a lot of the stuff will be gone. Any of the dolphin encounters? If you don't mind looking, I would appreciate it. This is our third cruise (first Disney) and we have tried to do a dolphin encounter on each of those, but they have been cancelled due to missing the ports. I am hoping to see dolphins on this one.
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2013 - 4 nights on the Dream
October 2013 - Art of Animation
ktmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #90
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

All the dolphin appear to be available right now - at least 10 different dolphin excursions are still on the list.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: