Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #31
Married_Him_@_Disney
A Disney Mom

Sometimes words are not enough....more on the schoolbread...

Upcoming Trips: November 2014 - Grand Floridian. . . January 2015 POFQ Birthday Trip. . . . June 15, 2015 Cruising Alaska!
Married_Him_@_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #32
cheshirecatattack
Mouseketeer

Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbor House

Epcot - sunshine seasons

DHS - fairfaxe fare

A.K. - flame tree bbq
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #33
tomigirl484
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Married_Him_@_Disney
Sometimes words are not enough....more on the schoolbread...
Ummmm.....YUMMY!!!

1987-2005 Many, many, many day trips to DL as a kid
Jan 2013 - FIRST trip to WDW with DH
tomigirl484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #34
fbarker
Mouseketeer

MK: Pinocchio House (sitting outside on the second level people watching)
DHS: Starring Roles ..nice quiet area again great for people watching
fbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #35
pegrad1
Earning My Ears

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Our trip is in 3 months & 3 days. (I still haven't figured out how to get my DisTicker to show up on here. Just have the link) I have pages of tips/suggestions, our ADR's are all taken care of and I thought to myself...how in the world will we pick Counter Service meals? By that I mean, I don't want the same ole, same ole burgers & dogs. It's Disney, I want some counter service magic! Okay, so as much magic as you are going to get with Quick Service! I would rather do my research & have a few different options for each park at the ready. SO, I really appreciate this post as it has helped tremendously!
Thanks everyone for the ideas/suggestions! It is truly appreciated!

pegrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #36
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

One more addition I forgot to mention, I personally loved the food court at Caribbean Beach. It's been so long since I've been to the other resort food courts (I stayed at Dixie Landings before it turned into Riverside and Pop Sports), but I would imagine that the moderate resorts would have similar food at least in quality. I like the stations that they have so there are different types of food and I am not forced to get burgers and chicken sandwiches unless I want one. It's also nice to sometimes go back to the resort at 1, grab lunch and go back to our room and rest.
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #37
ILuvTinkerbelle
Mommy the Magic Maker

So glad I found this thread....we leave in 2 days and I want to try and have some good food for our CS meals....will have to pour over this and the snack credit thread in the next days!
Pop Century 2004
Port Orleans French Quarter 2005
Carribean Beach Resort 2009
Disney Art of Animation: Lion King Suites 2013

ILuvTinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #38
wdw71
DIS Veteran

My favorite in The Magic Kingdom is Columbia Harbor House
Animal Kingdom is Flame Tree BBQ
EPCOT is Sunshine Seasons
and I don't have a fav in DHS not that any are bad its just none stand out to me.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #39
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerwithDis View Post
One favorite. WOLFGANG PUCK EXPRESS. Its VERY VERY VERY good. Always consistent, always delicious. Never had an issue with the food there. Its so tasty and one of my favorite places to go.

Earl of Sandwich is decent, but its just a sandwich. A very overhyped sandwich. At the end of the day I have to decide whether I want a sandwich for dinner (EoS), or a bacon wrapped meatloaf with mashed potatoes (WGPE).....guess what? WGPE always wins every single time!
Not in Nov or Dec, when EoS has their Holiday Turkey/Dressing sandwiches. I love WGP Express and will normally choose it over EoS, except for when EoS has the Holiday S/Ws. I could eat one of those every single day of the trip, for any meal.

As far as other counter service restaurants:

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, Norwegian bakery, French bakery, Tangeriene Cafe

MK: Columbia Harbour House or Sleepy Hollow (sweet/spicy chicken waffle s/w)

AK: Flame Tree BBQ (unless my mom is with us--she has eaten there twice and got sick both times, so refuses to try it again) Also like a couple of sides at the Y&Y CS for a meal (chicken fried rice with egg rolls)

DS: nothing, but do like the cupcakes at Starring Rolls

DTD: Wolfgang Pucks Express, Earl of Sandwich, and Cookes of Dublin

Resorts: Pepper Market at CSR (love their huge chicken nachos)

Last edited by aubriee; 01-24-2013 at 07:07 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #40
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

Caseys is my new fave.
Also fell in love with cookes of dublin in dtd.
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #41
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

I do like the Mara at AKL

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #42
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons, Tangerine Cafe, and Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie
AK - Flame Tree Barbecue and Yak & Yetti Counter Service
DD - Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich
MK - Columbia Harbour House and Be Our Guest (lunch)
DHS - Backlot Express, Starring Rolls, and Writers Stop

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT

Last edited by disnmooner2013; 01-26-2013 at 12:17 PM.
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #43
amberpi
DIS Veteran

I don't do a ton of CS because a lot of it just isn't appealing, but the Yorkshire (I think I got that right) fish and chips shop in the UK pavilion at Epcot and Tangerine Cafe are excellent! We've also enjoyed Earl of Sandwich and WPE n DTD, but we have a couple of local WPEs, so its not such a draw for us. I do think if you are stuck in AK that Flametree is a decent decision, but note if you need to escape for some ac, that the Rainforest Cafe bar almost always has seats available. It may not be the best in terms of food, but we have sought it out for a respite from the heat.
amberpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #44
bsb
Earning My Ears

I don't mean to hijack but I have a question. At starring rolls if you go for lunch on the DDP do they give you those huge cupcakes everyone talks about as your dessert?
bsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #45
jlr9882
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
MK: Columbia Harbor House. The fried shrimp are a (relative) bargain for Disney food. And the upstairs seating is actually quite sane.
While I find the food at Cosmic Ray's to be just fine, the seating there can be a bit of a pain. And I am not a fan of their "station" system, especially if you have kids who are too young to send on their own for their food if they want something different from what you want. Pecos Bill's is typical, and passable. If I am in that part of the park and it is meal time, I will go.But I would never plan my day around it.

AK: I'm a creature of habit here, I'm afraid. We only eat lunches at that park, since it closes early. We always use our AK day to plan a nice Signature dinner. And as far as lunch goes, we have probably eaten 80% of them at Flame Tree. Big portions that can be shared, and the food is pretty good.

DHS: You'll probably notice two trends in this thead. First, people will tell you that they really enjoy Flame Tree at AK. Second, people will tell you that there isn't any good CS food at DHS. Funny thing is, Fairfax Fare at DHS serves pretty much the same food as Flame Tree. Now, perhaps I can see the argument that one might not want to eat BBQ for lunch every day. (I pity that trend of thought.). But the argument that FT is great and DHS has no good CS food is simply illogical. They have far more in common than they have differences. Beyond that, the cheeseburger at ABC Commissary won't kill you.

Epcot: Lots of options here. We have eaten at, and would return to La Cantina outside the Mexico pavillion; Sommerfest in Germany; Tangierine Cafe in Morocco; Yorkshire Fish Shop in the UK; and Sunshine Seasons in The Land.
Do you know if the 1/2 chicken and ribs combo at Fairfax Fare is as good as Cosmic Ray's? I have heard that Cosmic Ray's only has that combo for dinner now, and we have dinner ressies every night on our upcoming trip. I haven't tried Fairfax before, and want to get the best bang for our DDP buck. I would love the chicken and rib combo if it is the same as Cosmic. I wish FF had the mashed potatoes instead of coleslaw. Not a coleslaw fan, but would still order if it the chicken and ribs are as good.

I also love Sunshine Seasons, La Cantina, and Yorkshire Fish Shop in Epcot. I ate at the Japenese qs many years ago, and it was good then too.

At Ak, we went to Flame Tree for the ribs and they were great.

[/url]

July 2013- Our 1st July 4th trip with a party of 12- CSR w/DDP
Aug 2011- Bahamas Celebration Cruise and Disney -POP w/DDP (My DS with 20+ allergies was treated like a Prince!)
Feb 2011- Epcot trip and DTD- offsite rental house
Aug 2009- DS first trip! -POP
Tons more trips before then offsite with my first trip at only 6 weeks old. My cousin that went as our babysitter is now a CM!
jlr9882 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: